Seldom mentioned legends... (3 Viewers)

Hobo

Trevor Peake was a legend but is regarded as such at the club. Ones that don't get mentioned that much are Scot Dann, Dean Emmerson and even though crocked by the time he arrived, he was stll awesome....Stuart Robson.

Calista

he was there in my 1st season (1974) but to be fair I was only 5 years so don't remember him that clearly !! A mention should be made of a couple others from that side - Graham Oakey & Dennis Mortimer (before he turned to the dark side)
What this thread does show me is with some of the names being mentioned is how old some of the posters on here are. I was worried I might be the oldest but at 48 i seem to be a bit of a spring chicken compared to some of you :)

Don't worry tisza - there's a guy on here called Ian who was born in 1779, and Tony is 176.

mechaishida

Marcus Hall... you are fucking joking

Why would he be joking? Alright, Marcus couldn't trap the ball for shit, had a bad first touch, but 9/10 he defended his arse off and worked tirelessly to get forward and support the attack.
Looking back, I was always giving him stick at HR, but on reflection these days...my opinion of him has changed. He was better than David Burrows, who, to be fair, was a bag of shit in a Sky Blue shirt.

LastGarrison

Why would he be joking? Alright, Marcus couldn't trap the ball for shit, had a bad first touch, but 9/10 he defended his arse off and worked tirelessly to get forward and support the attack.
Looking back, I was always giving him stick at HR, but on reflection these days...my opinion of him has changed. He was better than David Burrows, who, to be fair, was a bag of shit in a Sky Blue shirt.

I liked Marcus Hall but let's be honest he was no Steve Morgan!!

Ooh Steve Morgan!

Offhegoes

Lee Hurst before the army assault course

Yes! He was brilliant in that 92/93 season. Gould converted him into a central midfielder, and he scored a 30 yarder at Blackburn that season. He had pace, and was hard in the tackle. Would of gone onto great things.

hamil99

Facebook User

Absolutely mate, He didnt do anything amazing but he was a loyal sky blue and worked his arse off, much like Richard Shaw. Not technically the most gifted but gave his all. That he never got his testimonial is a crying shame!

mechaishida

Yes! He was brilliant in that 92/93 season. Gould converted him into a central midfielder, and he scored a 30 yarder at Blackburn that season. He had pace, and was hard in the tackle. Would of gone onto great things.

What a prospect he was, and that screamer at Blackburn is one of my favourite Cov goals.

Has anyone mentioned Chris "spider" Catlin and Roy Barry - 2 class defenders who gave their all for the club.

Grendel

Johnnythespider

Mick Ferguson, probably already mentioned in this thread but a name seldom heard without Wallace. I'm mentioning him not for his partnership with said partner but for coming on loan from brum and keeping us up whilst sending them down, now that was an abuse of the loan system.

Moff

Tony Hately and his son Mark Hately

Cant feel any passion towards Mark Hateley for the continued bad mouthing of the club after he left. He was always someone who hda a very big opinion of himself.
His comments were very similar to Bellamys, and yet Hateley doesnt get anything near the abuse that Bellamy does.

I would rather us have kept Garry Thompson and sold him, when Thompson left.

Users who are viewing this thread