Season tickets (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

“Expected” amazing. If only there was some way for the club to speak to the club and know for sure.

theferret

Having been involved in merchant service applications previously, I know there is no guarantee on this, applications can take a while once they go to underwriting - this will be considered high risk. Hopefully it's next week as they say and they've already had that reassurance.

Unless it's the case we're already on board with the new msp and the delay is IT related and concerns integration with the new payment gateway.

It's certainly not the case that you have to stop using one merchant service before applying for another.

Last edited:

Balli001

894cea2a4b3a60c2cd4cb82afc6cf43d.jpg

How vague is that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not vague at all. The article explains the delay. Guessing woth ticketmaster less involved we have more immediate access to funds from season tickets.

Nobbie_67

Not vague at all. The article explains the delay. Guessing woth ticketmaster less involved we have more immediate access to funds from season tickets.

Fair enough, when it first popped up on Twitter it didn’t link to the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbie_67

Makes you wonder if the 5,000 PL package tickets that were sold will not deliver the upfront revenue we thought it might, if Ticket Master were still the Club's merchant bank and therefore only releasing funds as the matches went by?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Makes you wonder if the 5,000 PL package tickets that were sold will not deliver the upfront revenue we thought it might, if Ticket Master were still the Club's merchant bank and therefore only releasing funds as the matches went by?
That was my thought.

If the club can't take payments because they're changing merchant, how on earth could they take the payments for the PL package? Does this now create the complication that they're going to be getting the money from 5k ST's from one supplier and the rest from someone else under different payment conditions? Sounds like a mess.

Nobbie_67

That was my thought.

If the club can't take payments because they're changing merchant, how on earth could they take the payments for the PL package? Does this now create the complication that they're going to be getting the money from 5k ST's from one supplier and the rest from someone else under different payment conditions? Sounds like a mess.
As TicketMaster already had that money that I assume that must be the case, unless when they cease being their merchant bank they transfer all funds held as part of that process back to the Club?

theferret

That was my thought.

Not sure it matters too much, it will at least mean that monies from season tickets sold from this point will be received up front. I guess this will also apply to match tickets purchased in advance.

Issue for me is that they didn't have this lined up already and just switched over when they were ready. Guess it has taken longer than expected, but nothing to stop club having multiple merchant accounts running simultaneously. We probably have a separate one for the club shop.

Remains to be seen if this impacts on ST sales. I never expected us to top last season's total. With increased prices and reduced sales window, if we can hit 12K that would be a good return.

Grendel

That was my thought.

Why is that complicated?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Much better to be getting all the money up front rather than released every home game.

Which begs the question, why didn't Sisu change the Merchant Bank.

shmmeee

TBF we’ve all said how mental the previous arrangement was. Hopefully it’s another one off. If we keep progressing then no one will care.

KarmicChris

It says in the article
It does? Where?
How many other clubs use the previous method and are absolutely fine with receiving the payments throughout the season I wonder.
Feels like every statement we get has some kind of reference to cash flow for the club. This, the “request” for advertisement the other day, the initial announcement for season tickets with the change of junior payments, the pessimist in me feels like they’re laying the ground work for not splashing the cash in the summer and calling back to these issues as the reason why? Hope not

Nick

Administrator
It does? Where?
How many other clubs use the previous method and are absolutely fine with receiving the payments throughout the season I wonder.
Feels like every statement we get has some kind of reference to cash flow for the club. This, the “request” for advertisement the other day, the initial announcement for season tickets with the change of junior payments, the pessimist in me feels like they’re laying the ground work for not splashing the cash in the summer and calling back to these issues as the reason why? Hope not

So you're moaning that we're changing away from a silly arrangement that was because of covid and uncertainty about games being on?

KarmicChris

So you're moaning that we're changing away from a silly arrangement that was because of covid and uncertainty about games being on?
Not moaning, just curious. I purchased the premier package so it doesn’t affect me. I didn’t know Ticketmaster withheld funds like that throughout the season which is weird. But also feel like a lot of clubs use Ticketmaster so I’m just wondering if that is the case and a lot of clubs are happy and able to work with that model why are we changing?

Nick

Administrator
Not moaning, just curious. I purchased the premier package so it doesn’t affect me. I didn’t know Ticketmaster withheld funds like that throughout the season which is weird. But also feel like a lot of clubs use Ticketmaster so I’m just wondering if that is the case and a lot of clubs are happy and able to work with that model why are we changing?
We are changing so we get all of the money up front...

It's not hard to get.

chiefdave

we will still be selling tickets through ticketmaster, the payments will run through a new merchant. As a supporter you will see no difference

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Aside the finances I'm moving seats from block 21 season coming up because son and grandson can now go again after covid working has ended.Thinking of switching to block 18 when the juniors move to the family area.Someone told me fans tend to stand in there now ala away games and block 14 surely this is not true. Can someone confirm? Old git like me can stand for the 45 minutes it's all this added time kills me that .

Nuskyblue

Aside the finances I'm moving seats from block 21 season coming up because son and grandson can now go again after covid working has ended.Thinking of switching to block 18 when the juniors move to the family area.Someone told me fans tend to stand in there now ala away games and block 14 surely this is not true. Can someone confirm? Old git like me can stand for the 45 minutes it's all this added time kills me that .
The top of 18 stands, probably from about row NN, lower down they tend to sit.

Users who are viewing this thread