Season tickets details (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The thing people aren't seeing are that a 14 year old JSB and his dad can go for £300. Last season that would have been £440.

It's much cheaper now to take kids to the games, just have to sit in the kids bit. If not, it's about £8 a game for them.

shmmeee

If the price rises lead to a negligible increase in revenue, but a noticeable decline in atmosphere, are they a success? For me it’s a no.

There’s an argument you’ve moved a load of people up a price tier, but yeah that’s a problem. Question is is the rest of the match day product good enough to produce an atmosphere with all the kids on the other side of the ground.

Blind-Faith

The absolute vast majority will be paying slightly more though and there's possible thousands paying LESS.

Didn't Doug say we have 3000 JSB season tickets?

If you guess that we had 8000 adult season tickets, all but 3 blocks are paying £345 (early bird) or £399 (standard).

With the £399 standard price next season, I'd imagine possibly 3000-4000 fans are paying just £1 more and another 4000 are paying £55 more.

The thing people aren't seeing are that a 14 year old JSB and his dad can go for £300. Last season that would have been £440.

But they will have to sit in the worst part of the ground?

pusbccfc

It's much cheaper now to take kids to the games, just have to sit in the kids bit. If not, it's about £8 a game for them.

£300 for a dad and a lad which includes JSB membership must be one of the best deals in the country.

People are angry for individual reasons but I haven't seen anyone praise the JSB prices.

It's incredible value

theferret

They weren't free, that's the point I am making. I don't think they were £200 though, more like £30 for under 13 or something if they were a JSB. (may have changed when the zones have come in and out)
Screenshot_20230503-212148.png
This was 7 seasons ago and as far back as online account goes. As I have been saying, kids could go in block 16 and get a free st with £25 membership fee. Was not the case you had to go in jsb zone.

GIMOC

The absolute vast majority will be paying slightly more though and there's possible thousands paying LESS.

Didn't Doug say we have 3000 JSB season tickets?

If you guess that we had 8000 adult season tickets, all but 3 blocks are paying £345 (early bird) or £399 (standard).

With the £399 standard price next season, I'd imagine possibly 3000-4000 fans are paying just £1 more and another 4000 are paying £55 more.

you still get it do you? There’s probably 1000+ fans who are impacted massively by this. If the club want to stamp out people using kids tickets then they should police the turnstile better (I.e actually use the turnstile lights) instead they are forcing 1000 fans if not more into a family corner away from where they’ve enjoyed football all season. That’s the issue here

Greggs

signedd a 10 year agreement with Carlsberg for beer rights too apparently. mmmm so tasty

SheafIsGod

The more I look into the pricing and zones etc the more I'm baffled by everything. It is so unbelievably stupid from the club. I'd love to know who is making these decisions.

Greggs

Some will.

Many will stay the same.

Me and a group of 6 mates who go are paying about the same. 4 of them paid £399 in August last year.

2 of us paid £345.
you aint got no mates

GIMOC

Guessing that's how they will cut down on adults using the free kid's tickets. If there's a group of blokes sat in a block with no kids it's much easier to spot.

that’s what stewards or turnstile staff should be checking using the light system as people walk in. It’s not hard to police, instead they’ve gone down a route of impacting fans with kids for no reason

SBT

The Premier League Package is…..inventive at least, I’ll give them that. I can’t see there being much pickup on it beyond this season, unless of course the plan is to hike prices every season for the next five years. Was the name Operation Premiership already taken though?

£400 for my seat next year is still good value and I’ll likely renew, although clearly the days of ST holders showing up in big numbers and organically building a good atmosphere at the CBS may well be behind us. Some people will insist we had no choice but to abandon that pricing strategy - personally I felt it was a good thing for the club and enjoyed it while it lasted.

slowpoke

you still get it do you? There’s probably 1000+ fans who are impacted massively by this. If the club want to stamp out people using kids tickets then they should police the turnstile better (I.e actually use the turnstile lights) instead they are forcing 1000 fans if not more into a family corner away from where they’ve enjoyed football all season. That’s the issue here
They will police it better it’s hardly been policed at all for ages. Fans have got to get things into their heads, this is a new and proper way of running our football club and yes prices will rise but that was inevitable as for moving seats I don’t think kids will give a toss so long as they can see their hero’s.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
View attachment 29343
This was 7 seasons ago and as far back as online account goes. As I have been saying, kids could go in block 16 and get a free st with £25 membership fee. Was not the case you had to go on jsb zone.

I think the one before that it was. Fleck / Joe Cole / Armstrong season. Makes sense as she won Fleck's boots at her first xmas party.

Junior Sky Blues (JSBs) under the age of 12 are still eligible for a free Season Ticket in the family zone, while JSBs between 12 and 16 have seen their Season Tickets in the family zone reduced to £23, which is just £1 per game.*

For juniors who don’t wish to join the JSBs, the cost of a Season Ticket in the family zone, which will now be situated in blocks 23 and 24 in the East Stand, will still only be £60.

There is no premium zone next season but prices for youngsters in the standard zone have also been cut.

For JSB under-12s, a Season Ticket in that area is just £23 (£1 per game), for JSBs over-12 it’s £46 (£2 per game) and for juniors who don’t become JSBs the cost is £80.

SBT

I only wish that Joy was sufficiently drunk on power and fan adulation in the first few months of the SISU era to make a Twitter video like King’s one tonight, the meme potential down the line is out of this world.

Reactions: AOM

pusbccfc

I must not get it. Fair enough.

But, from my view the club look at it as an option. If you aren't happy with the price, move to behind the goal.

Unfortunately, we're customers they aren't arsed if we like a sing song and a swear at the away fans.

A dad with a 16 and a 14 year old kid last season paid £520 on season tickets and £25 each for their JSB.

Next season, it will cost the same dad £400 all in.

That's a saving of £170 if people wanted to move to a seat behind the goal.

Nick

Administrator
I only wish that Joy was sufficiently drunk on power and fan adulation in the first few months of the SISU era to make a Twitter video like King’s one tonight, the meme potential down the line is out of this world.

I agree, it's cringeworthy.

Players or Robins, yes. King, no.

Johnnythespider

The area will be big as the demand requires though?

It was literally like it a few years back where JSB tickets had to be in certain blocks.
Then why make people move ? If they are just going to expand the area it would make no financial difference to let them buy in their regular seats

CovInEssex

Bunch of moaning fuckers and adults pretending to be pissed off because they have to pay for little timmy. More like you want to abuse the jsb season tickets to make it cheaper you tight bastards.

djr8369

that’s what stewards or turnstile staff should be checking using the light system as people walk in. It’s not hard to police, instead they’ve gone down a route of impacting fans with kids for no reason
It is hard to police in that extra stewards would negate the money saved on fraudulent kids tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread