sh#t on the villa! (3 Viewers)

ceetee

I can't see how singing a song about AV, two leagues above us, is actually supporting our team

Otis

I can't see how singing a song about AV, two leagues above us, is actually supporting our team
Nope, exactly and that is why we must stop singing the Sky Blue song.

We can't sing about Tottenham and Chelsea or United either, because they are two leagues above us.

Well said.

Gint11

I actually thought the 'left side, right side' chant was hilarious on Monday finishing with a joint applause! To be fair 'let's sing together' lyrics are outdated but it's out club anthem and our late great Mr Hill created it so I'll keep going. Just because we are in different leagues doesn't mean rivalry stops. Any Villa fan who says they never bothered with us was lying!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North York’s Blue

I thought the atmosphere was superb yesterday. I think having fans in two different stands actually helped, it'll be the same on sat, tempted to travel up.

lifeskyblue

I actually thought the 'left side, right side' chant was hilarious on Monday finishing with a joint applause! To be fair 'let's sing together' lyrics are outdated but it's out club anthem and our late great Mr Hill created it so I'll keep going. Just because we are in different leagues doesn't mean rivalry stops. Any Villa fan who says they never bothered with us was lying!!

The original by JH was proud, posh and cobblers and not Tottenham or Chelsea, United. So no reason it couldn't change again to reflect teams we play

Otis

The original by JH was proud, posh and cobblers and not Tottenham or Chelsea, United. So no reason it couldn't change again to reflect teams we play

Rochdale or Oldham doesn't have the same ring to it though does it.

ccfc1234

Barely any. Its embarrassing frankly.

Would disagree, a decade ago its was us and Villa as top dogs in the midlands with the baggies, Wolves and Birmingham all being up and down teams.

Many saw them as a result as our biggest rival. Personally I love it, we have a game the fans are up for and unites the city, and I do hope we promote as a sellout for the game at the Ricoh would be very special.

letsallsingtogether

Would disagree, a decade ago its was us and Villa as top dogs in the midlands with the baggies, Wolves and Birmingham all being up and down teams.

Many saw them as a result as our biggest rival. Personally I love it, we have a game the fans are up for and unites the city, and I do hope we promote as a sellout for the game at the Ricoh would be very special.

Exactly.
Hopefully we will all sit there quietly as all our songs are shit or embarrassing, after all we wouldn't want that would we.
PUSB

usskyblue

Every 'normal' Cov fan hates the Villa but some don't want to admit it...

Think of me as your mum ...I've just walked in to your room while you're 'knocking one out' to the Playtex page in my Gratton catalogue ...

... deny it all you want (tell me you were rubbing your tummy because you have 'tummy-ache')......

...trouble is, I know, deep down, that spilled coffee isn't the reason why pages 678 - 754 pages stick together.

#villawankers

letsallsingtogether

Yes hopefully the glory days are back next season Shit on the Villa,Brum,Wolves,Sunderland just to mensioned a few......
PUSB

skybluelee

Even back then Villa didn't recognise us as rivals. There was a rivals poll similar to the one posted here recently, done in about 2000. Villa responses didn't put us in the top 3 of that one either.

SussexSkyBlue

It's like an episode of the X Factor in here. People seem to think they have their finger on the pulse of what is a worthy football chant. Some of the comments on here are making me cringe far more than any chant sung yesterday. 'Take me home' is completely inoffensive and the words actually have some resonance. Left side right side is a bit silly but actually had some relevance yesterday and was quite amusing at the end. Some of the Chesterfield fans actually applauded it.

Perhaps I'm just not that uptight and miserable.

Best post on here, what a miserable load of fans we have. If this all we can moan about

Otis

Isn't that a good sign, suggests the on field stuff is going well?
You would think so, but there's still lots of complaining about on the field stuff too (tactics, players, wrong formations, substitutions etc.)

I am just enjoying this season so much, I really don't feel like complaining about anything.

Losing only 4 games out of 24 is remarkable in Coventry City terms and almost unheard of for many, many, many years.

I am just really happy with the attendances and the team and I think Ricketts is a great player at this level and that Vincelot has now become my favourite player and then we have the excitement of Murphy and Maddison and the goals of Armstrong and the fast attacking football that is getting us out of our seats and then we also have best manager we have had for many a year.

Last thing I want to do at the moment is moan. :)

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Shit on the Walsall , doesn't have the same ring to it though. #SOTV

letsallsingtogether

Even back then Villa didn't recognise us as rivals. There was a rivals poll similar to the one posted here recently, done in about 2000. Villa responses didn't put us in the top 3 of that one either.

So do we need their recognition?

ccfc1234

Its not about how they feel is it? Its about how we feel about them. I know when Man City were a smaller club in L1 many Utd fans considered Liverpool and Arsenal as their bitter rivals. That is very much not the case now.

Covstu

The song before this season was pointless but the fact they are rock bottom means that this song is purely relevant. Those who were there at villa park when they were singing at us when we went down will feel this song more than most.

As for other songs, I just think it's sad we have to attack our own fans for singing songs on the terraces

oscillatewildly

Best post on here, what a miserable load of fans we have. If this all we can moan about
It's a fans forum! People raise all sorts of issues for discussion (I think it's fair to say this one's a top ten hit) Love the fact you're moaning at the moaners!
For the record: We should bring back 'Lily the pink'.

Users who are viewing this thread