Season Ticket Holders: Are You Renewing? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Supported the Club in every Division of the Football League. Sky Blue for life, so yes I'll be there through thick & thin. PUSB!

I started watching in 83 so I haven't seen the team in all divisions and I don't want to either it is dreadful how low we have fallen that this could soon happen.

ccfc1234

Yes I will and people who think fans should not bother are wrong. SISU are not thick as some people think, look what they did to ACL, clever really as they nearly got this club a stadium on the cheap. The issue was the fake ccfc supporting labour council leader Ann Lucas. A lady who will say anything to sound good and moral in the press and frankly in the private sector would be a middle manager at best. I hate what SISU have done to our fans but they had rational that was sadly misplaced and devoid of feeling for the history of the club.

RFC

W
Your either very old or have already accounted for L2 next season.

Are you happy with the current team and management?
Are you happy that our youngsters are only playing so we can sell them?
Have you anything else to do other than support CCFC because like a lot of other people I don't rely on CCFC to get my entertainment?

Sunshine we've already played in Division 2 (also Division 3 South), happy is not the 'correct' word but for many years this Club has needed both continuity & stability so we need to stick with Elvis and have some belief & faith!

Nearly all clubs have to sell to survive, do I like or agree with it NO but it is what it is and it's unfortunately the way football's gone.

If more supporters regularly turned up for games we'd have more money to invest in the first team playing squad (60P in every £1 of gross income under FFP).

My personal life is 'my personal life' and nothing to do with you but I'm very busy doing lots of interesting things thank you very much.

Ever heard of positive? Or are you always completely negative? By the way, have a great day. PUSB!

SkyBlueSid

Yes I will and people who think fans should not bother are wrong. SISU are not thick as some people think, look what they did to ACL, clever really as they nearly got this club a stadium on the cheap. The issue was the fake ccfc supporting labour council leader Ann Lucas. A lady who will say anything to sound good and moral in the press and frankly in the private sector would be a middle manager at best. I hate what SISU have done to our fans but they had rational that was sadly misplaced and devoid of feeling for the history of the club.

Who are you to say what is right or wrong? Not renewing next season is certainly right for me. As I have said, the year away broke the habit and another season of watching this rubbish is not an option. The bond was broken where I would watch them however bad. After half a century I never thought I would feel like that but having the team forcibly removed for a season has changed everything. I would not presume to tell other people what they should do next season, but most of the people I speak to at the match seem to have similar views. Not many are renewing and some are picking their games now, despite having already paid. Fans have never been so disillusioned since I started watching City in 1963.

I think your assessment of the council is off the mark too. Councillors are obliged to get the best deal for their authority and Lucas & Co were rightly wary of doing business with Sisu, a view supported by the court in the way they tried to distress ACL. Sisu failed to secure the Ricoh by virtue of their past behaviour and only had themselves to blame. There was no 'nearly' about them getting the Ricoh, the council outsmarted and outmanoeuvred them at every stage.

cloughie

Unless things dramatically improve, myself and my friend will not be renewing. I never thought I'd say this but I don't enjoy it anymore. I have to force myself to go to the games now. I waited over 6 hours in the queue to get my ST in September and this is the sort of crap we have to watch? Our players don't look interested and are revolting against our manager, our home has been sold from underneath us, our youngsters are being shipped out at the 1st opportunity, all of our best players are on 1 year contracts and SISU, don't even get me started on them. I cant believe the words are coming out of my mouth but I don't want to do this anymore. We as fans deserve better and there is only so much a man can take. I think I've found my limit. Unless things improve, im done after this season

I agree with this summed up well

skybluetony176

W

Sunshine we've already played in Division 2 (also Division 3 South), happy is not the 'correct' word but for many years this Club has needed both continuity & stability so we need to stick with Elvis and have some belief & faith!

Nearly all clubs have to sell to survive, do I like or agree with it NO but it is what it is and it's unfortunately the way football's gone.

If more supporters regularly turned up for games we'd have more money to invest in the first team playing squad (60P in every £1 of gross income under FFP).

My personal life is 'my personal life' and nothing to do with you but I'm very busy doing lots of interesting things thank you very much.

Ever heard of positive? Or are you always completely negative? By the way, have a great day. PUSB!

Have you not worked out yet that just because we could spend 60p in every pound doesn't mean we will. Regardless of how many turn up to watch.

WestEndAgro

Probably not, it's absolute Garbage at the moment, something big will need to happen to make me reconsider, their is only so much rubbish you can take.
i used to say I would watch us regardless of legue and expectation but SISU have ruined us, I no longer recognise CCFC, it's not the club I fell in love with, sad but true.

That's just your opinion but it's not mine. PUSB!

Come on pete, that's not an opinion that is just plain fact. How many players did we buy/pay for in the summer and this month. SP has more money to spend this month with the way waggott puts it, especially coming back to the Ricoh.

AndreasB

Probably not, it's absolute Garbage at the moment, something big will need to happen to make me reconsider, their is only so much rubbish you can take.
i used to say I would watch us regardless of legue and expectation but SISU have ruined us, I no longer recognise CCFC, it's not the club I fell in love with, sad but true.

You will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

Who are you to say what is right or wrong? Not renewing next season is certainly right for me. As I have said, the year away broke the habit and another season of watching this rubbish is not an option. The bond was broken where I would watch them however bad. After half a century I never thought I would feel like that but having the team forcibly removed for a season has changed everything. I would not presume to tell other people what they should do next season, but most of the people I speak to at the match seem to have similar views. Not many are renewing and some are picking their games now, despite having already paid. Fans have never been so disillusioned since I started watching City in 1963.

I think your assessment of the council is off the mark too. Councillors are obliged to get the best deal for their authority and Lucas & Co were rightly wary of doing business with Sisu, a view supported by the court in the way they tried to distress ACL. Sisu failed to secure the Ricoh by virtue of their past behaviour and only had themselves to blame. There was no 'nearly' about them getting the Ricoh, the council outsmarted and outmanoeuvred them at every stage.

re: read my words. "People who say fans should not bother are wrong" I am not saying you should or should not renew, I was criticising people who run the club down to their friends and convince them not to renew. Not helpful or fair in my opinion.

As much as I hate SISU and what they have done. Much of the blame has to sit with SP as fans would be more content if we were top 6. These things get much more focus due to it being terrible off and on the pitch.

Ashdown

I'll just correct you there....................' What SISU are doing'..............these morons are still at the helm and still tearing the club apart piece by piece. With them pulling the strings and selling anyone with a pulse how can you expect ordinary working class people to continue to stump up money in advance and then foot the bill for the add on costs of travelling, parking, sustenance etc

AndreasB

Not by SISU he won't. Otherwise they'd have started addressing the disappearing fan problem after the second game back. Have they even acknowledged that it's a problem yet?

Well they didn't because you lot were bleating how loyal fans would be at the Ricoh when we got back.

That loyalty lasted one game. No one will come in and buy us whilst we have that level of support.

italiahorse

Well they didn't because you lot were bleating how loyal fans would be at the Ricoh when we got back.

That loyalty lasted one game. No one will come in and buy us whilst we have that level of support.

Anyone buying us would know the fans are out there.
They would know that if the product is on the pitch is good enough they will come out the woodwork.
We are what you call a sleeping giant :whistle:
Just need Sisu to put us up for sale.

AndreasB

Anyone buying us would know the fans are out there.
They would know that if the product is on the pitch is good enough they will come out the woodwork.
We are what you call a sleeping giant :whistle:
Just need Sisu to put us up for sale.

Didn't answer my point. Mind you, had a bad week haven't you? All your crap arguments shot down again.

SkyBlueSid

re: read my words. "People who say fans should not bother are wrong" I am not saying you should or should not renew, I was criticising people who run the club down to their friends and convince them not to renew. Not helpful or fair in my opinion.

As much as I hate SISU and what they have done. Much of the blame has to sit with SP as fans would be more content if we were top 6. These things get much more focus due to it being terrible off and on the pitch.

Yes, I take your point. I would not presume to tell anyone whether to renew or not, that is a decision for them. The problem for the club is that the performances and lack of ambition are doing the persuading. Around where I sit there are not many who are planning to renew next season and some are losing interest in turning up now. It seems to be gallows humour most games. I do know of a couple of people who are renewing, they are the ones who bring their sons but one of the lads is starting to get fed up with it.

The worrying thing for the club is that many of the people who are saying this will be their last season with a ST are people who have been going for decades. The year at Northampton has broken that bond with the club and it appears to me that people are no longer willing to put up with failure every year. Previously failure was just part of being a City fan. That change will present a huge problem next season.

robbiethemole

a resounding feckin NO from me, after going since 1967 (apart from last year) I have lost hope and heart for the fight. Feck SP and Feck SISU, can anyone find a use for a concession ST for the rest of the season?

ccfctommy

I'm not sure, my head says no, but my heart says yes. It's so depressing sitting in an almost empty stadium watching terrible football. But they are my team, and I can't walk away from them........ PUSB

This is where I am at the moment. 50/50.

mrbluesky87

No, no, no, 1 adult and 3 children. I should never have been taken in this season, I should have never been taken in by the hype. New owners, Manger and players and I might think about it.

Hod dog

NO.

I have been a season ticket holder since 94 minus the year at northampton, and I will not be renewng due to numerous things.

1. Pressley is clueless
2. players have no passion to play
3. Sisu
4. and it bores me now, never thought id say it, but I am dragging myself up when I would rather do something else now.

the year at northampton however well we played showed me other things i can do with my Saturdays.

shy_tall_knight

For me the football was a chance to bond with my sons meet up with friends and family etc.. Sons don't want to go, hardly any friends or family now go. I won't be renewing as it is an awful matchday experience and it will feel like solitary confinement, sitting on your own being punished sounds more like a fetish club than a football match.

Users who are viewing this thread