Season Ticket Fund (2 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

One local charity turned it down without even asking their patrons, "because Sisu...".

That said, the charities we did send them to were very grateful and they went to some very deserving people.
Wow.... just wow

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

anybody any indication on the prices for next year

Boddy said we would be pleasantly surprised
I think if they keep them below £350 for championship football, that would be an excellent price

Brighton Sky Blue

anybody any indication on the prices for next year

Boddy said we would be pleasantly surprised
I think if they keep them below £350 for championship football, that would be an excellent price

Most likely will be since fewer games will be on offer

win9nut

Yeah and we have asked for people to send us their names etc.

People carry out benefit fraud and they have multi million pound systems in place and people hired just to investigate. All we can do is ask for people to report anybody they think is dodgy,
To appease some, is there a way you could share details of applications without any personally identifying information (GDPR and all that)?
Can you share what you actually check for each applicant? (Not sure if this has previously been shared?)
Just trying to think of ways to make it as transparent as possible so that people can't use this as an excuse not to contribute.

Winny the Bish

Nominated my Dad for a season ticket last year and he was so, so thankful. Genuinely haven't seen him that happy in a long time and it brought us closer as he'd always ring me after games to talk about the team and how they did. For every person who got a ticket unfairly, I can promise there were people like my dad for whom it bought some much-needed joy into their lives.

So thank you to everyone who set this up. I'll be donating again this year.

mark82

To appease some, is there a way you could share details of applications without any personally identifying information (GDPR and all that)?
Can you share what you actually check for each applicant? (Not sure if this has previously been shared?)
Just trying to think of ways to make it as transparent as possible so that people can't use this as an excuse not to contribute.

Difficult, as by nature the details are very personal. This is why MMJ wanted a panel when we first started this. All those on the panel have no link outside of this board. We have a good mix of people from different professions including accountants, directors (some are both) and @shmmeee who I always assumed was a pirate, but it turns out he's actually a land lover.

Specs WT-R75

I appreciate that but we still hear people got tickets undeservingly. The cynicism is sadly warranted as your system, despite its best intentions, doesnt stop the 'fraudsters'. I could probably convince people i know somebody in need and spin a story but it doesnt make it true.
I am genuinely not trying to dampen any efforts everyone is making but sadly i dont trust my donation would 100% reach the right and deserving people as it currently stands.

Remember that the club (has in the past and I have no reason to suggest they wont again) matched the donations. As such for your donation to not reach the right people then over half the recipients would have to be taking the piss. I think we can safely say that this isn't the case.

I respect your decision not to donate anything but would ask that you bear this in mind. I'll be chipping in again this season as I have the last 2.

BigadamL

I had one of those season tickets last year and was even given two for my young children. No way I would of been able to afford them without the help of this scheme, because of bits and bobs, this year we are buying season tickets and CCFC now have two extra little fans. I can’t thank the scheme enough to be honest, my mum nominated me without me knowing and it was easily the best present I’ve had in a long time ( unless my wife reads this and it was the watch, definitely the watch)

thanks again all

clint van damme

One local charity turned it down without even asking their patrons, "because Sisu...".

That said, the charities we did send them to were very grateful and they went to some very deserving people.

they should have their charitable status removed, that's shocking.

skyblueinBaku

Disgaceful!

mark82

Sadly these people will believe in their own minds that they are deserving and would argue this case.

For some perspective, we declined 52% of all nominations last year. It's by no means that all of those 52% were taking the Mickey, we were just very selective. We looked deeper into every single case and it needed agreement from the panel of 5 people for tickets to be bought. People need to realise they don't know what is going on in everyone's lives. It wasn't always about finances. Cases included things like mental health issues, serious illness & family issues amongst other things.

It's probably unfair to judge just on the basis of the financial circumstances of one case, who wasn't even a direct nomination but a family member of a nominee. If you don't want to donate, that's fine, I have no issue with that, but if there is anything else you want to ask to ease your mind then please ask. Also, if you do have any suggestions on how we could do things differently we'd be more than happy to listen to ideas (particularly if it saves us time - we all put significant numbers of hours into this last year).

mark82

they should have their charitable status removed, that's shocking.

It was an individual at a charity, but unfortunately it was the main contact point listed. Outside of this issue they do very good work so I'd never hold any ill feeling towards any charity because of the actions of an individual, no matter how senior within the organisation they were.

skyblueinBaku

It was an individual at a charity, but unfortunately it was the main contact point listed. Outside of this issue they do very good work so I'd never hold any ill feeling towards any charity because of the actions of an individual, no matter how senior within the organisation they were.
Is it not possible to find another contact at that charity?

Liquid Gold

Difficult, as by nature the details are very personal. This is why MMJ wanted a panel when we first started this. All those on the panel have no link outside of this board. We have a good mix of people from different professions including accountants, directors (some are both) and @shmmeee who I always assumed was a pirate, but it turns out he's actually a land lover.
Yeah, I’ve always imagined him the sort to fuck pot holes ;)

NortonSkyBlue

I have given every time something like this has been proposed. In two minds this time unless it can be guaranteed that tickets go to help deserving cases. Not like one of guys who works full time in my place of work older than me and gets full pension payments and didn’t understand when I said what made him think he deserved it.
This comment could and should have been made to the powers that be. Then an answer could have been given privately.
This scheme is truly magnificent and we all should hold our heads high that we look after our own and It should be noted that both the club and its supporters worked together to reach as many of our fans in need.
Nothing should rain on our parade.

Garryb80

For some perspective, we declined 52% of all nominations last year. It's by no means that all of those 52% were taking the Mickey, we were just very selective. We looked deeper into every single case and it needed agreement from the panel of 5 people for tickets to be bought. People need to realise they don't know what is going on in everyone's lives. It wasn't always about finances. Cases included things like mental health issues, serious illness & family issues amongst other things.

It's probably unfair to judge just on the basis of the financial circumstances of one case, who wasn't even a direct nomination but a family member of a nominee. If you don't want to donate, that's fine, I have no issue with that, but if there is anything else you want to ask to ease your mind then please ask. Also, if you do have any suggestions on how we could do things differently we'd be more than happy to listen to ideas (particularly if it saves us time - we all put significant numbers of hours into this last year).
I appreciate your response but the fact a non nominated person got a ticket and is the one in question right now rings alarm bells for me. Im sure the majority are deserving and fair play to you all but until I am certain the system can not be abused at all I can't donate, especially given now I know that random family members are beneficiaries rather than being nominated.
Good luck going forward but I can't get involved

Nick

Administrator
I appreciate your response but the fact a non nominated person got a ticket and is the one in question right now rings alarm bells for me. Im sure the majority are deserving and fair play to you all but until I am certain the system can not be abused at all I can't donate, especially given now I know that random family members are beneficiaries rather than being nominated.
They went with the person who was nominated... It wasn't just a random.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams

They were nominated Garry, every recipient is nominated, there is a form which individuals have to fill out and explain the detailed reasons why that person or family should be a beneficiary, in this case, it was a selfless nomination from someone else for that person to thank them for what they had done for this other person in helping them out during their life and wanting to give something back to them for that, it was genuine but understand your worry on this area, trust me, the people judging worry about the validity and we hope that one doesn’t spoil it for others, it is the biggest risk from this initiative.
I don’t think we do have anyone taking liberties and we have many fans who contribute to so many good causes, no one will pressure anyone to donate to this one if they think it’s not right for them or a risk of misplaced tickets.
I hope they do as I know of the many great stories and people that have benefited from the tickets but will always respect your views and others around this area and the risks involved in it.

mark82

Fair enough. He was accompanying someone who was nominated, we wouldn't expect anyone to go on their own particularly in the circumstances. I'm not sure there's anything we could do to change your mind anyway, so I'll leave it at that. If you have anything constructive at any point feel free to let one of us know.

Warwickhunt

After the COVID damage to the employment i am sure there will be more than enough suitable candiates Mark.

D

Deleted member 4439

I suspect this must have been suggested before, but I wonder whether the club could provide an option on the 'option for a ST refund' against the unplayed games, for this to be directly donated to the fund?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blue Pete

I suspect this must have been suggested before, but I wonder whether the club could provide an option on the 'option for a ST refund' against the unplayed games, for this to be directly donated to the fund?
Great suggestion, didn’t they match what was raised last year?

jto123

Slightly off topic, but thought this was a good thread to ask the question. How much more will away tickets be in the championship? Obviously, I want us to be in as high a league as possible, but the joy of the lower leagues was the cheaper tickets. How much do we reckon they will go up by on average?

clint van damme

cracking suggestion. Due to the carry on of the last few months my contribution is going to have to be a bit less than usual, this would be a great way of bridging the gap.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Let’s see what the club do about refunds, as we purchased the tickets for those fans with money, I would hope that money would come back to the fund, I’m sure it will, the club have been brilliant ever since this started with matching the tickets we purchased like for like.
I know it’s tough times for people so not expecting it to be like last year but whatever we get will help out.

BigadamL

Let’s see what the club do about refunds, as we purchased the tickets for those fans with money, I would hope that money would come back to the fund, I’m sure it will, the club have been brilliant ever since this started with matching the tickets we purchased like for like.
I know it’s tough times for people so not expecting it to be like last year but whatever we get will help out.

Because i have a season ticket this year i did wonder if i would have a reduction on next years even though it was a gift? I'm not expecting anything but if it has then the scheme from last year would help a lot of people over two seasons, which without knowing at the time from the organisers is an amazing task

Users who are viewing this thread