Scousers…..pffffffffff (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

DeafeningUniqueAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

PoisedPlayfulEland-max-1mb.gif

letsallsingtogether

Aye they did but...

Back then, wasn't fighting on the terraces common place? Could it have easily been Liverpool fans running towards the wall with Juve chasing them? I'm not defending the trouble just saying....that could have been any teams fans in that era.
Not really it was the family end the cowards attacked fuck um sumbags.
Horrible club Horrible entitled fans.

LastGarrison

I live in liverpool and honestly the city gets such a bad name for no reason. It’s a lovely place really and the people are all very hospitable. I would implore those who think all scousers and the city of liverpool is bad to visit the city , it’s totally the opposite to be honest
There’s tinted glasses on both sides and I don’t think the Scousers help themselves with the whole Scouse not English thing.

I quite like Liverpool and have had a couple of good nights out there and have met some sound Scousers but let’s not pretend that like any big city that the city centre and the outskirts are pretty much two different places.

Liverpool has been the epicentre of crime, particularly drugs, for years and there is a part of it that thrives on its notoriety.

Too be fair they have a reason to have that insular mentality with Thatcher basically saying leave it to rot after the Toxteth riots but let’s not go with the sweeping generalisation that they’re all happy go lucky cheeky chappies as they’re not. And there is a horrible undercurrent that runs through the city.

oscillatewildly

Not really it was the family end the cowards attacked fuck um sumbags.
Horrible club Horrible entitled fans.
"Family end", at a European cup final in the '80's? Don't think so. If so there wasn't a great deal of family type behaviour from the Juve supporters who mainly populated that part of the terrace.
'Neutral zone' is what UEFA labelled it as I recall. Yeah right.

jimmyhillsfanclub

"Family end", at a European cup final in the '80's? Don't think so. If so there wasn't a great deal of family type behaviour from the Juve supporters who mainly populated that part of the terrace.
'Neutral zone' is what UEFA labelled it as I recall. Yeah right.

It was a disgrace that the UEFA showpiece game was held in such an utter shit-tip of a stadium......

...So mental to think the game actually went ahead stright after that.....

jimmyhillsfanclub

Aye they did but...

Back then, wasn't fighting on the terraces common place? Could it have easily been Liverpool fans running towards the wall with Juve chasing them? I'm not defending the trouble just saying....that could have been any teams fans in that era.

Yep...agree that in all probability the same thing would have happened if United, Spurs or Everton fans were involved (all of whom followed their teams & caused mayhem in the lesser european campaigns that year)......but it was the Liverpool fans

oscillatewildly

It was a disgrace that the UEFA showpiece game was held in such an utter shit-tip of a stadium......

...So mental to think the game actually went ahead stright after that.....
Absolutely shocking were the consequences of the scousers reaction to the provocation from the Italians on the other side of the fence and I hope those that were identified as being the main cause of the panic received the sentences they deserved.
You're absolutely right - not that any of us were to know it but that stadium was an accident that was waiting to happen - as were proven a couple of others in 1985.
So difficult to make the right call as to whether the game should have gone ahead.
I was in the Falklands at this time so no live broadcast. I didn't want to watch the game when we received it on video a week or so later and I've never seen it.

PurpleBin

Yep...agree that in all probability the same thing would have happened if United, Spurs or Everton fans were involved (all of whom followed their teams & caused mayhem in the lesser european campaigns that year)......but it was the Liverpool fans

Oh aye, of course. Just the way it's told a lot of the time is it happened because they were Liverpool fans and that's what Liverpool fans are like.

Older Cov fans often talk about "taking and end" at Wolves or wherever in the 60s...no different really. If the wall doesn't collapse it's another terrace fight that happened all over at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread