Season ticket sales drive from SISU (4 Viewers)

no_loyalty

If they want to attract more people to buy season tickets, Sisu need to persuade TM to sign a 2 yr contract as soon as the season ends

duffer

If they want to attract more people to buy season tickets, Sisu need to persuade TM to sign a 2 yr contract as soon as the season ends

It would be nice if we could sign a moderately exciting player or two, too - though I appreciate this isn't easy in the early close season.

I suppose the upside of having a rather average squad is that there really isn't anyone I'd worry about selling the week after the early bird discount closes, as we normally do. Ah, being a Cov fan makes one cynical, eh. ;)

Speedies_Chips

I've noticed a few people saying that we are now breaking even. Where has this come from? Is it the wise words from our illustrious owners or is it some general perception that has come from somewhere.

I ask because looking at our attendances and the size of the squad we have plus overheads etc.. I don't see how a home game attracting 8000 fans once a fortnight can cover our operating costs.

NorthernWisdom

I think the difference - at least from my view - is that we are now 'breaking even'. We didn't quite manage that under any of the above regimes. So, the time is right for a new person to step into the helm. How we arrived at 'breaking even', and what our options now are being well documented; but we're there.

So, I think the time is ideal for a new, more strategic planner and visionary to take us forward. That's just not Fisher. Nothing in his arsenal I've witnessed over recent years persuades me he is. And let's be honest, expectation is now so low amongst CCFC fans, someone who purely had the ability to tell the truth would get many folk onside.

I think Richardson said last week that they hadn't had discussions with people from CCFC. The football club should be all over them. Piggy-backing on Wasps' evidently better PR/marketing, exploring avenues for revenues, etc. The club just doesn't seem to have a plan it's aggressively sticking to. Or a vision. There has to be a better person than Fisher to head-up 'what's next'

I was with you until the last paragraph!

However, as ever... when things go wrong the responsibility should really fall on those whose judgement is flawed enough to appoint whoever in the past - given their track record (Fisher is the best of the bunch in my view, even if that's being damned by faint praise!) it doesn't exactly suggest we'll get a charismatic visionary appearing from out the sun drenched horizon.

wingy

It would be nice if we could sign a moderately exciting player or two, too - though I appreciate this isn't easy in the early close season.

I suppose the upside of having a rather average squad is that there really isn't anyone I'd worry about selling the week after the early bird discount closes, as we normally do. Ah, being a Cov fan makes one cynical, eh. ;)

Might not be a popular view but Is the Academy serving a purpose other than minimising SISU losses at the moment
£600-£700k there available
Many many young pro's discarded from Prem clubs could we not find equ,ivalent or better talent than we produce ourselves for little or no cost?

NorthernWisdom

Might not be a popular view but Is the Academy serving a purpose other than minimising SISU losses at the moment
Many many young pro's discarded from Prem clubs could we not find equ,ivalent or better talent than we produce ourselves for little or no cost?

It is, FWIW, one of the surprising things in SISU's strategy. If they are as short term as suggested then yes, closing the academy makes more sense. Long term? Probably not.

Sub

i think setting up again the monthly payments for season ticket sales would help, especially for people that cannot afford the one off payment but I guess the clubs credit rating is so crap that will not happen

stupot07

This is a brilliant thread, the annual "I'm not going/buying a ST until [insert reason here]" thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ashdown

We've removed Ranson and Hoffman, Dulieu and Brody... and it's made sod all difference.

Papering over the cracks just allows a continuation of whatever.

I'm talking about real investors/sugar daddies not the likes of those who were either on the make or who had to try and borrow at favourable rates in order to truly invest/subsidise.

Ashdown

This is a brilliant thread, the annual "I'm not going/buying a ST until [insert reason here]" thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

So what are you saying, SISU let Mowbray go, bring in another bunch of short term loanees around late August, promote a couple of kids at the bequest of their latest sycophant, don't communicate with their landlords or their supporters, skip the merchandise and marketing as usual, keep lying all summer about stadium la la land.........................Tim Fishers dream you are mate !! Even the most loyal of fans need some hope for improvement?

torchomatic

Bit harsh that. He's a fan like all of us. Just because someone will renew as soon as they can - I will regardless - doesn't mean that I don't have any hope for improvement.

As for the landlords nonsense. They've made it clear where we stand. There's nothing, as fans, we can do about the Ricoh.

And, Stu is right. We go through the same every pre-season.

