sh#t on the villa! (1 Viewer)

Lamptey

Give it up lads, ffs sick of hearing it.... Villa don't care about us even a little bit. Every other chant today......

pusbccfc

Doubt you would say that in the 90s.

letsallsingtogether

Give it up lads, ffs sick of hearing it.... Villa don't care about us even a little bit. Every other chant today......
Sorry but I have worked many Vile fans and all of them hated us, so shit on Um I say........

Astute

Will they not care about us next season when they have to play us?

Otis

Tottenham or Chelsea, United or anyone.

They don't care about us either, but we sing about them every game.

I'm just happy with the City fans singing. Much better than sitting in silence.

kg82

I don't get these sorts of threads?! What does it matter?! Does it affect you?! It's just a song and some of our fans don't like the villa! Who cares if you don't care about them. I also don't get the "it's embarrassing"... Moving to Northampton. THAT was embarrassing. Singing a song that we've sung for years? THAT'S not embarrassing!

R

RB1992

I don't think it's as embarrassing as the fact we sing "Let's all sing together" about 45,000 times over the course of the game. It's almost a competition between some people.

Once at the start and once at the end is enough thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

PVA

I really don't like villa, a lot of my mates are villa fans and I've had a lot of stick over the years.

But I agree with the OP, the song is embarrassing and I cringe when I hear it. We haven't been relevant to them for 15 years

However feel free to sing it next year when they visit the Ricoh.

theferret

Some people can't help but whine like children. I heard SOTV twice, so what. Embarrassing for who? Do you think opposition fans give shit? Why would they?

Same with Leicester, I can't stand the fuckers, work with a load of them, but the sad stiffs on here are always whining about any reference to a rivalry. Two of England's largest provincial cities separated by just 20 miles having a football rivalry - what an outrage, it's embarrassing! Yeah, of course it is.

skyblue1991

'Take me home, Highfield Rd'. Worst of the lot.

Don't mind the others but that one above is the most cringeworthy.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

theferret

It's like an episode of the X Factor in here. People seem to think they have their finger on the pulse of what is a worthy football chant. Some of the comments on here are making me cringe far more than any chant sung yesterday. 'Take me home' is completely inoffensive and the words actually have some resonance. Left side right side is a bit silly but actually had some relevance yesterday and was quite amusing at the end. Some of the Chesterfield fans actually applauded it.

Perhaps I'm just not that uptight and miserable.

skyblue1991

It's like an episode of the X Factor in here. People seem to think they have their finger on the pulse of what is a worthy football chant. Some of the comments on here are making me cringe far more than any chant sung yesterday. 'Take me home' is completely inoffensive and the words actually have some resonance. Left side right side is a bit silly but actually had some relevance yesterday and was quite amusing at the end. Some of the Chesterfield fans actually applauded it.

Highfield Road was ten years ago. You don't hear Leicester fans sing about Filbert St.

theferret

We've been chanting the song since 2010, maybe earlier.

So what, it's just a nostalgic reference and a nod to the fact most of us grew up watching City play there. I am sure fans of Arsenal, Sunderland, Derby (and countless others) often make nostalgic references about their old grounds.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What a pointless thread! People sing loads of stuff at matches - half of which I can't understand because so many sing, the words are illegible! But it's part and parcel of football matches. Let them get on with it! It all creates atmosphere!

DerekFaulkner

My mate from the pub said that SISU have given orders to start throwing out anyone who sings 'take me home, highfield road'

chiefdave

From now on can we have everyone silent. A polite round of applause for any good play is more than enough noise.

How many times this season have players mentioned our support and how much it lifts the team yet we've got a thread of fans moaning about song choice :facepalm:

oscillatewildly

Agreed. It's actually a bit embarrassing. Think it's down mainly to the younger ones who never experienced our meetings. Clearly trying to perpetuate some kind of local folklore.

Bob Latchford

untitled.jpg Originally Posted by Lamptey Give it up lads, ffs sick of hearing it.... Villa don't care about us even a little bit. Every other chant today......

Adge

It was actually John Sillett who poured petrol on the whole Villa thing in the late 80's early 90's because we hadn't beaten them for so long and people latched onto it from then. As far as I am aware our big rivals were always Wolves in the 60's who you could also say don't give a hoot about us as their rivals are West Brom?

SkyblueBazza

Meanwhile Leicester are no doubt obsessed about us?

The BIG rivals are the ones we choose for ourselves.

Personally, mine are The Vile & I am revelling in their plight. That rivalry developed in my teens as I was surrounded by mocking Vile fans & they did thier absolute best to humiliate me on their beating us, their winning the league, their winning the European Cup - so I am enjoying ridiculing them.

However, I don't give a shit what Leicester do as long as they aren't playing us.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

letsallsingtogether

It was actually John Sillett who poured petrol on the whole Villa thing in the late 80's early 90's because we hadn't beaten them for so long and people latched onto it from then. As far as I am aware our big rivals were always Wolves in the 60's who you could also say don't give a hoot about us as their rivals are West Brom?

Well we were singing Anti Vile songs in the late 70's as well as anti Wolves,WBA and Brum

We all hate wolves and wolves and wolves we all fucking hate wolves and Leicester.

Oh I do like to be beside the sea side oh I do like to be beside the sea oh I do like to be beside the prom prom prom where the brass bands play fuck off West Bromwich and Birmingham.

Users who are viewing this thread