Season ticket blackout (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

I have on page two/three.

We might not have filled the stadium last year, but the attendances were up. You would have to be naive if you think that extra revenue would go towards the playing budget. The 'we got the breakeven numbers wrong' should set alarm bells ringing straight away.

A boycott would not work if only 1000 people did it. It would have to be a 90%+ cull to be effective. They could still run the club on a shoestring budget with a couple of thousand supporters, but it simply would not be viable if there were a matter of hundreds there.

If they aren't making profit, if they are not breaking even, but if they are making heavy losses, they would have to get out. Yes, liquidation is a risk, but they'll be better off taking an offer for £1.

It is a realistic stab at getting sisu out, but it would have to be done properly.
This !

Grendel

Not this - we did make losses and the revenues were less than the prior year. We sold Maddison to bridge a funding hole as the revenue reductions weren't funding the club.

Bad luck.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fill the ground then. See what that does - may increase the budget massively.
You've got to be kidding haven't you ? what evidence have you got to suggest that any increase in revenue will increase the budget massively ?

Grendel

You've got to be kidding haven't you ? what evidence have you got to suggest that any increase in revenue will increase the budget massively ?

I haven't - that's my point - same as reducing it doesn't have any evidence it means the end of sisu as owners

Grendel

Probably the same amount of evidence that a boycott will force Sisu out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nail on head!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I haven't - that's my point - same as reducing it doesn't have any evidence it means the end of sisu as owners
Reducing it simply strengthens the resolve of those determined to withdraw supporting the club. Supporters simply get thoroughly pissed off seeing no return for their investment.

Bob Latchford

Probably the same amount of evidence that a boycott will force Sisu out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
A boycott seemed to work at Sixfields .

italiahorse

Not this - we did make losses and the revenues were less than the prior year. We sold Maddison to bridge a funding hole as the revenue reductions weren't funding the club.

Bad luck.
You naively think that balancing the books means cutting your outgoings to meet your income, rather than increasing revenues to cover costs.
The product on the pitch increases those revenues and clearly selling the better players provides a product nobody really wants.
To rely on the loyalty of fans to provide the incomes is not a very good plan.
Clearly SISU are doing it this way and you are backing them in their endeavours.
If you can turn up week after week and get your entertainment by 'being loyal' then I have to admire you.
Personally I've stuck with them since 1967 and I'm now reaching the end of my tether.
I rely on having a glimmer of hope to part with my £300+ every summer and now i'm not seeing it.
I've tried any leverage I have by threatening that I will stop going but Sisu don't give a toss about me so I need to now vote like others with my feet.

Ashdown

This filling the ground thing would be a great idea if the tickets and day out wasn't going to cost £60 and then still have to watch a pile of SISU's shit team for 90 minutes of it !
They are having people over if they really think they would spend a load of cash on building a decent squad......do you honestly think if they won a large bag of compo they would share it with the football club...........would they fuck !

Bob Latchford

You naively think that balancing the books means cutting your outgoings to meet your income, rather than increasing revenues to cover costs.
The product on the pitch increases those revenues and clearly selling the better players provides a product nobody really wants.
To rely on the loyalty of fans to provide the incomes is not a very good plan.
Clearly SISU are doing it this way and you are backing them in their endeavours.
If you can turn up week after week and get your entertainment by 'being loyal' then I have to admire you.
Personally I've stuck with them since 1967 and I'm now reaching the end of my tether.
I rely on having a glimmer of hope to part with my £300+ every summer and now i'm not seeing it.
I've tried any leverage I have by threatening that I will stop going but Sisu don't give a toss about me so I need to now vote like others with my feet.
This !

Bob Latchford

Hammer on thumb owwww!.... Crewe, Gillingham, gates upwards of 17.5k yet no definative evidence of financial input. These owners have no intention of bettering our Football Club. The only boycott not tried up to now, is a total all out boycott!
This !!

NorthernWisdom

This filling the ground thing would be a great idea if the tickets and day out wasn't going to cost £60 and then still have to watch a pile of SISU's shit team for 90 minutes of it !
They are having people over if they really think they would spend a load of cash on building a decent squad......do you honestly think if they won a large bag of compo they would share it with the football club...........would they fuck !

FWIW, I think if the club got 30k crowds, we'd spend a 30k budget. There's no reason to suggest otherwise. In fact, we've tended to spend more than our income all the time they've been here...

That's not the same, however, as expecting people to turn up because why should they?

clint van damme

You saying we had poor crowds all last year compared to other seasons? they were breaking over earlier predictions of break even weren't they? Until conveniently changing that.