So what are you saying, SISU let Mowbray go, bring in another bunch of short term loanees around late August, promote a couple of kids at the bequest of their latest sycophant, don't communicate with their landlords or their supporters, skip the merchandise and marketing as usual, keep lying all summer about stadium la la land.........................Tim Fishers dream you are mate !! Even the most loyal of fans need some hope for improvement?

chiefdave

We've removed Ranson and Hoffman, Dulieu and Brody... and it's made sod all difference.

As rubbish as TF and SW have been there's no point replacing them unless there is actually going to be a change of direction from SISU. If they are making that change then it makes sense. Joy can release a statement that it was all their fault, lets draw a line and move forward.

If people see things actually improving under a new team then they might start to have some faith. Someone else coming in and giving us the same old rubbish and the whole exercise has been a waste of time.

Ashdown

Bit harsh that. He's a fan like all of us. Just because someone will renew as soon as they can - I will regardless - doesn't mean that I don't have any hope for improvement.

As for the landlords nonsense. They've made it clear where we stand. There's nothing, as fans, we can do about the Ricoh.

I had ST's for 20 consecutive years before 2012, I too didn't question very much on renewal, then we got a complete change of policy from SISU and the club sank to it's lowest level for over 50 years and not without the embarrassing shambles of Northampton/rent strikes/court cases/continued lies and still they sit silent with only ridiculous conversations surrounding Rugby council to discuss. I haven't heard Wasps say they won't discuss future collaboration either ? Thing is, this is 2015 not 1975 and folk can do a lot of other things with valuable spare time and cash, there has to be more than blind loyalty. If they blow it this time and Fisher continues his bullshit then we'll be down to 5000 a match next season.

Woz01

i think setting up again the monthly payments for season ticket sales would help, especially for people that cannot afford the one off payment but I guess the clubs credit rating is so crap that will not happen

As a family of 5 we need to do it monthly or we have no chance of getting a season ticket for us all.

covcity4life

nigel sorry i mean stu is not like all of us.

Gazolba

I don't think Mowbray will stay unless he gets assurances. That did not work for Robbins who had a much better record than Mowbray and had us heading for the playoffs. So I cannot see Mowbray staying unless SISU do an about face and suddenly realise that success is the only way they will recoup some of their investment. I forsee more of the same, with the highest-earners being disposed of and Maddison being sold. I'm sure SISU will spin a good tale about next season in an attempt to maximise season-ticket sales.

SkyBlueSid

I'm afraid it's the end of the line for us. I've had a ST since 1967 except at Northampton but this is my last one. That year away broke the continuity and this season has been abysmal. So few games have been entertaining or enjoyable. So we are not renewing. We have felt cheated this season.

Next season we will pick our games. If we are looking competitive we may get to 6 or 7. If it's more of the same it will probably be none. I never thought it would come to this but our club has been destroyed by these owners. A tough decision to make but it's final now.

Evo1883

I think for alot of fans ..this coming pre season is make or break in regards to washing their hands with the club .
something has to change ,its that simple .
and if the people at the top cannot see that and make relevant changes..then they deserve the mass exodus that will happen

Grendel

40ZwbxH_BZiGK9EbLF6qzHBzzdJv2cg_Kg8CBJPHKPuJNNUaaNKYgD4gUvwKzdmubJR2qxI25cu3lTkQKhEDjDAqme8X_mohvAPnGXaCvYvm2N_m5y4ITnVrF2GlXa2ptu80tR4q40XBZRxUl50SXi8=s0-d-e1-ft

Xr2vXFs67qE5vhFDTy2PGt-FTNiLfoJxrRfX8Re7BuesXJ8y-oe7uVRpBiWdtkn-wpw_3OVg6J06fABVN4j5KMuYr6C__zUK1eCL7DPr70rPi5rJ=s0-d-e1-ft

Hospitality options for the Sky Blues' big game vs Crewe!

The Sky Blues face Crewe in a big game in League One on Saturday, and we have a number of options if you want to enjoy the match in a corporate lounge, the matchday restaurant or an executive box for up to 12 people.

For this game a Corporate Ticket is available, which is priced £20 for adults and £5 for juniors. This includes a padded seat on the E.ON balcony, access to the E.ON Lounge and bar, and a complimentary match programme and teamsheet.

As always, our VIP Matchday Hospitality is also available. For £59 + VAT, you get a three course meal, access to the Level One Lounge and padded corporate seats for the game. You also get pre and post match interviews with members of the Sky Blues squad and former players, plus a complimentary match programme and teamsheet. Bookings for this package need to be made by 2pm on Wednesday.

Finally, the price of a 12 seater Executive Box has been slashed for the Crewe game to£300 (including VAT) – which works out at only £25 per person. The Executive Box includes three car parking spaces, complimentary programmes and teamsheet, TV in the Executive Box, cash bar access and the option to upgrade to include dining.

To book any of these options, please call 024 7699 2329 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or for more information e-mail [email protected] .

Thank you for your continued support.

The Hospitality Team at CCFC

Terry Gibson's perm

40ZwbxH_BZiGK9EbLF6qzHBzzdJv2cg_Kg8CBJPHKPuJNNUaaNKYgD4gUvwKzdmubJR2qxI25cu3lTkQKhEDjDAqme8X_mohvAPnGXaCvYvm2N_m5y4ITnVrF2GlXa2ptu80tR4q40XBZRxUl50SXi8=s0-d-e1-ft

Xr2vXFs67qE5vhFDTy2PGt-FTNiLfoJxrRfX8Re7BuesXJ8y-oe7uVRpBiWdtkn-wpw_3OVg6J06fABVN4j5KMuYr6C__zUK1eCL7DPr70rPi5rJ=s0-d-e1-ft

Hospitality options for the Sky Blues' big game vs Crewe!

The Sky Blues face Crewe in a big game in League One on Saturday, and we have a number of options if you want to enjoy the match in a corporate lounge, the matchday restaurant or an executive box for up to 12 people.

For this game a Corporate Ticket is available, which is priced £20 for adults and £5 for juniors. This includes a padded seat on the E.ON balcony, access to the E.ON Lounge and bar, and a complimentary match programme and teamsheet.

As always, our VIP Matchday Hospitality is also available. For £59 + VAT, you get a three course meal, access to the Level One Lounge and padded corporate seats for the game. You also get pre and post match interviews with members of the Sky Blues squad and former players, plus a complimentary match programme and teamsheet. Bookings for this package need to be made by 2pm on Wednesday.

Finally, the price of a 12 seater Executive Box has been slashed for the Crewe game to£300 (including VAT) – which works out at only £25 per person. The Executive Box includes three car parking spaces, complimentary programmes and teamsheet, TV in the Executive Box, cash bar access and the option to upgrade to include dining.

To book any of these options, please call 024 7699 2329 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or for more information e-mail [email protected] .

Thank you for your continued support.

The Hospitality Team at CCFC

Grendel did you get this from the Telegraph website;)

Ian1779

The Academy is serving the same purpose that it does for a lot of teams outside of the PL. We have always been and always be a selling club no matter where we are in the football pyramid.

Steve B17

I have gone down to the 12 match package deals for the last few seasons (not when at Northampton), these are great value for money.However, all friends and family have stopped going over the last 5 years. the quality of football, the shop, and the whole match day experience with CCFC is poor, unless things change with the ownership I will not be back next season. My money will go on a few away trips, to local non league football team and dare I say, to several Wasps games which the whole family enjoy.

Grendel

I have gone down to the 12 match package deals for the last few seasons (not when at Northampton), these are great value for money.However, all friends and family have stopped going over the last 5 years. the quality of football, the shop, and the whole match day experience with CCFC is poor, unless things change with the ownership I will not be back next season. My money will go on a few away trips, to local non league football team and dare I say, to several Wasps games which the whole family enjoy.

Shame you don't want to support a rugby team with the name Coventry in it if you are that interested in the sport.

Guess you'll only fit in ccfc away matches when your new franchise chums aren't playing at home on that Saturday.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Shame you don't want to support a rugby team with the name Coventry in it if you are that interested in the sport.

Guess you'll only fit in ccfc away matches when your new franchise chums aren't playing at home on that Saturday.

There are many people who watch both Cov and Wasps but have stopped going to watch City,perhaps you should stop your snide and childish remarks and instesd just think about why that is the case.

Grendel

There are many people who watch both Cov and Wasps but have stopped going to watch City,perhaps you should stop your snide and childish remarks and instesd just think about why that is the case.

Well for one half it can't be that they object to clubs moving cities, showing contempt for the natural fan base, trying to ruin a rival business, paying half the value a children's charity paid for their shareholding so you tell me - why is it.

Oh and most Saturday's soon only one of those two options will be available.

Ian1779

Or maybe just observing the glaring hypocrisy in not going to watch CCFC in Northampton, but happily popping along to see London Wasps in Cov.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well for one half it can't be that they object to clubs moving cities, showing contempt for the natural fan base, trying to ruin a rival business, paying half the value a children's charity paid for their shareholding so you tell me - why is it.

Oh and most Saturday's soon only one of those two options will be available.

I'll be going to Cov. As for your other points why should it worry you you hate everything to do with the City of Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread