Scunthorpe match thread (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Just looking above us in the league and there are better teams than us. We won't get top 6. Top half would be a realistic good season.

H

Huckerby

Fuck, the one part of the team that we did not need to destabilise is that back 3....

stupot07

Nothing like a defeat to bring the doom and gloom merchants out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covmark

Nothing like a defeat to bring the doom and gloom merchants out...

Far from doom and gloom. I'm saying we should be winning these games. Surely that's having confidence in our team?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Frostie

2.20933119.jpg 2.20933657.jpg
Doesn't capture it fully, it's one of those that could go either way but expect better from your captain & a senior pro.

stupot07

Wasn't aimed at you. Yes we should be beating teams like that, but you can't win them all, the big PL don't win them all, and even get beaten by teams they should be win against.

Kingokings204

I'm not saying we should fear anyone but I am a realist and we have a decent team and last night doesn't change that even though we lost to second bottom regardless.

Teams are quite simply better IMO preston, bristol city, Peterborough, mk dons, swindon and Sheffield united who came back and scored 3 goals in 5 mins to win something we never do.

Last night result was a hammer blow and it will have knock on effects. We lost against a poor relegation team and we have lost our captain and arguably our best player for 3 matches.

A big test for us will be rochdale and I certainly don't see us winning that one so we lose more ground again so I'm not saying we are a poor team etc I'm just saying last night highlights we are not top 6 material but top half would be a good realistic result come end of the season. Sorry it's only my opinion and it's realistic. Happy to be proved wrong.

shmmeee

So tHe verdict is that we'd have won with 11, their first was offside, the ref was a homer and we should've had a penalty?

as long as the players bounce back we'll be OK. You can have one or two of these games in a season as long as it doesn't impact performance after it.

MichaelCCFC

So tHe verdict is that we'd have won with 11, their first was offside, the ref was a homer and we should've had a penalty?

as long as the players bounce back we'll be OK. You can have one or two of these games in a season as long as it doesn't impact performance after it.

Haven't read the whole thread so apols if this has already have been posted, but it wasn't clear why we didn't make the change straight after the red card. That was the few minutes they equalised and we looked ragged. As soon as SP took one of the strikers off and brought Hines on we looked better. SP has set us up much more defensively this season and the change could have been made immediately. Their second goal was when we'd pushed up just a bit and they were able to inject a bit of pace rather than having to unpick 2 lines of 4. A really frustrating night cos when we went 1-0 up it looked really good for all three points but end up with nothing. Only other notable thing was Tetleys was £1.80 pint in pub along the road.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Haven't read the whole thread so apols if this has already have been posted, but it wasn't clear why we didn't make the change straight after the red card. That was the few minutes they equalised and we looked ragged. As soon as SP took one of the strikers off and brought Hines on we looked better. SP has set us up much more defensively this season and the change could have been made immediately. Their second goal was when we'd pushed up just a bit and they were able to inject a bit of pace rather than having to unpick 2 lines of 4. A really frustrating night cos when we went 1-0 up it looked really good for all three points but end up with nothing. Only other notable thing was Tetleys was £1.80 pint in pub along the road.
SP said they had used the 432 system with 10 men last year and it worked relatively well so decided to go with that initially, then changed it to 351 after the equaliser as it wasn't working.

MichaelCCFC

SP said they had used the 432 system with 10 men last year and it worked relatively well so decided to go with that initially, then changed it to 351 after the equaliser as it wasn't working.

Credit to him then for seeing it wan't working and changing it. Just a shame we didn't hold out till half time. With 11 I'm sure we'd have won comfortably cos Scunthorpe were poor

Users who are viewing this thread