Season tickets details (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Wow really talk me through not going to the football because you don’t want to sit in a different seat and how that fits with supporting the club?
No judgement I just don’t get it

Nice words from our forum 'supporter liason' or whatever you claim to be

Had a lot of time for you Pete but considering you're meant to represent the views of people on this forum to the club, and theres a lot of people with kids on here venting their opinion and frustration, your stance of 'just move then' really isnt good is it?

pusbccfc

But it's STILL 200 cheaper .. our pricing for kids outside the family zone is absolutely shocking

How is it £200 cheaper if an under 18 is £186 at Middlesbrough?

Nick

Administrator
Yea nice one Nick stop trying to be funny it doesn't suit you

I give the tickets to friends and family when its a schoolnight and they cant attend, is that alright with you?

I'm not trying to be funny, I could have guessed you would say that.

Well yeah it's fine, just don't moan about prices in that area going up when you have been getting adults in on U14 tickets. It's probably part of the reason they have done it.

skyblu3sk

Always going to be winners and losers with any changes like this but overall it looks like great value I grew up in an era with the JSB stand at Highfield Road. My old man didn't go so I went with a mate and his dad I couldn't get seats next to them so sat on my own. Did I give a shit, no, just wanted to be there and breathe it all in. The club needs more revenue and needs to restructure the way it sells tickets to get more revenue. I think people forget the amazing value Football is. I was looking at the F1 this year for the weekend £499. Want to have a seat... Adult price £539 want to take an under 16... £539.

Saddlebrains

I'm not trying to be funny, I could have guessed you would say that.

Well yeah it's fine, just don't moan about prices in that area going up when you have been getting adults in on U14 tickets.

2 games a season when i cant make it

You're talking utter bollocks if you claim you've never done it in all your years as an ST holder

Also means that all kids should be given a 400% price increase aswell shouldnt it

shmmeee

Inflation will never be negative though unless we got proper economic apocalypse

This seems intentionally missed out by a lot of reporting and leads to silly takes about spreading pay rises or asking for it “once inflation has come down”.

This is the cost of living now to a large extent. Wages will either have to catch up or people will be poorer. I’m not sure people grasp that.

pusbccfc

I have 2 kids , 1 u 12 and 1 u18 .. for me at boro its FAR cheaper early bird pricing in almost every part of the ground , go and look

An adult and 2 kids at Boro is £832 in their noisy section. It would cost around £1000 in other areas.

shmmeee

I'm not saying I agree but there's definitely an argument there.

Are kids allowed in pubs past a certain time?

If it allows more relaxing policing I’d be for banning U14s (14 is usually the age in live entertainment). I think there’s an argument for an adult area of the ground.

Nick

Administrator
2 games a season when i cant make it

You're talking utter bollocks if you claim you've never done it in all your years as an ST holder

Also means that all kids should be given a 400% price increase aswell shouldnt it

If the price was an issue, I'd just sit in the cheaper areas. Same reason I don't sit in corporate.

I have given my ticket to others when I can't make it, yeah. I used to get adult freebies sometimes from somebody else years and years ago.

GIMOC

My only question is does the presence of children bring safeguarding responsibilities that wouldn’t otherwise exist?
Safe guarding? It’s a football match. I used to go up the games as a 13 year old with my school mates. that’s what I got hooked. Going the game with my mates. i really hope you are on a wind up.

shmmeee

Safe guarding? It’s a football match. I used to go up the games as a 13 year old with my school mates. that’s what I got hooked. Going the game with my mates. i really hope you are on a wind up.

Just asking. If it means things like standing and swearing are policed more strictly I could see the argument. I also think it might be a bit of a bulwark against the familyfication (new word) of the game. I love live football in a large part for the edge of the crowd, I wouldn’t want to see that entirely replace by sanitised family entertainment so just spitballing whether it’s something that would help. Believe me I’ve got a long list of types of fan I’d ban ahead of kids 😂

I also think that as a kid having a right of passage to the adult area would be quite exciting.

Sky Blue Pete

Nice words from our forum 'supporter liason' or whatever you claim to be

Had a lot of time for you Pete but considering you're meant to represent the views of people on this forum to the club, and theres a lot of people with kids on here venting their opinion and frustration, your stance of 'just move then' really isnt good is it?
Thank you
That wasn’t what I was saying
I was asking you to explain not going as a fan or are you just blowing off some annoyance anonymously on here?
If the latter then ok but if you’re genuinely thinking or not getting a season ticket as you’ll have to move lm really interested in how that works

shmmeee

I do think the kid pricing outside the family zone is mental to be clear and I’m not sure a load of 15 year olds want to sit with sky blue Sam and the families. I’d like to see them move the price ranges at least for the older kids. Or have a one adult one child ticket or something to reduce the risk of abuse.

Evo1883

Thank you
I was asking you to explain not going as a fan or are you just blowing off some annoyance anonymously on here?
If the latter then ok but if you’re genuinely thinking or not getting a season ticket as you’ll have to move lm really interested in how that works
Relationships forged , atmosphere , familiarity .. it's all part of the matchday experience ..

Sky Blue Pete

Times have changed there is a safeguardinh team at each game and u18’s on their own are on their radar not to stop them having fun but drink drugs etc

Sky Blue Pete

Relationships forged , atmosphere , familiarity .. it's all part of the matchday experience ..
And can be again and yes I understand and a agree with all that up to the point I can’t afford to go and then I make the financial choice

I wonder what youth spend on a weekend out. £200??

as I say frustration and annoyance understandable - not going not so much

jordan210

I take it with the JSB tickets . Like allways a small minority of people using kids tickets when adults as resualted in screwing everyone else with kids over

Evo1883

And can be again and yes I understand and a agree with all that up to the point I can’t afford to go and then I make the financial choice

I wonder what youth spend on a weekend out. £200??

as I say frustration and annoyance understandable - not going not so much
But I don't want to Pete.. why should I? Been there since I can remember , its all my kids know too at the stadium

Pete no matter how much you Try and back the club here , 500 for a 14 year old and an 11 year old , up 350 on last season to stay in the same seats is fucking awful

shmmeee

Thank you

I think the main issue Pete is the forcing of seat moves either through block closures or price increases. Getting everyone U16 into a small area in one corner (which is effectively what this plan is) has a lot of very questionable side effects raised in this thread.

As an aside, I think the way they’ve handled the releases has been awful. I get timing is out of their hands to an extent, but I’m sat here wanting to hand the club £500 for a ST in the Premium Zone but I’m not buying because none of the decent seats have been released (my dad needs an aisle seat near the vomitory). As I understand it by the time ST seats are released the PL package won’t be on sale. So I won’t buy it, costing the club £20 in the process. They should have just bitten the bullet and reset all the seats IMO. They would have got flack but it would have meant more instant purchases at a time when it’s still possible you get a free ticket next year.

Nick

Administrator

I don't get this. Surely a wheelchair has to go in the specific areas and come with a free carer's ticket?

Is he just shit stirring (Phil Upton, I mean)

Users who are viewing this thread