Season tickets same as 2012/13 prices (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

From a club perspective Sixfields attendees were loyal. End of discussion really.

Genuine questions Grendel.

Do you think we would sell more ST at sixfields prices or the 2012/13 prices?

If we all were "loyal" as you call it and we sold out sixfields every week would we back at the Ricoh now?

My answers.

1. Yes bloody obviously

2. Not a cat in hells chance

italiahorse

How many more do you think we'd have sold?

I don't understand why fans are thinking twice about it. #Wewantcovincovbutonlyifitscheap......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Don't know, but certainly more.
I am thinking twice so I assume others are. I will go to most, but maybe not buy a season ticket.
At Sixfields prices I would just buy it.

Grendel

Genuine questions Grendel.

Do you think we would sell more ST at sixfields prices or the 2012/13 prices?

If we all were "loyal" as you call it and we sold out sixfields every week would we back at the Ricoh now?

My answers.

1. Yes bloody obviously

2. Not a cat in hells chance

Well if we offered season tickets at £59 we'd sell out so its hardly a question. Remember the Sixfields reduction was partly to compensate for inconvenience.

If I was running the club I would have offered tickets at £250 for 5 days then whacked it back up

Grendel

Don't know, but certainly more.
I am thinking twice so I assume others are. I will go to most, but maybe not buy a season ticket.
At Sixfields prices I would just buy it.

You are not thinking twice as you go to lots of away games at more cost so stop lying.

italiahorse

Well if we offered season tickets at £59 we'd sell out so its hardly a question. Remember the Sixfields reduction was partly to compensate for inconvenience.

If I was running the club I would have offered tickets at £250 for 5 days then whacked it back up

Agree.

italiahorse

You are not thinking twice as you go to lots of away games at more cost so stop lying.

Don't understand your logic but I'm talking about impulse buying.

I'm talking about getting excited and just flashing my credit card. Now I'm looking at my options.

letsallsingtogether

When we met with Fisher joy and co this was actually brought up we said if back at the Ricoh they should charge the same as shitfields as a good gesture to fans.
They agreed.
Oh well Who cares really at least we are back, and the usual crew can moan all they want about the white concrete Elephant in Holbrooks,

:guitar2:
Would have guaranteed them massive attendances each game at Sixfields prices.

Know it's not the revenue getter, but could have ended up gaining and keeping a whole bunch of new fans when they put prices up *next* season.

Ah well!

letsallsingtogether

Careful or Grendel will flash his Gold one at you:)

I'm talking about getting excited and just flashing my credit card. Now I'm looking at my options.

Grendel

I am saying price for you will not be a determining factor -- you just want to make it look like it is.

cornoccfc

Should have been clever with pricing, can't remember where this happened, but the price was set based on take up of tickets.

More ST holders, cheaper price for all.

hill83

I'm in genuine shock, well I'm not really, that people are moaning about £50. We are home for fuck sake.
Yes maybe they have missed a trick and could have made prices cheaper. But the prices are very good. I'm sorry, but this is all looking like more excuses not to go and it's a shame. I don't think it will have as big an affect as a few have suggested though.

Compare this week to last week and ask yourself if you'd have paid £315 for us to be home then.

AndreasB

Same old bullshit excuses on here for not putting your hand in your pocket. You have had 2 years to save up for this moment and suddenly expect some sort of giveaway.
Presumably the ticket prices reflect the rent deal which we all wanted so live with it or stay an internet only supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speng

I'm in genuine shock, well I'm not really, that people are moaning about £50. We are home for fuck sake.
Yes maybe they have missed a trick and could have made prices cheaper. But the prices are very good. I'm sorry, but this is all looking like more excuses not to go and it's a shame. I don't think it will have as big an affect as a few have suggested though.

Compare this week to last week and ask yourself if you'd have paid £315 for us to be home then.

Totally agree with you mate ,
Some people just want to moan ..
I'm getting mine as soon as they are released ,

hill83

That being said they do need to sort out some sort of monthly payment scheme. I wasn't expecting us back so soon and haven't saved, and £315 is a lot of money. It'll be a huge mistake if they don't.

Kingokings204

Totally agree with you mate ,
Some people just want to moan ..
I'm getting mine as soon as they are released ,

I really don't think people are moaning about it. I don't want to come across as moaning. (Sorry if I do) Heck I'm buying 2 ST like you as soon as they come out and I can't wait. Best news ever.

I just think they missed a trick with prices and getting a few people back who have been lost who could be tempted back and re catch the bug. That's all and hill83 has even said this as well.

