Sevilla match thread (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Negatives - Goalkeepers, McFadzean and Pask
Positives - Eccles, Burroughs, Hamer and Gyokeres

Another positive down the line will hopefully be that experience for Howley, who is clearly highly rated within the club.

Ccfcisparks

I’m cutting the lads some slack as that was the equivalent of playing a top 8 team in the prem, and we didn’t have a full squad. I must say I was impressed with the way that Waggy and Viktor pressed and linked up together first half. That seems a really positive partnership and for me should start the season. Second half when Shipley and Tyler came on we didn’t have the same intensity

Hertsccfc

Caught up with it in YouTube.

Not too bad against a very strong team. Impressed with Eccles and Burroughs and Gyokeres looked strong. Hamer looked classy and not out of place against their quality.

Better not say too much about the keepers.

lifeskyblue

Lots of positives especially first half. Robins will be happy with the runout and the general organisation of the side. Many of the probable season starters did not play either through COVID or other reasons. Many of the youngsters performed well: Eccles showed he will be in match day squads regularly, bapaga and Burroughs will also feature, Rowe and others developing well. Gyokeres and Waghorn looked decent together (thought Walker unlucky to be on second half when we just didn’t get the ball forward). Hamer looked sharp again. Defensively first half mcfadzean led and organised well.
Biggest disappointment was my first look at Moore…I thought he should have done better on all three he conceded: first free kick his starting position, second he fumbled and then lost his angles, third he was on the floor before the striker shot. I’m not saying he should have saved 1&3 but he made it easy for the attacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

larry_david

Moore had a rough first 45 mins in a cov shirt. Can't be written off from that.

Yes the wall was set up and his positioning was shite.

Yes he fumbled collecting a through ball and then got himself in no man's land

Yes he was on the deck before the striker even had the ball

Actually it was quite worrying. My 6aside gk does the same and despite us in the warm up faking to shoot, waiting for him to go down too early then lifting it over him and laughing, he's still done it for 8 years.

better days

Negatives - Goalkeepers, McFadzean and Pask
Positives - Eccles, Burroughs, Hamer and Gyokeres

Another positive down the line will hopefully be that experience for Howley, who is clearly highly rated within the club.
Little bit harsh there LSB
With literally all the other CBs unavailable Pask and McFadz had to play the full game against far better players than they will normally come up against
The origonal plan was to give everyone 45 minutes where possible
All keepers have the odd bad day
Let's hope this was one of them
The best thing about the day was that the young players who were thrown in swam like fish
I'm sure our management team learnt a lot about them yesterday

Winny the Bish

Just watched the game. That 2nd half was rough, as soon as we went to the box formation we dropped too deep and lost all our attacking threat.

Hopefully Moore just needs to shake off the rust, mistakes like that when the season starts will cost us points.

Winny the Bish

With literally all the other CBs unavailable Pask and McFadz had to play the full game against far better players than they will normally come up against

Not sure about this one BD. The lad who got behind them to score twice has only ever played for their reserves. The #10 who came on was 17. Sevilla did have some fantastic players out there, but had 8 academy players on in the 2nd half and the ones who gave us the most trouble were kids.

Last edited:

shmmeee

No shame in losing to Sevilla, even 4-0.

I can understand why we went to the box as we were lacking in strikers, but it’s only ever effective when you control the game IMO, otherwise you end up playing 9——1.

Legia Sky Blue

The origonal plan was to give everyone 45 minutes where possible
All keepers have the odd bad day
Let's hope this was one of them
The best thing about the day was that the young players who were thrown in swam like fish
I'm sure our management team learnt a lot about them yesterday

In retrospect, fair point about the centre backs. 90 minutes in that heat in your first game of pre season must have been tough, so yes the centre backs probably deserve a pass. Hopefully Rose, Hyam & Drysdale will soon be available to offer us more options though!

Brighton Sky Blue

In retrospect, fair point about the centre backs. 90 minutes in that heat in your first game of pre season must have been tough, so yes the centre backs probably deserve a pass. Hopefully Rose, Hyam & Drysdale will soon be available to offer us more options though!

Hopefully there will be a couple of reinforcements for that position in any case.

skybluegod

I’m cutting the lads some slack as that was the equivalent of playing a top 8 team in the prem, and we didn’t have a full squad. I must say I was impressed with the way that Waggy and Viktor pressed and linked up together first half. That seems a really positive partnership and for me should start the season. Second half when Shipley and Tyler came on we didn’t have the same intensity

I think it's premature to say the waghorn and Gyo partnership should start the season given it was one half. (Not just you that has said it), They did look good but i think walker could be huge for us this season if he can stay fit and healthy. Did well last season goals wise considering injury, covid and so little pre-season, would like to see the various partnerships as pre-season goes on then see, hard to judge off that match

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it's premature to say the waghorn and Gyo partnership should start the season given it was one half. (Not just you that has said it), They did look good but i think walker could be huge for us this season if he can stay fit and healthy. Did well last season goals wise considering injury, covid and so little pre-season, would like to see the various partnerships as pre-season goes on then see, hard to judge off that match

Walker is a poacher, he's best paired with someone to do the hard work and create chances. On his own he's probably the most ineffective of our 4 options up front but with any of the 3 alongside it'd be very different.

Users who are viewing this thread