Season Tickets!!! (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Did you take any precautions to check things would work properly online? The family zone offering says 2 adults per 2 juniors. That’s probably why you had issues.

With limited availability fans can’t really moan when they miss out rather than blaming the club, Ticketmaster or the weather. Read the T&Cs and ask any questions in advance of the sale so you don’t run into issues.
He only said a network of 6, how do you know how many adults and kids there were?

Who are people meant to ask in advance?

robbiethemole

We have two JSB's, two Dads and two OAP's so within their limits, the lady in the ticket office said she just couldn't understand why it stopped me from buying them yesterday. The issue is, there were no seats left in the FZ today to move into.

Mucca Mad Boys

He only said a network of 6, how do you know how many adults and kids there were?

Who are people meant to ask in advance?

The club? Drop an email, phone them or go to the ticket office.

The website clearly states the price for 2 adults and 2 children. If I was responsible for getting ST for more than 4 people in an in-demand area, I’d find out if it was actually possible in the first place.

I hope everyone gets tickets in the end!

Nick

Administrator
The club? Drop an email, phone them or go to the ticket office.

The website clearly states the price for 2 adults and 2 children. If I was responsible for getting ST for more than 4 people in an in-demand area, I’d find out if it was actually possible in the first place.

I hope everyone gets tickets in the end!

Yes and if you're in a network of people you can buy tickets for others.

All depends if you can get time off work to sit on hold or queue at the ticket office.

My issue is the communication rather than the pricing etc.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

View attachment 30140

I get that folk are frustrated by missing out on FZ but the club can't keep extending it. It was orginally 2 small blocks, about 1000 seats. It's now 4 blocks, about 3000 seats.

It's just not financially sensible to keep expanding it until everyone is happy. It would end up that you could sit pretty much anywhere with a kid for £300.
And they'll be plenty just not going at the non-FZ prices.

If you're going to make such big changes to encourage those with kids to sit in the FZ, don't then set a tiny limit on the size of the FZ so people can't do it. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to fleece fans for the extra amount by making them sit elsewhere and many won't be able to, or unwilling, to pay that much. And even those that do are going to be royally pissed off.

croatskyblue

If you're going to make such big changes to encourage those with kids to sit in the FZ, don't then set a tiny limit on the size of the FZ so people can't do it. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to fleece fans for the extra amount by making them sit elsewhere and many won't be able to, or unwilling, to pay that much. And even those that do are going to be royally pissed off.

what I don’t get is that people are on about loads of people being up in arms and disgusted, but yet sales are going really well so this doesn’t back that up at all?

There have been cockups and poor communication, but overall so far the plan has worked, it’s not as if we can have a whole ground of family zone areas.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes and if you're in a network of people you can buy tickets for others.

All depends if you can get time off work to sit on hold or queue at the ticket office.
I know that’s how it works, but does the club allow the logic on the website of one user buying 2 JSBs and 4 adult tickets in the family zone? I wouldn’t think so.

The club should’ve given a clear date and time of when the sale would begin because a lot of people (including myself) were caught unawares.

Nick

Administrator
I know that’s how it works, but does the club allow the logic on the website of one user buying 2 JSBs and 4 adult tickets in the family zone? I wouldn’t think so.

The club should’ve given a clear date and time of when the sale would begin because a lot of people (including myself) were caught unawares.

Why wouldn't it if it's 2 adults per kid?

edgy

Its not a tiny size. It's now 12% of the whole home capacity. It's been increased x3 in size since it was first thought up.

Folk had a few days to buy in there when they were first announced and another day just recently.

The V12 thing was an issue being available to some and not others.

But you must see that the club can't keep extending an area and reducing prices until everyone is happy.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why wouldn't it if it's 2 adults per kid?

In one transaction, my guess would be that the system was set up to identify the additional adult and child rather than splitting it down. Split over 2 transactions, it would fit the logic i.e. 2 adults, one child.

In the given scenario, the system would probably be wondering why 2 additional adults were trying to purchased.

I don’t know the system or its logic. Without being too pointed, this is the the kind of information you clarify before the sale rather than making assumption and the. getting upset it didn’t work as expected.

