School Protests (3 Viewers)

SBAndy

I see.

I really don’t see how either is comparable to this - the Hindu complaint is that they’d essentially been labelled terrorists in a standard issue textbook, and the Christian one is the USA. If these are the two best examples to show that other religions get their knickers in a twist in a similar manner then maybe the problem is even worse than I thought.

Grendel

I see.

I really don’t see how either is comparable to this - the Hindu complaint is that they’d essentially been labelled terrorists in a standard issue textbook, and the Christian one is the USA. If these are the two best examples to show that other religions get their knickers in a twist in a similar manner then maybe the problem is even worse than I thought.

I’m amazed the New York Times doesn’t constitute widely reported - it’s hardly going to appear in the Bradford observer is it

D

Deleted member 4439

The textbook wasn't standard issue, but used by the teacher in the school.

skybluetony176

I see.

They’re two examples. There’s more if you want to look, you will have to look though because Christianity especially doesn’t come under the same scrutiny as Islam.

SBAndy

The textbook wasn't standard issue, but used by the teacher in the school.

In which case, I’ve misinterpreted. Still, the basis is the same. I’d call that a legitimate complaint. For balance, if there was a textbook used labelling Muslims as terrorists I’d support their right to have that changed.

mrtrench

I don’t know why a teacher would want to do yoga in a classroom though. If for no other reason than it was easier not to. All he had to say was yoga exists. Job done, that’s religious education. Not satisfied with that this teacher actively looked for exercise mats, must have stumbled across how controversial a subject it is and at no point thought to themselves I better not do that. I’d question that teachers ability to be a teacher.

D

Deleted member 4439

It's not irrational. It's absolutely barbaric and cruel.

I haven't eaten meat for almost 3 years now, and I wouldn't again. Doesn't mean I want to stop everyone else, but the treatment of animals is a disgrace.

Also, if you think free speech is dangerous. Try living somewhere where there isn't any.

Quite agree that halal meat is a dreadful practice. But let's remember that 90% of pigs in the UK are gassed to death. Hard call as to which is worse. In fact, I believe the animals legally killed in UK halal abattoirs are stunned first, whereas pigs that are gassed die more slowly of suffocation.

Something to think on when you have your bacon sandwich.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrtrench

I don’t know why a teacher would want to do Maths in a classroom though. If for no other reason than it was easier not to. All he had to say was maths exists. Job done, that’s scientific education. Not satisfied with that this teacher actively looked for compasses and rulers, must have stumbled across how controversial a subject it is and at no point thought to themselves I better not do that. I’d question that teachers ability to be a teacher.

mrtrench

I don’t know why a teacher would want to do History in a classroom though. If for no other reason than it was easier not to. All he had to say was stuff happened. Job done, that’s education. Not satisfied with that this teacher actively looked for source materials, must have stumbled across how controversial a subject it is and at no point thought to themselves I better not do that. I’d question that teachers ability to be a teacher.

Grendel

To be fair The Tonester has a point - I’m amazed this wasn’t discussed in parliament at the time

D

Deleted member 4439

In which case, I’ve misinterpreted. Still, the basis is the same. I’d call that a legitimate complaint. For balance, if there was a textbook used labelling Muslims as terrorists I’d support their right to have that changed.

Don't disagree. In that this case the Awarding Body logo was used without permission and the textbook wasn't endorsed by them.

mrtrench

I don’t know why a teacher would want to do anything in a classroom though. If for no other reason than it was easier not to...

My teachers certainly didn't fill my head with anything and I'm all the better for it

giphy.gif

Grendel

You do make me laugh, Tony. Never change.

His obtuse alter ego probably told him to use that Avatar as it looks really macho

skybluetony176

Quite agree that halal meat is a dreadful practice. But let's remember that 90% of pigs in the UK are gassed to death. Hard call as to which is worse. In fact, I believe the animals legally killed in UK halal abattoirs are stunned first, whereas pigs that are gassed die more slowly of suffocation.

Something to think on when you have your bacon sandwich.
Male chicks are routinely macerated while still alive in the U.K. as they have no value in the meat industry and can’t lay eggs. Something to think about if you an egg in your bacon sandwich.

Grendel

Is today national poke Tony day or something?

Its the first time I’ve made an effort to briefly remove him off ignore. Nothing changes. Does the Tonester ever comment on any football related matter or does he stick to Willy Wokeland with his new found internet chums?

skybluetony176

Its the first time I’ve made an effort to briefly remove him off ignore. Nothing changes. Does the Tonester ever comment on any football related matter or does he stick to Willy Wokeland with his new found internet chums?
I’ve met you and for the benefit of anyone who hasn’t I can confirm that this is a grown man. Willy Wokeland indeed.

PVA

I suggest you look up the meaning of woke. Probably not something you should be mocking.

Though obviously I'm not surprised you find notion of someone being anti-racism something to mock.

mrtrench

I suggest you look up the meaning of woke. Probably not something you should be mocking.

Though obviously I'm not surprised you find notion of someone being anti-racism something to mock.

Mocking wokery is a hate crime. Or blasphemy. Or both.

We should lock the fucker up and throw away the key.

PVA

Mocking wokery is a hate crime. Or blasphemy. Or both.

We should lock the fucker up and throw away the key.

As I said to him, I suggest you look up the meaning of woke.

Then come back and tell me if you're still against it or find it funny.

Then you'll either have to admit you are not in favour of social and racial justice, or you'll have to admit you didn't know what it means. Which one is it?

mrtrench

As I said to him, I suggest you look up the meaning of woke.

Then come back and tell me if you're still against it or find it funny.

Then you'll either have to admit you are not in favour of social and racial justice, or you'll have to admit you didn't know what it means. Which one is it?

Tony, I'm sorry, PVA is my new favourite. There will always be a place in my heart for you but PVA is a top, top SJW.

Of course I'm not in favour of social and racial justice... I'm literally Hitler!

I'm also against climate justice; Black Lives Matter and I don't care where Jews live... At weekends I go around in a mob constructing new statues. I don't even know all the lyrics to "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn"!

Now this may sound bad to you, but everyone judges fascism by Hitler, which is a lazy trope. I think that real fascism has never been tried and the world will be a much better place when the world is entirely fascist. It'll be a Utopia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread