School Protests (4 Viewers)

Grendel

Again, not what i said.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Im sure the Tonester and Obtuse are the same poster - when we had those turgid bouts between the 2 of them - not so much the thriller in Manilla as the Dull of Hull - with the one brain cell as the Belt - I’m sure it was to gauge forum opinion to decide the winner

David O'Day

Tony, we're being unfair to you. We should give you more time. Get in touch with Woke HQ, find out what you're supposed to think and get back to us when you've been told your opinion.

What I will say is that we ever met and you were being unfairly attacked, verbally or physically, I would stand up for you - even in the knowledge that you'd have me arrested for a non-crime hate incident under the same circumstances.

Fucking state of this reply

Grendel

Fucking state of this reply

Hello David no doubt you’ll now be telling us about your infinite knowledge of the Muslim community based on when you showed up at a mosque in Islington while singing my old mans a dustman

At least the council flat bit was probably true

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s no more barbaric than any slaughter of meat. You just don’t have what goes on in abattoirs rammed down your throat like you are when it comes to halal meat.

Free speech is not free of consequences, such as the right to be offended from that free speech. You could also argue that the protesters are also demonstrating they’re right to free speech.

Was that a serious post?

ccfc92

I don't know what it's like in other schools, but an RE teacher I used to know, it was (nowadays) as much about showing the differing faiths in the world (including agnosticism/atheism) as championing one / many faith(s). That seems reasonable to me.

My CE/Catholic school RE teacher really pushed Islam on us.

IIRC, we spent a whole year on it.

skybluetony176

My crimes so far

Pointed out that Islam unlike most religions don’t promote imagery of God or Muhammad and in fact see it as blasphemy so you can’t judge Islam against Christianity etc and say they should take it on the chin because other religions do.

Pointed out that although blasphemy itself is no longer a crime it can still be used as a hate crime. Which is true.

Said it was a stupid idea in the first place. Not sure anyone can argue that given the grief it’s caused.

What I’ve not done

Called for the Teacher to be suspended.
Called for the teacher to be charged for a hate crime.
Called for a prison sentence.

I hope that helps.

David O'Day

Question, if a teacher had done things that5 were seen as blasphemy to Christians and Christians were picketing a school would the usual suspects be so angry?

skybluetony176

Should they be protesting outside a school and trying to put the teachers name online? No

Should a teacher in an RE lesson do something that will offend the religion of some of his students? No

End of really
I do think that they have the right to protest though. You can’t have free speech for one section of society and not another. Those giving his personal details out should be dealt with by the law though.

skybluetony176

Question, if a teacher had done things that5 were seen as blasphemy to Christians and Christians were picketing a school would the usual suspects be so angry?
Christians kicked off a couple of years ago when the school their children went to were taught Yoga. They kicked off because it’s part of the Hindu belief system and they didn’t want Hindu beliefs “forced” on their children. Barely made the news.

PVA

Few of the usual suspects in here absolutely desperate for this guy to be beheaded so they can be even more outraged.

TomRad85

You said that they are forcing their beliefs on them. Are they not allowed to exercise their right to free speech and say they’ve been offended?
They aren't just saying they are offended, they are demanding action to be taken. Thus they are attempting to force their beliefs on others. Its really not difficult to grasp.

David O'Day

I do think that they have the right to protest though. You can’t have free speech for one section of society and not another. Those giving his personal details out should be dealt with by the law though.

Being outside and scaring kids and parents doesn't sit well with me though and reminds me of the Holy Cross protests (The usual suspects on here would probably have supported them)/

Grendel

Standard OTT nonsense.

He’s probably upset as there’s no Eastern European’s on poverty wages around to wash his Metro at the moment

mrtrench

It’s a truthful post. Animals raised for food don’t have an easy life from start to finish. Just because Muslims put them out of their misery in a different way doesn’t make it more barbaric. The whole practice of raising animals for food is barbaric.

I love how your avatar has his hands on his hips, Tony.

It helps me to imagine you standing away from your keyboard, hands on hips saying "That told them! Now I must finish that post about micro-aggressions in boxing... double-checking all my there/their/they'res to ensure they are incorrect and putting apostrophes before the s in every plural."

PVA

He’s probably upset as there’s no Eastern European’s on poverty wages around to wash his Metro at the moment

Oh you're still trying to claim I'm racist for being pro freedom of movement? 😂 Coming from the man who despises foreigners? Piss off you daft old racist.

SBAndy

Christians kicked off a couple of years ago when the school their children went to were taught Yoga. They kicked off because it’s part of the Hindu belief system and they didn’t want Hindu beliefs “forced” on their children. Barely made the news.

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of that story? And the Hindu one about the book (or whatever was the case) as well?

David O'Day

It helps me to imagine you standing away from your keyboard, hands on hips saying "That told them! Now I must finish that post about micro-aggressions in boxing... double-checking all my there/their/they'res to ensure they are incorrect and putting apostrophes before the s in every plural."

All that effort for a post as shit as that?

SBAndy

I know that I would be. And I have a feeling that people would be more willing to put their head above the parapet and tell them to fuck off.

Grendel

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of that story? And the Hindu one about the book (or whatever was the case) as well?

Ooops that wiki link let’s hope it’s an accurate one

skybluetony176

skybluetony176

Whatever floats your boat. Have you considered a dating app?

Grendel

On yoga I think the claim it was recent is pushing it and it made headline news

Users who are viewing this thread