The prices are very good compared to other clubs and Robo posted a great post showing differences. It wasn't about the price for me it was trying to sell as many ST as possible to show we are still here and price some people back in who have moved on and then who know could sell more next season as a result and people are back.

I really hope I don't come across as moaning and I'm sure others aren't. We all want to pack the Ricoh and sell as much as possible. For example against gillingham £15 would of been a good price but making it £10 I genuinely think it will be a sell out now. That's what I want to see and the offer is a great one.

2 things will bring back people who have moved in and found other things to do and that's winning football and price.

Speng

They defiantly should do a payment scheme over the season .. This is fair due to the short notice ,
Going to work for 4 hours then going to my first game this season , come on city .......

SkyBlue_Am

I had budgeted for 240-280 so the £315 makes me regret those extra few pints i'v had this week maybe take it out my MK Don budget...Still happy will be making the Ricoh walk on the 5th...

shmmeee

Um... I know the new thing is to bash all those "other" City fans for being so crap and all, but has anyone other than Italia said that price will put them off, as opposed to saying they wished it were cheaper as a gesture?

Can we stop the fan bashing by any chance? We're home, let's stop looking for reasons to put other fans down, eh?

J

Jack Griffin

Football is a commercial product, the reason for low sales last season was that the product was unsatisfactory, not in a football sense but largely because of the extremely poor location.

At the end of the day, the club will set prices to bring in the largest revenue, if they take a long term view then they won't hike them too much if at all this season and become vulnerable to accusations of trying to take advantage to the change from the situation they engineered in the first place!

ccfc_Tom

Are season tickets gonna be on sale before the gillingham game tickets? Don't want to have to buy gillingham ticket as well as season ticket

ajsccfc

I think so. The season ticket pricing image mentioned the prices as being 'before 6/9/14' so it suggests they'll be available some time in the next week. No idea what happens after the 9th, can't see them putting the price up.

Rusty Trombone

I think so. The season ticket pricing image mentioned the prices as being 'before 6/9/14' so it suggests they'll be available some time in the next week. No idea what happens after the 9th, can't see them putting the price up.

The price should come down as there's one game less.

In 12/13 my ticket was £345 for 23 games, it's now £357 for 21 games, not sure how that is the same price. Obviously I'm free to sit elsewhere, and they are free to charge as they see fit, but I'd rather they didn't dress the price up as something that it isn't.

ajsccfc

Cheers, I didn't know they did. The frugal option would be to get a match ticket for Gillingham for £10 and then a season ticket for the rest of the season at £15 each, and then that fiver can go on Haribo. Quids in!

Rusty Trombone

Cheers, I didn't know they did. The frugal option would be to get a match ticket for Gillingham for £10 and then a season ticket for the rest of the season at £15 each, and then that fiver can go on Haribo. Quids in!

The risk being that the seat you want may have been sold.

fernandopartridge

In fairness there are usually around 20000 empty seats to choose from. Your allocated seat is an irrelevance imo.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

ajsccfc

I would like to get my old spot back ideally, I've been working an ass groove in that seat for a good few years and I hate leaving a job unfinished.

Rusty Trombone

In fairness there are usually around 20000 empty seats to choose from. Your allocated seat is an irrelevance imo.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

Not if you want to sit in a popular area, or you have friends that you want to sit with. If you're not bothered about a particular seat then I wouldn't buy a season ticket, there's always offers on for games throughout the season.

italiahorse

Um... I know the new thing is to bash all those "other" City fans for being so crap and all, but has anyone other than Italia said that price will put them off, as opposed to saying they wished it were cheaper as a gesture?

Can we stop the fan bashing by any chance? We're home, let's stop looking for reasons to put other fans down, eh?

I've never said the price will put me off. I will be going to as many matches as I can. I'm more than likely missing the first match for starters because I'm booked at Busfest
I'm saying that I might not get a season ticket and just pay for the games I attend. This will be particularly relevant if I can't get my seats in Block 20 next to my football friends.
Hence I'm looking at my options.

Nobody has said the price isn't good, well my first post on this thread I did. But this is sisu/the club cutting the price of tickets for this season, so god knows how much they'll be next season. Personally I think they should have been the same price as at the start of the season. They haven't got anything to lose have they? But as yet have they introduced monthly payment options or given any season ticket holders the chance for their seat back? No, they are charging people full price from 2 years ago and you have to pay that in 1 go. While at the same time telling people the first game back is going to be £10. The club should really have tried harder and use common sense to get as many st holders as possible.

Fans have been asking and all they've told us is that its £315 going on sale one day this week and monthly payment option won't be available. And that they are talking PSL holders only.

Users who are viewing this thread