Robinshio

its so good to have this - rather than having a row each back in league 2 days
If we can get to 15000 STHs would be great
however I am not sure DK would want to sell too many more at FZ prices

may need a compromise where another zone in the other corner adult would pay full price and then kids pay the discounted price - seems reasonable

Nick

Administrator
In one transaction, my guess would be that the system was set up to identify the additional adult and child rather than splitting it down. Split over 2 transactions, it would fit the logic i.e. 2 adults, one child.

In the given scenario, the system would probably be wondering why 2 additional adults were trying to purchased.

I don’t know the system or its logic. Without being too pointed, this is the the kind of information you clarify before the sale rather than making assumption and the. getting upset it didn’t work as expected.
Which is exactly my point about communication. Some people can't take a day off to go down to the ticket office to sort it or ask.

If it's 2 adults per child then it should work as expected with networks so people can buy seats together. That's the whole idea of the network stuff.

It would take them less than ten minutes to post an article.

robbiethemole

I sent emails to the Club on Monday ( no reply yet), tried phoning (option 1 ) only to be disconnected several times, so drove from South Leicestershire to CBS and stood in a queue for 90 mins. What else could I have done to check I could have tickets?
As I said earlier, the issue isn’t about network size or make-up, I been buying tickets for us for four years and no problems, and the ticket office said it should have been ok to buy them, just the system wouldn’t allow me to.

AOM

Renewed behind the goal, not where I want to be but gonna see if I can move when seats are released.

Think that's where I'll be going too.
Hopefully with more people in that stand this season, the atmosphere will pick up as well

shmmeee

Think that's where I'll be going too.
Hopefully with more people in that stand this season, the atmosphere will pick up as well

I hope so because I wanted to move the other way for the atmosphere, but Dad needs something close to the car park with as few steps as possible. So that would be the best of both worlds.

Reactions: AOM

mmttww

Let's hope the club are smart enough to see that things have been rough for a fair few people and send some communication out soon to help. Feels like the pricing and set up of the areas is probably about right on balance, but that people have too many issues for the process to be left as it is.

duffer

I've no dog in the fight here, given I'm not trying to buy a ST.

However, it's always seemed obvious to me that if you're running a business based on customer goodwill and discretionary spend (which is most businesses), you do everything in your power to keep your customers happy and meet their needs.

Not for the first time, it sounds like the club aren't quite doing that here.

Many will tolerate inconvenience given the nature of football supporters, but some can't or won't, and that's not good for the bottom line. I hope they're listening to the concerns people are raising here, they sound legitimate to me.

Grendel

I've no dog in the fight here, given I'm not trying to buy a ST.

However, it's always seemed obvious to me that if you're running a business based on customer goodwill and discretionary spend (which is most businesses), you do everything in your power to keep your customers happy and meet their needs.

Not for the first time, it sounds like the club aren't quite doing that here.

Many will tolerate inconvenience given the nature of football supporters, but some can't or won't, and that's not good for the bottom line. I hope they're listening to the concerns people are raising here, they sound legitimate to me.

They’ve sold 5,000 in two days and 5,000 before this latest release. That suggests a pretty happy customer base

AOM

I would imagine now that the FZ is full that sales have ground to a halt.

Yep, same. I'm personally either waiting for any official announcement of the family zone being sold out now or will just have a look where else I can go next month once all seats are available

shmmeee

Who would buy now really? If you’re not in the FZ or renewing then you’re best off waiting for seats to be released. They’re just going to have a month of slow sales until then I reckon.

ccfc_Tom

Has anyone done the finance option for a discounted ticket, eg. Student/Senior etc?

When it shows the breakdown on the first page it says the ticket is £500 (before further details of extra fees.

Do you have to pay £500 if doing the finance?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Its not a tiny size. It's now 12% of the whole home capacity. It's been increased x3 in size since it was first thought up.

Folk had a few days to buy in there when they were first announced and another day just recently.

But you must see that the club can't keep extending an area and reducing prices until everyone is happy.
Maybe not, but it does mean there will be people that won't now be buying tickets if they take their kids because the cost is too high elsewhere in the stadium. FZ sold quickly, so we'll now have to see if that continues.