Grendal wanting the stadium full in hope that budgets get increased have proven never to be truthful have they? show proof that increasing attendances have brought in more player investment.
You're right. But falling attendances now and the fact they rode out over a season at Sixfields show that reductions in their Income haven't forced them out either.
That's why I say it's hard to fathom. Out what will get rid of them.
There is eviidence to contradict both NOPM and the bigger crowds more Investment theories.

Ashdown

FWIW, I think if the club got 30k crowds, we'd spend a 30k budget. There's no reason to suggest otherwise. In fact, we've tended to spend more than our income all the time they've been here...

That's not the same, however, as expecting people to turn up because why should they?
I think they would up their 'Management charges' to take a decent chunk out of the revenue once again and plead poverty. They may take a healthy sum for debt interest payment too.
We would still see constrained short term policy all round.

Ashdown

People keep asking why are they still here, what do they have to gain? There are various answers to this, many speculative.

I was wondering if the reason they don't depart and crystalize the losses at CCFC is because we are only a small part of their overall investment strategy for their so called investors. It may be that money invested elsewhere in other projects is actually doing considerably better and there will come a point in time where profits gained elsewhere will offset the losses incurred with us and to save face they will be able to claim an overall success. The question is, what is the timescale ?

Covstu

You're right. But falling attendances now and the fact they rode out over a season at Sixfields show that reductions in their Income haven't forced them out either.
That's why I say it's hard to fathom. Out what will get rid of them.
There is eviidence to contradict both NOPM and the bigger crowds more Investment theories.
I agree with this but no money will bring it to a head at some point. We might not like that outcome. However

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...and also, why on earth hang on to something failing long term ?

Grendel

Hammer on thumb owwww!.... Crewe, Gillingham, gates upwards of 17.5k yet no definative evidence of financial input. These owners have no intention of bettering our Football Club. The only boycott not tried up to now, is a total all out boycott!

Crewe was a 5,000 crowd at normal prices and gillingham around the average we have now - comedy genius by SBK

NorthernWisdom

The current logic's not crazy.

Have to divide it up into different periods. The first period failed but, that's gone. This is a new game where there's smaller risk, really. If it fails, the losses are minimal.

So why wouldn't you hang around on the offchance?

Grendel

Football is an entertainment business unfortunately except for a few months last season there hasnt been any in over 10 years

16 years id say.

Grendel

A boycott seemed to work at Sixfields .

It wasn't a full boycott and actually a wasps move forced the issue - oh and the owners remained the same.

Bob Latchford

...and also, why on earth hang on to something failing long term ?
No idea .no one knows. all I know is we were relegated in 2001 and no sign of any return back. everything sold by Sisu - enough is enough ! ,

Sky Blue Kid

Crewe was a 5,000 crowd at normal prices and gillingham around the average we have now - comedy genius by SBK
LMFAO. Says the man that said we've only had TEN, (that's 10) games where we've had 25k crowds in 50 years. hahahahaha.... but then moved the goal posts to 40 years when proven wrong, then yet again STILL proven wrong over 40 years hahahaha... And he talks about Comedy Genius hahahaha

Grendel

LMFAO. Says the man that said we've only had TEN, (that's 10) games where we've had 25k crowds in 50 years. hahahahaha.... but then moved the goal posts to 40 years when proven wrong, then yet again STILL proven wrong over 40 years hahahaha... And he talks about Comedy Genius hahahaha

The Crewe game was £5 per head. The gates are shared so that's roughly £80,000 to the club. The same as a game at 20 per had and 4,000 supporters.

skybluetony176

A Wasps move to Coventry seemed to work in getting us back, you mean.

Wish people would stop projecting what they *want* to happen onto things.

If it was a Wasps move that brought the club back why didn't they move the club back when they first found out about it? After all they were telling fans about it in private the Easter before it happened. Why not move back then before it was too late?

More chance that season ticket take-up was even worse than the previous summer at which point it became blatantly obvious that Tim's projections were never going to happen, in fact they were going to get worse and the truth is that SISU don't have the investors any longer to bank roll the ridiculously stupid idea. Hence all the break even talk. It was out of necessity. Nothing else.

covcity4life

Disagree about that to a certain extent, if football was primarily about entertainment, people would switch clubs on a regular basis.
i agree but when clubs talk about running as a business then they need to give the consumer a reason to come

they profit from loyalty and when that wains it shows how bad the owners are imo

Users who are viewing this thread