Season tickets details (3 Viewers)

Balli001

what is this season squad then?
So yo lu would rather have a weaker squad than we potentially could get just so you pay a bit less for your ticket? OK glad you cleared that up.

GIMOC

So yo lu would rather have a weaker squad than we potentially could get just so you pay a bit less for your ticket? OK glad you cleared that up.
My point went straight over your head I see.

we have a competitive squad this season based on cheap season tickets. next season we could well have more money but yet finish mid table. the chemistry between fans and players and atmosphere is great at the min. Why change that?
How the saying go. things should only be changed if they are wrong

clint van damme

I think the pricing should have allowed people in the corner to remain there with their kids rather than force them all into the north stand.
I'd be prepared to pay a bit more of an uplift than I'm going to pay to facilitate that, I can only speak for myself.

Balli001

My point went straight over your head I see.

we have a competitive squad this season based on cheap season tickets. next season we could well have more money but yet finish mid table. the chemistry between fans and players and atmosphere is great at the min. Why change that?
How the saying go. things should only be changed if they are wrong
My point clearly went over yours. You seem to be happy with the existing squad and budget. Clearly no ambition of improving the squad and becoming even better just so your wallet remains a bit fatter. Personally I want a successful team over atmosphere. I dont buy a ticket to listen to some songs.

Balli001

I think the pricing should have allowed people in the corner to remain there with their kids rather than force them all into the north stand.
I'd be prepared to pay a bit more of an uplift than I'm going to pay to facilitate that, I can only speak for myself.
I agree people shouldn't have to move seats and the young persons rate is flawed however in general I think they have got the pricing right

Mucca Mad Boys

£300 for a 16-18 year old is quite expensive. That must be more than £100 more than last season?

It’s an investment for your 16-18 year old. If everything goes to Doug King’s plan, we’ll be in the Prem when your kids are paying for full ticket prices.

Couldn’t you pay for a Prem package for yourself and then buy your concessions standard season tickets?

The Philosopher

View attachment 29348

Sheffield Wednesday released today.

An adult and a 12 year old kid in the Kop £710
For a club that may well be L1, with a Prem Club in the same city.

As I’ve said before, our pricing might not be too far out (couple of tweaks down for existing s/t holders would have been good PR, 61 year old renewing some kind of discount etc) but the message to accompany / justify the increase hasn’t been delivered well.

There’s still time.

I genuinely expect a further comment / bit of justification / explanation in a press release this am.

GIMOC

My point clearly went over yours. You seem to be happy with the existing squad and budget. Clearly no ambition of improving the squad and becoming even better just so your wallet remains a bit fatter. Personally I want a successful team over atmosphere. I dont buy a ticket to listen to some songs.

you need a lie down I think. too early in the morning for you.

what is the squad this season? is it competitive? Yes or no?

does money guarantee success no?

Have the fans played a massive part in making the cbs a fortress? Yes

So why change something when it doesn’t need changing.

i don’t mind paying slightly more for mine and say £75 for my kids but I refuse to pay £200+

Sick Boy

Ridiculous. And anyone who buys PL package is a mug. Put the extra £100 on a bet for promotion. We're still 4/1 now with only a few teams in it to get your £500 back. At the start of the season we'll be 9 or 10/1
It’s a good idea because people will fall for it and make the club money.

Balli001

you need a lie down I think. too early in the morning for you.

what is the squad this season? is it competitive? Yes or no?

does money guarantee success no?

Have the fans played a massive part in making the cbs a fortress? Yes

So why change something when it doesn’t need changing.

i don’t mind paying slightly more for mine and say £75 for my kids but I refuse to pay £200+
Does singing a few songs guarantee success and get us better players though? I dont deny it is a good atmosphere but that doesn't generate money. You say you are happy to pay more yet suggest the prices should be lower that they have been advertised at! Think it's yourself who needs a little nap

SBT

How much more money do you think these new ticket prices will bring in this season?

Gynnsthetonic

It works out at £8.60 per game for under 14s to sit in singers corner and £13 for under 18s, We are not a league 1 or 2 club anymore and these prices reflect that. The club needs to make more money from kids

GIMOC

Does singing a few songs guarantee success and get us better players though? I dont deny it is a good atmosphere but that doesn't generate money. You say you are happy to pay more yet suggest the prices should be lower that they have been advertised at! Think it's yourself who needs a little nap
It goes hand in hand. A flat atmosphere rubs off on the players. give me a better atmosphere over a player that cost 500k any day of the week.

as I said, I was expecting a price hike but when I have to pay an extra £500 compared to last year it’s taking the piss

Evo1883

Doug could be onto a shoeing here , if fans pay up and he doesn't invest in the squad adequately then fans will think he's a c**t .. so you'd imagine we will be good next season if we stay in this league 😆

CCFCSteve

I’ll reserve judgment until I see what business we do in the summer. The actual prices alone don’t appear too bad but the increases for some definitely are

As a few have said, a couple of tweaks would’ve helped. If you’re renewing with kid in non JSB area maybe flat rate of 150 early bird for kid or similar if both move behind goal in north stand.

theferret

More than they currently do. The Premier tickets alone could generate a lot

How can you know that? If loads move into the family zone they'll be paying less than last year.

Many in the standard zone just won't renew, young adults and the over 60s particularly impacted.

Many kids won't go as a lot of STs bought for kids who go occasionally won't be renewed as adults won't want to move.

Premium zone has been tried many times and they always scrap it. You get a situation where blocks 19 and 21 are half empty and 18 and 22 are full. Always used to look weird.

Great_Expectations

Lot of frustration over hypotheticals here. Let’s wait and see if the atmosphere is better or worse; let’s wait and see if ST sales increase or not; let’s wait and see the impact it has on transfers.

I get there’s some sections which have been genuinely impacted, but while not ideal options there are solutions for some. We do need more comms from the club though re opening of behind the goal for non-family stands as that could delay some purchasing.

Whether you are aggrieved or non-plussed, there will have been a lot of thought and background gone into this. That’s what we wanted didn’t we; to be more professionally ran.

pusbccfc

I may be wrong, but I think Man City have access to some revenue streams that we don't, meaning they could sell adult tickets for £50 and still turn a tidy profit.

But they don't?

SBT

If the 5000 tickets sell at 500 that's 2.4 alone
If they all sell out it’s an extra £775,000 in revenue from what the same fans would have paid this season. So maybe enough for one year of Jamie Paterson?

Evo1883

Remember it's a fixed price too. So if you're an adult, £20 more this season to hedge against 10% inflation matching increase next season isn't so bad.
And I assume prices will come doesn't when inflation eventually does ? No you know once these prices rise and are accepted its over and its only going 1 way

Reactions: SBT

Sky Blue Pete

Doug could be onto a shoeing here , if fans pay up and he doesn't invest in the squad adequately then fans will think he's a c**t .. so you'd imagine we will be good next season if we stay in this league 😆
He absolutely has people reading social media

Users who are viewing this thread