Season Ticket Fund (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As i have said people tell me he is on a jolly every day. not looking for job. Facebook posts. Could they have an incorrect view of him SURE

Same goes for your example. An old man still working hard every day. Deserves his ST on face of it. Earned his pension

Stop having a go at people that work hard

See what i did there?
You are stupid the fact that he’s working isn’t an issue the fact he gets a full wage plus full pension is. He doesn’t deserve a ticket same as I don’t. Bloody hell cant you see the difference? We will have Grendel applying for one next because his investments have gone down.

covcity4life

You are stupid the fact that he’s working isn’t an issue the fact he gets a full wage plus full pension is. He doesn’t deserve a ticket same as I don’t. Bloody hell cant you see the difference? We will have Grendel applying for one next because his investments have gone down.
As i have said we don't know if the criteria is purely financial. Can't say who deserves it and who doesn't

I have retracted my statement about the guy I know aa I also do not know full details but let's not pretend people don't fiddle the benefit system. But that's a topic for another thread

mark82

I have given every time something like this has been proposed. In two minds this time unless it can be guaranteed that tickets go to help deserving cases. Not like one of guys who works full time in my place of work older than me and gets full pension payments and didn’t understand when I said what made him think he deserved it.

Can you send me details please.

mark82

As i have said we don't know if the criteria is purely financial. Can't say who deserves it and who doesn't

I have retracted my statement about the guy I know aa I also do not know full details but let's not pretend people don't fiddle the benefit system. But that's a topic for another thread

We did weed out those that were clearly trying to play the system, but it's very difficult to judge sometimes. But, that's why we have a panel.

covcity4life

We did weed out those that were clearly trying to play the system, but it's very difficult to judge sometimes. But, that's why we have a panel.
I agree its tough. And i admit there could be stuff going on that i am not privvy too. On the whole even if a few deceive the vast.majority wont so it's a all good in the long run

mark82

I agree its tough. And i admit there could be stuff going on that i am not privvy too. On the whole even if a few deceive the vast.majority wont so it's a all good in the long run

Exactly, there will always be some but I don't want people to think that those aren't just the exceptions to the rule. Don't forget that we don't always know everything about people's personal lives and this isn't just about pure finances.

If anyone is concerned then please raise it with myself, MMJ or one of the others and we can always look into it.

shmmeee

On better terms with Nick currently but he said i was a bad fan for missing games to feed homeless so doesn't fill me with hope mate

Sorry this is just childish. There’s no favour and it’s all taken very seriously. I’ve had my own issues with members of the panel but on the panel everyone’s professional and serious about ensuring deserving cases get through and those that aren’t don’t.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Thank you, sorry wasn't around yesterday, I would love for us to set it up again and run this with the others that helped so much last year, we ended up, with club support buying tickets to the value of £24,076 to see us win the league.

This started only two years ago with us wanting to help out individuals and families who may need help to see their beloved Sky Blues. Much of the help is financial, some have been NHS patients in difficult circumstances rehabilitating and some have been NHS staff themselves, some have been families re-united in their attendance together at games and others parents split but wanting to take the children to games.The nominations are varied and wide and are read thoroughly by 4 people and only if we reach a consensus do we support the nomination. We reject so many which can be equally as tough for us to do but has to be done.

We may not get all right but we have helped put smiles on so many faces, it would be wrong for us to try not to do that again this year so when set up, if you can help again then thank you from all of those who will benefit, whether that be watching online at the start of the season or in attendance when the stadiums open up again.
PUSB
Thank You

Garryb80

Sorry this is just childish. There’s no favour and it’s all taken very seriously. I’ve had my own issues with members of the panel but on the panel everyone’s professional and serious about ensuring deserving cases get through and those that aren’t don’t.
Except one apparently did slip through. While this is a good idea in theory it is still open to being misused whether by nominated people or by the panel. It needs proper due diligence to occur before any of these tickets are handed out. I personally would object to any funds I donated being given to anyone who could afford a ticket just as much as myself

clint van damme

Except one apparently did slip through. While this is a good idea in theory it is still open to being misused whether by nominated people or by the panel. It needs proper due diligence to occur before any of these tickets are handed out. I personally would object to any funds I donated being given to anyone who could afford a ticket just as much as myself

none of us want the system abused but I think those organising this are doing their best but unfortunately some people will take the piss.
I don't know how many tickets were purchased last season but given the the money raised I'd estimate around 80.
I'm prepared to accept a couple of piss takers in order to help all the other genuine cases though it would be great if we could weed them out but it won't stop me donating.

Garryb80

none of us want the system abused but I think those organising this are doing their best but unfortunately some people will take the piss.
I don't know how many tickets were purchased last season but given the the money raised I'd estimate around 80.
I'm prepared to accept a couple of piss takers in order to help all the other genuine cases though it would be great if we could weed them out but it won't stop me donating.
It wasn't meant as a dig at the panel at all but until I know its foolproof I couldn't donate

clint van damme

It wasn't meant as a dig at the panel at all but until I know its foolproof I couldn't donate

I know it wasn't mate and I fully understand your stance. I've decided to take a slightly different one but I respect what you're saying.

AStonesThrow

Ya my worry. Know unemployed person who got one and still not got a job since afaik. Don't like when ppl act like it's impossible to get any kind of job

With regards to ‘people who act like it’s impossible to get a job’. I mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all, but it’s really not as easy as you make out.

I’m currently unemployed. I have a CV which includes caring for children with severe autism and behavioural difficulties, care for the elderly in a nursing home and domiciliary (where they have their care at home) totalling to 4 years, I was an apprentice at a children’s nursery but couldn’t complete the course because I couldn’t afford to live off the wages, plenty of bar work and I even worked for two years at McDonalds when I was 16. I have 7 A’s, 2 B’s at GCSE, and 3 C grade A-Levels.
I currently have 81 jobs in my ‘applied’ list on Indeed. And yet not one of them has offered me even an interview. I’d do ANY kind of job just to be back in work, because £375 a month is not enough to live off. £100 of that goes straight to my kids mum to pay towards my boys. So yes, it really is difficult to get a job, no matter how desperate or how hard you try. Please don’t underestimate the struggle, how hard it really is to get a job, nor write off unemployed people who can’t get a job as wasters.

For all I know, the guy you’re on about is a waster. But I found your post quite offensive so needed to have my say. As I say, no disrespect whatsoever intended to you

eastwoodsdustman

In anything like this there will always be one or two who take advantage. If we look at the bigger picture of how many genuine people were helped it would far outweigh the odd one or two freeloaders who have no shame. I know the good that this cause does for people and will continue to support it.

Nick

Administrator
Everybody tried their best to verify as much as they possibly could, we did find a fair few blaggers and cut them off straight away. It wasn't just "Oh they look in need lets throw everything to them". Situations were discussed, just not having a job wouldn't have been a reason that is valid.

There was a lot of cynism applied with everybody with a "prove why you should" rather than a "prove why we shouldn't" approach.

Esoterica

It truly shocks me that some people would abuse a system set up like this, donated to by ordinary Cov fans and intended to help people with a genuine need. I don't know how people like that can look at themselves in the mirror. How do people become so morally bankrupt?

covcity4life

With regards to ‘people who act like it’s impossible to get a job’. I mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all, but it’s really not as easy as you make out.

I’m currently unemployed. I have a CV which includes caring for children with severe autism and behavioural difficulties, care for the elderly in a nursing home and domiciliary (where they have their care at home) totalling to 4 years, I was an apprentice at a children’s nursery but couldn’t complete the course because I couldn’t afford to live off the wages, plenty of bar work and I even worked for two years at McDonalds when I was 16. I have 7 A’s, 2 B’s at GCSE, and 3 C grade A-Levels.
I currently have 81 jobs in my ‘applied’ list on Indeed. And yet not one of them has offered me even an interview. I’d do ANY kind of job just to be back in work, because £375 a month is not enough to live off. £100 of that goes straight to my kids mum to pay towards my boys. So yes, it really is difficult to get a job, no matter how desperate or how hard you try. Please don’t underestimate the struggle, how hard it really is to get a job, nor write off unemployed people who can’t get a job as wasters.

For all I know, the guy you’re on about is a waster. But I found your post quite offensive so needed to have my say. As I say, no disrespect whatsoever intended to you

I think it should go without saying that i didn't mean ALL unemployed people are wasters.

I dont undestimate the struggle. I said ANY work. I know for a fact there is always a call centre job available. I didn't say anything about waiting for ideal job jist any job

If money is tight you take any job you can imo thats all. You can still apply for ideal job whilst doing one you don't like is my thinking. Thats a real struggle imo. Waking up everyday and going into a job you hate for 8 hours

Garryb80

Everybody tried their best to verify as much as they possibly could, we did find a fair few blaggers and cut them off straight away. It wasn't just "Oh they look in need lets throw everything to them". Situations were discussed, just not having a job wouldn't have been a reason that is valid.

There was a lot of cynism applied with everybody with a "prove why you should" rather than a "prove why we shouldn't" approach.
I appreciate that but we still hear people got tickets undeservingly. The cynicism is sadly warranted as your system, despite its best intentions, doesnt stop the 'fraudsters'. I could probably convince people i know somebody in need and spin a story but it doesnt make it true.
I am genuinely not trying to dampen any efforts everyone is making but sadly i dont trust my donation would 100% reach the right and deserving people as it currently stands.

Garryb80

It truly shocks me that some people would abuse a system set up like this, donated to by ordinary Cov fans and intended to help people with a genuine need. I don't know how people like that can look at themselves in the mirror. How do people become so morally bankrupt?
Sadly these people will believe in their own minds that they are deserving and would argue this case.

better days

Terrible to read that
Good luck
Hope you find something soon

AStonesThrow

I think it should go without saying that i didn't mean ALL unemployed people are wasters.

I dont undestimate the struggle. I said ANY work. I know for a fact there is always a call centre job available. I didn't say anything about waiting for ideal job jist any job

If money is tight you take any job you can imo thats all. You can still apply for ideal job whilst doing one you don't like is my thinking. Thats a real struggle imo. Waking up everyday and going into a job you hate for 8 hours
What part of I’ve applied for 81 jobs do you not understand. I clearly stated I’d do any job. Yes I’ve not debated wether there’s jobs available, hence the 81 applications. But you have to be offered them, and some of us no matter how hard we try don’t get offered them. Where in any of my post did I say about looking for an ideal job? I’ve quite clearly said I’d do anything, and have applied for awful jobs, just to be back in work. You’re clearly extremely ignorant, opinionated and have no bearing on other people’s perspective.

covcity4life

What part of I’ve applied for 81 jobs do you not understand. I clearly stated I’d do any job. Yes I’ve not debated wether there’s jobs available, hence the 81 applications. But you have to be offered them, and some of us no matter how hard we try don’t get offered them. Where in any of my post did I say about looking for an ideal job? I’ve quite clearly said I’d do anything, and have applied for awful jobs, just to be back in work. You’re clearly extremely ignorant, opinionated and have no bearing on other people’s perspective.

Woah woah whoah there. No need to get aggressive

I assumed they were 81 jobs to do with your career path thats all Jesus

If you are struggling to find even something like call centre job thrn you have my sympathy and I am shocked

I never once said all unemployed people are wasters. I said the guy in question was. And i even retracted that because i don't know what's going on behind public image. There should be no problem here

Nick

Administrator
I appreciate that but we still hear people got tickets undeservingly. The cynicism is sadly warranted as your system, despite its best intentions, doesnt stop the 'fraudsters'. I could probably convince people i know somebody in need and spin a story but it doesnt make it true.
I am genuinely not trying to dampen any efforts everyone is making but sadly i dont trust my donation would 100% reach the right and deserving people as it currently stands.

Yeah and we have asked for people to send us their names etc.

People carry out benefit fraud and they have multi million pound systems in place and people hired just to investigate. All we can do is ask for people to report anybody they think is dodgy,

AStonesThrow

Woah woah whoah there. No need to get aggressive

I assumed they were 81 jobs to do with your career path thats all Jesus

If you are struggling to find even something like call centre job thrn you have my sympathy and I am shocked

I never once said all unemployed people are wasters. I said the guy in question was. And i even retracted that because i don't know what's going on behind public image. There should be no problem here
Fair enough, I appreciate the sentiment. It wasn’t aggression, it’s just easy to be offended when I’m trying my downright hardest and getting nowhere so my apologies if it came across as aggressive

covcity4life

Fair enough, I appreciate the sentiment. It wasn’t aggression, it’s just easy to be offended when I’m trying my downright hardest and getting nowhere so my apologies if it came across as aggressive
And my apologies if I came accross ignorant.

My uncle works in social care. If anything comes up I will let you know although not sure if it's same thing you do. His is more about rehoming refugee teenages.

Good luck

ccfcricoh

i was amazed and impressed by how much was raised last year, and will donate again.

If it was a struggle to find enough deserving cases, how about maybe considering putting it towards a box/hospitality. Would be more of an experience and could select people for certain matches, just a thought!

Nick

Administrator
i was amazed and impressed by how much was raised last year, and will donate again.

If it was a struggle to find enough deserving cases, how about maybe considering putting it towards a box/hospitality. Would be more of an experience and could select people for certain matches, just a thought!

One of the issues was finding people who would genuinely benefit without just throwing them about randomly.

ccfcricoh

One of the issues was finding people who would genuinely benefit without just throwing them about randomly.
I see, could some perhaps be donated to local children charities/hospitals/hospices etc, people managing those I would trust to pass the tickets out as they see fit.

Can see why its hard if you suddenly have people "applying" for 50 season tickets.

Nick

Administrator
I see, could some perhaps be donated to local children charities/hospitals/hospices etc, people managing those I would trust to pass the tickets out as they see fit.

Can see why its hard if you suddenly have people "applying" for 50 season tickets.

Yep, I think a couple went to them so that they could take a kid each wee. If I remember I think some went to a Mental Health Unit too so that the staff could take patients if they deemed it suitable (or the staff could use them if not for a bit of a break).

mark82

If you have a better system please feel free to let us know.

FWIW, the criteria isn't all financial that's only one element of it. The person mentioned on this thread has been looked into. They were not the direct recipient of the tickets but a family member of someone who was. There were genuine reasons why this particular example was ok in our eyes, but we're not going to go into people's personal details on here. If that means you won't donate, that's fine, but I'm proud of what we've done.

mark82

One local charity turned it down without even asking their patrons, "because Sisu...".

That said, the charities we did send them to were very grateful and they went to some very deserving people.

Users who are viewing this thread