Season tickets details (7 Viewers)

theferret

Unless we sell 4000+ JSB/£250 tickets.
I doubt they will. They'll a few but most buying there will have to move from east stand for affordability leaving lots of gaps in the east stand, so no need to open North stand centre blocks. Going to look very odd and very 2016.

Quick survey of 12 season ticket holders I know, 7 renewing 5 not. Season ticket sales will fall, just hope they get the matchday pricing right.

djr8369

A big mistake to make the family area much cheaper than everywhere else for kids. Sitting in a family area is not what most Dads want to do. They want to sit in their normal seats and take their kids with them for a discounted price. The club have got this wrong.
I would think that varies with the kids age? Under 10 or so a family area makes sense. Teenagers not really.

Evo1883

The problem with charging people that can't earn money a huge amount to attend is you may aswell just make them free with a 1000 pound accompanying adult

pusbccfc

I doubt they will. They'll a few but most buying there will have to move from east stand for affordability leaving lots of gaps in the east stand, so no need to open North stand centre blocks. Going to look very odd and very 2016.

Quick survey of 12 season ticket holders I know, 7 renewing 5 not. Season ticket sales will fall, just hope they get the matchday pricing right.

I think there will be a lot of new fans tempted with the £250 season ticket if they have children.

Kingokings204

Another problem I’ve yet to see mentioned is lots of adults buying season tickets with made up kids for £300 (250+50) which is £100 or £180 cheaper than standard and premium zones. So potentially could be hundreds of seats empty or the family zone just full of adults.

Even any additional adults are only £250 so 3 tickets (2 adults and 1 junior) is £550 so £275 a season ticket saving potentially almost 200 quid.

Sorry, good intentions but the club have got this wrong.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

A big mistake to make the family area much cheaper than everywhere else for kids. Sitting in a family area is not what most Dads want to do. They want to sit in their normal seats and take their kids with them for a discounted price. The club have got this wrong.
But the club see that as a potential issue, both with adults using kids tickets and kids in places like Singer's Corner, so is a behaviour they want to discourage and have done so via pricing. It will prove to be unpopular, and may well be shooting themselves in the foot a bit, but that will be the reason they've done it.

chiefdave

Think they've got it about right tbh. A big price rise was always on the cards, as has been mentioned already on this thread if our tickets had stayed in line with inflation we'd be looking at £650+ by now

Sure we'd all love £200 season tickets but we've got to be realistic. For years we criticised SISU for not running things professionally and working to maximise revenues and now someone has come in and is doing that people still aren't happy. Of course there's risk and it will be a long time before we know if its resulted in a revenue increase or decrease

The fact that people are saying they don't want to move to the family section and want to stay in singers corner sort of proves their point doesn't it? It's an area where demand outstrips supply. Therefore they want to have as many people paying adult price and if not adult price not the ridiculously cheap concession price they had before

Is it perfect, of course not, would I prefer it to be cheaper, obviously, but I don't think its far out of line with what we should be expecting

pusbccfc

I would imagine they will rinse the “premium” season ticket holders if we get promoted. Force out the plebs who have been paying a bit extra in the past so they can be replaced by high paying corporates to take their plastic Manx supporters for a jolly day out.

I would expect similar to now. Lots of options for cheap tickets around the ground but the middle blocks would be paying £600-700 in the PL.

Londonccfcfan

All the club have to change for me is the pricing for concessions fir their last years seats.

£75 increase would have been suffice (well above infkation) for each age group. To stay in your existing seat.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ll be honest I don’t think I can afford to stay in Block Chino on a student budget on those prices. Also baffling why so many blocks in North Stand are closed off.

Quite disappointing that.

Evo1883

Kids pricing should be cheaper in normal areas , the family zone can still be the cheapest option for kids should you choose to go there .. but there no reason to charge me anymore than 200/250 quid for both my kids combined in block 16 whilst 15 blocks down are still 150 cheaper

That would still be a 100% increase on last season..DOUG !!!

theferret

Think they've got it about right tbh. A big price rise was always on the cards, as has been mentioned already on this thread if our tickets had stayed in line with inflation we'd be looking at £650+ by now

Sure we'd all love £200 season tickets but we've got to be realistic. For years we criticised SISU for not running things professionally and working to maximise revenues and now someone has come in and is doing that people still aren't happy. Of course there's risk and it will be a long time before we know if its resulted in a revenue increase or decrease

The fact that people are saying they don't want to move to the family section and want to stay in singers corner sort of proves their point doesn't it? It's an area where demand outstrips supply. Therefore they want to have as many people paying adult price and if not adult price not the ridiculously cheap concession price they had before

Is it perfect, of course not, would I prefer it to be cheaper, obviously, but I don't think its far out of line with what we should be expecting

Don't disagree with much of that, but the £650 comment really depends on what season you pick as the starting point. 2016/17 was £299.

I think £400 is fine. Premium blocks, well that's ok because people can shuffle over a block or two.

Raising the senior citizen concession from 60 to 65 will hurt people, I know 2 not renewing because of that, and the kids price increases have been mentioned by many, they really sting.

Also hate the fact we're closing blocks again, it's tinpot and forces people to buy seats in the corner when they would rather sit behind the goal.

MalcSB

I would expect similar to now. Lots of options for cheap tickets around the ground but the middle blocks would be paying £600-700 in the PL.
If that was the case, why not release the prices now? I may well be a cynic, but my cynicism has often been proved right. For clarity, when I said premium seats I was referring to Legends / Club Coventry seats.

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't disagree with much of that, but the £650 comment really depends on what season you pick as the starting point. 2016/17 was £299.

I think £400 is fine. Premium blocks, well that's ok because people can shuffle over a block or two.

Raising the senior citizen concession from 60 to 65 will hurt people, I know 2 not renewing because of that, and the kids price increases have been mentioned by many, they really sting.

Also hate the fact we're closing blocks again, it's tinpot and forces people to buy seats in the corner when they would rather sit behind the goal.

That last part doesn’t make much sense at all. Why close off blocks for sale when demand should be high?

Sky Blue Harry H

I've been hit by the change in age category, although not too bitter about that. However, as an earlier poster said, I can potentially buy a ST plus 2 made up kids for the Family zone cheaper than for a single ticket for me. Unlikely to do that, but it seems an obvious flaw. @Evo1883 Do you have to provide Id for kids to get a ST?

Sizzler

I don’t get why they have shut the north stand off

stupid

So they can expand it as appropriate, they'll turn the North Stand into a large family stand I think, the uptake is going to be huge, what with many moving and any new uptake.

Matt smith

So they can expand it as appropriate, they'll turn the North Stand into a large family stand I think, the uptake is going to be huge, what with many moving and any new uptake.
Yeah but isn’t the north stand going to be matchday sales only

theferret

The uptake will be good, but this area is already more than 3 times the size of the JSB section this season, that'll take some filling. Overall ST sales will probably fall, and even allowing for people moving there (not many people will want to), it is unlikely to expand beyond the 4 blocks already allocated. For night games next season, I predict the two blocks behind the goal will be completely empty.

Matt smith

Because they are waiting to see how far across they need to take the family zone. When they have a clear idea on that they will open the remainder to season ticket sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the way to 25 by the sounds of it

pusbccfc

And if it doesn't they'll probably allow season tickets to be sold there. Would be a bigger problem to put those blocks on sale now then find they need to extend the family zone and have to start moving people

Absolutely.

Doug will explain it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread