Season Tickets (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Think there's going to be a pickup by the Ricoh somewhere (but probably not at the Ricoh).
Just as well. Wasps would charge people a tenner to park there. Could use the Cov Welsh as they'll be losing out on money from our games or somewhere at Prologis.

Super Graham Withey

Under the circumstances I think if it is 1700 that would probably be more than was anticipated.
It probably is. But 1,700 season tickets sold by the only professional football club based in a city of Coventry's size? A pitiful number and sadly just a reflection of SISU's chronic mismanagement of the club over the last decade.

bradwellskyblues

you could argue 7000 for a city the size of coventry is a pitiful number i know we think we are great support and yes we have put up with a lot but compared to other midland cities ie derby Leicester Nottingham we are well behind in numbers

Evo1883

We sold 6700 season tickets on the back of promotion, Portsmouth sold over double that..
Anybody that thinks our home support even in Coventry is good needs a quick lesson in basic math

Haven't been well supported since the 70s

Greggs

It probably is. But 1,700 season tickets sold by the only professional football club based in a city of Coventry's size? A pitiful number and sadly just a reflection of SISU's chronic mismanagement of the club over the last decade.

Most exciting squad for years, Robins getting backed like never before, churning out players and actually improving and making profit on them, i could go on......

Grendel

On the trust by any chance?

clint van damme

you could argue 7000 for a city the size of coventry is a pitiful number i know we think we are great support and yes we have put up with a lot but compared to other midland cities ie derby Leicester Nottingham we are well behind in numbers

And no matter what their owners had been up to or how incompetent they were, no way those cities would roll out the red carpet for an out of town rugby franchise.

Super Graham Withey

On the trust by any chance?
No, just a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember bar the Sixfields season and next season. The numbers are what they are and tell their own story. And I don’t get all the anger on here aimed at the Trust, they seem well meaning enough to me. Enjoy next season, I wish I could go but like the majority in this city I refuse to bow to the emotional blackmail of SISU. I hope one day SISU prove me wrong, win their court case and build a new ground. Until them though, I’m out.

clint van damme

No, just a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember bar the Sixfields season and next season. The numbers are what they are and tell their own story. And I don’t get all the anger on here aimed at the Trust, they seem well meaning enough to me. Enjoy next season, I wish I could go but like the majority in this city I refuse to bow to the emotional blackmail of SISU. I hope one day SISU prove me wrong, win their court case and build a new ground. Until them though, I’m out.

Explain how this is blackmail by sisu?
Totally different situation to Sixfields.

SkyblueBri

Compared to those clubs we’ve been rubbish since the 60’s just 1 fa cup win and now a 4th division playoff win. Where would our support be if we could have continued the JH era with league championship wins etc. I’ve supported since 60’s and always will but we need a decade of success to rebuild our support base.

Greggs

Just got ours. That new block that opened is known as 'club class'......£690 for Blues fans.....£260 for me! Roll on start of the season!

bradwellskyblues

yes you make a good point but we were in the premier lge before most of these sides and still failed to fill HR to me the big opportunity was the move to the Ricoh but are hands were always tied by the past mistakes if CCC had helped as say Manchester did with the edihad it could of attracted really exciting investment like Leicester but we got no help and thats why we ended up with sisu

Johnnythespider

I'm interested in what you would have sisu do, in our current circumstances ?

SkyblueBri

yes you make a good point but we were in the premier lge before most of these sides and still failed to fill HR to me the big opportunity was the move to the Ricoh but are hands were always tied by the past mistakes if CCC had helped as say Manchester did with the edihad it could of attracted really exciting investment like Leicester but we got no help and thats why we ended up with sisu
CCC have never been interested in developing the clubs potential I agree but rubbish owners haven’t helped. Our best chance of progression was in the Scott Dann Danny Fox era, but then Sisu lost their nerve!

ajsccfc

I doubt think the majority in the city stay away out of defiance, it's always been apathy regardless of where we are.

theferret

The numbers do tell a story. They say that in a time of crisis, many people have decided to turn their back on the club and are unwilling to fight for it, dressing up their 'I'm out' approach as some sort of protest, when in fact it's just apathy or suggestive of an agenda they won't admit to. They tell me that many people are unable to differentiate between the club and the owners, that they fail (or refuse) to see that there is a campaign to wilfully damage the football club to get at the owners, to the ultimate benefit of nobody. Back the club or back away; those are the only options I can see. The latter is your choice, but it baffles me.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I doubt think the majority in the city stay away out of defiance, it's always been apathy regardless of where we are.

There’s never been any evidence of a significant protest staying away other than Sixfields.

kg82

Tell me how it’s their fault we’re out the city this time. Also, and think about this carefully, use your own words and not something someone has told you and you thought sounded good.

robbiekeane

Tell me how it’s their fault we’re out the city this time. Also, and think about this carefully, use your own words and not something someone has told you and you thought sounded good.
Im going to go one further than that mate and ask, with all of the info that’s came to light in the last few months...how was it their fault last time?

At the time I was calling for SISU heads like everyone else. In hindsight though, I am glad they broke the lease. Annual rent of around 30% of what they sold the whole god damn stadium leasehold to London Wasps for. Makes me sick.

stevefloyd

Pete, mascots don't have to be season ticket holders - just jsb members. That was also the case last season.
It is an excellent day, (even in the wrong stadium I think it will be brill) - so club were also trying hard last year (and before too)!
Mark Hornby is another star at the club - apart from mascots, he also can sort out tannoy announcements about birthdays / first time visitors.
Pete - sign your kid (s) up for it for next season, you won't regret it!
Speaking of tannoy announcements maybe we can hear and understand what they are saying ...well unless they have some Brummie doing it

Sick Boy

CCC have never been interested in developing the clubs potential I agree but rubbish owners haven’t helped. Our best chance of progression was in the Scott Dann Danny Fox era, but then Sisu lost their nerve!

They didn't, the useless Ranson employed the even worse Coleman.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Just got ours. That new block that opened is known as 'club class'......£690 for Blues fans.....£260 for me! Roll on start of the season!
Like the sound of that. What is the stand called?

CanadianCCFC

Wait a second... which side of the ground are tickets being sold in? And which side of the ground is the iFollow camera? I’d better not be staring at empty stands all season...

bawtryneal

Go and support the Villa or Leicester if that's what you think !
Say something positive or go away.

Sky Blue Pete

No, Neal, it's fine for people to have a differing opinion. I sincerely hope that if he's a City fan he remains a City fan throughout this mess.

If and when we do, we need all the City fans we can get.
You’re such a good guy Otis

Users who are viewing this thread