There are aspects of the plan I don't agree with, such as allowing additional adults for a cheaper price, but if the club are going to put in place a policy whereby they're trying to force those with kids to sit in the FZ due to large price differences then if you limit the ability for people to do that don't be surprised if people get upset an you miss out on sales because of it.

I suspect this will be the end of the Doug King love-in, as first of all he made the prices ridiculous so backtracked on that, probably on the agreement that the FZ would be limited in size. It's a clear attempt to fleece supporters of as much cash as possible.

Greggs

Just got back from Hobbycraft. They don't sell the plastic used for the season tickets and even if they did I think my printer would struggle coping with it. Any advice?

NortonSkyBlue

Maybe not, but it does mean there will be people that won't now be buying tickets if they take their kids because the cost is too high elsewhere in the stadium. FZ sold quickly, so we'll now have to see if that continues.

There are aspects of the plan I don't agree with, such as allowing additional adults for a cheaper price, but if the club are going to put in place a policy whereby they're trying to force those with kids to sit in the FZ due to large price differences then if you limit the ability for people to do that don't be surprised if people get upset an you miss out on sales because of it.

I suspect this will be the end of the Doug King love-in, as first of all he made the prices ridiculous so backtracked on that, probably on the agreement that the FZ would be limited in size. It's a clear attempt to fleece supporters of as much cash as possible.
Fleece? Or make the business sustainable?

rob9872

We've got ours in there, but they weren't initially available when advertised, only the £500 premium seats.

slowpoke

I’ve read a lot of the above and sympathise with some of the rigmarole in getting STs sorted etc but are we missing something 4000 have been sold in a day, that makes 9000 in all when coupled with the last offer. Of course a lot of them will be existing ST holders or are they ? The main ST sales haven’t started yet.
In my little Close of 24 houses, there’s a grandad and his grandson, a dad and his lad, another neighbours two sons buying with their two sons and my next door neighbours son-in-law, a French chap buying for himself and two lads.
So in my little 24 house close alone there are ELEVEN new season ticket holders I know.
I believe last years 13000+ plus will be blown out the water. The ccfc boom is happening and it’s mirroring the JH days. takeaway last year when a number of the 13000 were for kids very cheap the most STs we had was about 12500 in 1968/69, we didn’t get that after our Cup win going to be interesting to follow how many buy, could it be 20k+ wouldn’t bet against it.

Nick

Administrator
I’ve read a lot of the above and sympathise with some of the rigmarole in getting STs sorted etc but are we missing something 4000 have been sold in a day, that makes 9000 in all when coupled with the last offer. Of course a lot of them will be existing ST holders or are they ? The main ST sales haven’t started yet.
In my little Close of 24 houses, there’s a grandad and his grandson, a dad and his lad, another neighbours two sons buying with their two sons and my next door neighbours son-in-law, a French chap buying for himself and two lads.
So in my little 24 house close alone there are ELEVEN new season ticket holders I know.
I believe last years 13000+ plus will be blown out the water. The ccfc boom is happening and it’s mirroring the JH days. takeaway last year when a number of the 13000 were for kids very cheap the most STs we had was about 12500 in 1968/69, we didn’t get that after our Cup win going to be interesting to follow how many buy, could it be 20k+ wouldn’t bet against it.

What do you mean the main season ticket sales haven't started yet?

shmmeee

Has anyone done the finance option for a discounted ticket, eg. Student/Senior etc?

When it shows the breakdown on the first page it says the ticket is £500 (before further details of extra fees.

Do you have to pay £500 if doing the finance?

Are you renewing seats? If so you have to change the ticket type at checkout.

I’ve seen the V12 option appear and disappear on different seats at different times. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t allow it because it thinks you’re buying a Prem package (which you can’t use finance for)

ccfc_Tom

Are you renewing seats? If so you have to change the ticket type at checkout.

I’ve seen the V12 option appear and disappear on different seats at different times. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t allow it because it thinks you’re buying a Prem package (which you can’t use finance for)
I did change it in the basket to the concession ticket, then you continue to checkout where the V12 option is, but it then comes up as a £500 ticket. I might be missing something simple.

Users who are viewing this thread