Scousers…..pffffffffff (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Been in Liverpool all weekend for a family 80th and a funeral ( not the same family member) so couldn’t do Blackburn. 2 talking points which I looked at through a Sky Blue lens.

1. spoke to a couple of Liverpool season ticket holders. Both separately said they had no idea which league Coventry played in these days.I just thought it was an incredibly irritating comment. Spoke to my family Liverpool season ticket holders and they agreed and said if it wasn’t for their odd Coventry supporting family member they wouldn’t have a clue either.

2.Went to Goodison to watch Everton. The atmosphere was appalling.I think we can be incredibly proud of how we support the team. Even when we are losing. I don’t enjoy watching premier league football but that’s because I have no vested interest. But I felt embarrassed to be amongst them today. I’ve got tickets for 2 other games before Xmas …. I won’t be going to either. My sister went around Anfield whilst I was at the game… that did look a really good experience.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Liverpool is one of the best cities I've ever visited. Fantastic place, lovely people and a great football team! (Liverpool FC!).
I've done the Anfield tour many years ago, (met Razor Ruddock there), and me and the missus went there for a long week-end just before Covid started and had a great week-end. Did the Beatles tour as well. It's well worth a couple of days out! (First pic from about 1992ish)
img010.jpg
IMG_7505.JPG
IMG_7522.JPG

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Been in Liverpool all weekend for a family 80th and a funeral ( not the same family member) so couldn’t do Blackburn. 2 talking points which I looked at through a Sky Blue lens.

1. spoke to a couple of Liverpool season ticket holders. Both separately said they had no idea which league Coventry played in these days.I just thought it was an incredibly irritating comment. Spoke to my family Liverpool season ticket holders and they agreed and said if it wasn’t for their odd Coventry supporting family member they wouldn’t have a clue either.

2.Went to Goodison to watch Everton. The atmosphere was appalling.I think we can be incredibly proud of how we support the team. Even when we are losing. I don’t enjoy watching premier league football but that’s because I have no vested interest. But I felt embarrassed to be amongst them today. I’ve got tickets for 2 other games before Xmas …. I won’t be going to either. My sister went around Anfield whilst I was at the game… that did look a really good experience.

On point one, I wouldn’t let it annoy you. With Liverpool being just down the road, I’m regularly in Liverpool and scousers are fantastic, welcoming people… just when it comes to football, they can be a bit weird.

You could have named any English football league team and unless you said Everton, United or City (so they can take the piss) they would have claimed not to know how you’re doing or what league you’re in!…It’s a ‘we’re that elite that we don’t know anyone else exists’ thing. They do the same with England (for well known reasons), where ever when we’re in World Cup Semis or Euros Finals, they’ll claim to have no idea or care how England are doing..

Don’t take it to heart, if it makes them feel more important then let them have their moment!

Sky Blue Harry H

Liverpool is one of the best cities I've ever visited. Fantastic place, lovely people and a great football team! (Liverpool FC!).
I've done the Anfield tour many years ago, (met Razor Ruddock there), and me and the missus went there for a long week-end just before Covid started and had a great week-end. Did the Beatles tour as well. It's well worth a couple of days out! (First pic from about 1992ish)
View attachment 22264.

If you think that bloke was Razor Ruddock, you were hoodwinked Houch !!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Fuck Liverpool. If it wasn’t for their scummy supporters we would have been playing European football in 88.
And in my warped mind… we’d have won the cup winners cup (we were better than Mechelen) signed better players, done better in the league this would have continued until we won the premier league.

basically That situation meant we’re not somewhere in the top 4 regularly

Sbarcher

View attachment 22264
View attachment 22265
View attachment 22266
Aren't you supposed to hold up a Liverpool shirt with your name on it and at the same time getting a back-slap from the manager?

Mcbean

This is not uncommon - was on hollies last week and there was one fella sat down to watch the Monday game on Sky - started a discussion with him he also had no idea what league we were in yet could spout shit about Manure - these people can’t live normal
Lives

Evo1883

Don't particularly like Liverpool football club or their fans .. don't mind Everton at all , went to goodison to watch them v Leicester a few years back , proper ground

biggymania

In Everton's defense... they're in a pretty weird / shitty situation at the moment. I don't think many of them really wanted Rafa in that job... it feels like it could be a dead-end appointment. Losing to Moyes' West Ham can't have been a fun watch yesterday.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've got no time for the red-shite.

Don't particularly like Liverpool football club or their fans .. don't mind Everton at all , went to goodison to watch them v Leicester a few years back , proper ground

Yep. Same...and to be fair, the grand old lady rocks when they've got even a glimmer of something to shout about......

In Everton's defense... they're in a pretty weird / shitty situation at the moment. I don't think many of them really wanted Rafa in that job... it feels like it could be a dead-end appointment. Losing to Moyes' West Ham can't have been a fun watch yesterday.

Yep...very true. They've gone from a team playing with a bit of Ancelloti swagger & fluidity to the big red fat spanish waiter already parking the bus at home against West Ham...all whilst their top 2 (and best) players have been out injured for several weeks....

the rumpo kid

View attachment 22264
View attachment 22265
View attachment 22266
Is that fonzy in the first photo ?

Liquid Gold

Everton are in a weird situation really.

They're too big and well funded to ever be in serious threat of relegation but they're not well funded or well run enough to ever challenge meaningully.

I'd rather support Norwich and have some drama.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I live in liverpool and honestly the city gets such a bad name for no reason. It’s a lovely place really and the people are all very hospitable. I would implore those who think all scousers and the city of liverpool is bad to visit the city , it’s totally the opposite to be honest

Sky Blue Harry H

I live in liverpool and honestly the city gets such a bad name for no reason. It’s a lovely place really and the people are all very hospitable. I would implore those who think all scousers and the city of liverpool is bad to visit the city , it’s totally the opposite to be honest

Agreed - my uncle visited there years ago and never came back - mainly due to the fact that his car wouldn't run without wheels.

Joking aside, I remember that when Liverpool were regular visitors to Highfield Road it was the one game that you would regularly hear 'please be advised that pickpockets are operating in the stadium'. Not sure whether that was due to actual pickpocketing occurring or a pre-determined announcement, due to 'prejudice', based on reputation.

Last edited:

PurpleBin

It’s not is it though? They killed 39 Juventus fans

Aye they did but...

Back then, wasn't fighting on the terraces common place? Could it have easily been Liverpool fans running towards the wall with Juve chasing them? I'm not defending the trouble just saying....that could have been any teams fans in that era.

oscillatewildly

Agreed - my uncle visited there years ago and never came back - mainly due to the fact that his car wouldn't run without wheels.

Joking aside, I remember that when Liverpool were regular visitors to Highfield Road it was the one game that you would regularly hear 'please be advised that pickpockets are operating in the stadium'. Not sure whether that was due to actual pickpocketing occurring or a pre-determined announcement, due to 'prejudice', based on reputation.
It was common practice for (skilled) pickpockets to travel to most well attended sporting events for what could reap rich pickings. Club loyalties playing little part.
Not sure it goes on that much now with the decline of standing terraces.
Horse race meetings maybe?
Oh and The Specials 30th anniversary show at the Ricoh annex.

duffer

This thread's worth it just for the HH centre-parting. :)

And I'd agree, I've always had a good time in Liverpool, (and Newcastle, and Bristol, Sheffield, etc etc.).

Personal opinion: Take people as you find them, make a few jokes at your own and your own team's expense, and you tend to find that most fans/people will do much the same.

The roughest and least friendly city I've ever lived in (imho) is my home town, but even here it's not too hard to get on with people, is it?

ovduk78

I talked to an Everton fan & a Leeds fan on my deliveries today in Central Scotland and both commented how well we are doing when I told them who I supported. Maybe it's because they have moved away and are interested in all the English leagues as I am or maybe it's not right to criticise all fans from PL clubs because of views from the some fans. I love telling people who I support & whilst it is currently a positive experience I have always been proud that I support them, hopefully I can get even more people to look out for our results!

Houchens Head

My niece lives in Liverpool also. She absolutely loves it there. She teaches at a secondary school there. She says she'd never come back to Coventry.

rob9872

My niece lives in Liverpool also. She absolutely loves it there. She teaches at a secondary school there. She says she'd never come back to Coventry.
English teacher? Piece of piss!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
🤣

Houchens Head

Aren't you supposed to hold up a Liverpool shirt with your name on it and at the same time getting a back-slap from the manager?
Nah. Here's one I made earlier with the Cov shirt!
Cov new manager.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread