SCG Minutes via Coventry City Mad (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think this is brilliant news the club have changed their mind about closing a stand on the basis of 10 people being canvassed. So on this basis I have canvassed hundreds of fans and I'm now expecting us to be playing at the Ricoh next season:p:claping hands:

Brighton Sky Blue

Because its their choice whether to go or not. You wont go on principle so why bother trying to pretend you might if the club rolled out the red carpet for you.

I can't go anyway because of geography but the decision to pull the club out was theirs and theirs alone. Fans shouldn't be charged extra for an inconvenience incurred by the owners-even Brighton's fans got free bus travel out to Gillingham...

lewys33

Just two points.

Free travel would most probably cost them the price of a season ticket.

The right direction would be going to the Ricoh and not Northampton.

Yh I agree, but I am just pointing out the fact I don't think the club make enough effort to get the fans flooding to sixfields, and I am surprised the FL haven't picked up on this.

ccfcway

Yh I agree, but I am just pointing out the fact I don't think the club make enough effort to get the fans flooding to sixfields, and I am surprised the FL haven't picked up on this.

Why would they. They have seen the School art project winners drawing of a new stadium, they are happy.

AndreasB

Lets not forget the first game at Sixfields was spiked by the Charity game which was shamefully turned into a Sisu Out rally complete with Joe Elliot being treated as the second coming.
People should hang their heads in shame for attending that instead of supporting the team

Nick

Administrator

I agree, they could have done a lot more PR wise.

duffer

Lets not forget the first game at Sixfields was spiked by the Charity game which was shamefully turned into a Sisu Out rally complete with Joe Elliot being treated as the second coming.
People should hang their heads in shame for attending that instead of supporting the team

In your opinion. Plenty of of others, including me, would say you're talking rubbish.

And let's not forget all of the other games at Sixfields where the attendance was pathetic. When the team come back to Coventry, they'll have my support at home games - until then and like the other 80-90% of CCFC fans, I'm staying away.

AndreasB

In your opinion. Plenty of of others, including me, would say you're talking rubbish.

And let's not forget all of the other games at Sixfields where the attendance was pathetic. When the team come back to Coventry, they'll have my support at home games - until then and like the other 80-90% of CCFC fans, I'm staying away.

That game made people take sides on the opening weekend - plenty of people have told me they would like to go to sixfields but were scared of the reaction. Its not rubbish, its a sheep mentality where people followed the shouty mob unfortunately.

duffer

That game made people take sides on the opening weekend - plenty of people have told me they would like to go to sixfields but were scared of the reaction. Its not rubbish, its a sheep mentality where people followed the shouty mob unfortunately.

Right - the 10,000+ supporters who aren't going to Sixfields and haven't done in every game since the opening day are sheep.

If you want to go to sixfields, you go mate. Just don't pretend that the rest of us aren't going because we're sheep - that's bullshit and you know it.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Right - the 10,000+ supporters who aren't going to Sixfields and haven't done in every game since the opening day are sheep.

If you want to go to sixfields, you go mate. Just don't pretend that the rest of us aren't going because we're sheep - that's bullshit and you know it.

Baaaaaaaa of course we're not

James Smith

Not by me he wasn't - not a huge fan of Saint Joe of Coventry. Were you at the charity match because comments made about him and his bringing Sisu to the club by some of the people sitting near me went well into the slanderous and offensive.

AndreasB

Not by me he wasn't - not a huge fan of Saint Joe of Coventry. Were you at the charity match because comments made about him and his bringing Sisu to the club by some of the people sitting near me went well into the slanderous and offensive.

No I was at Sixfields that day supporting the team but made to feel like a scab by not joining in the sick jamboree at the Ricoh. I have seen the footage and Eliot appears like Jesus with not much dissent I could hear.

chiefdave

I went to the charity game and I don't know when all this stuff about Joe being welcomed like some sort of God happened as I certainly didn't see it.

I went for various reasons: I was in Cov visiting my family, Hucks was playing and he's one of my favourites and it was for charity.

There was some SISU Out stuff at the end of the game and the chap doing the announcing (former player who's name has totally escaped me) made a couple of references to bringing the club home when he was doing his thing but that was about it. I think the vast majority of people there wanted to see the former players and / or support a charity.

duffer

No I was at Sixfields that day supporting the team but made to feel like a scab by not joining in the sick jamboree at the Ricoh. I have seen the footage and Eliot appears like Jesus with not much dissent I could hear.

You were made to feel like a scab because of something going on over 35 miles away? You must have great hearing.

And you didn't actually attend the charity game, but you choose to describe it in perjorative terms based on a few moments of mobile phone footage.

If you felt guilty for going to Sixfields on the opening day then that's a matter for you and your conscience - let's not pretend it was anything to do with what was going on at the Ricoh on that day or since, eh.

J

Jack Griffin

Note the clash of times was not deliberate, the charity game was originally scheduled on Sunday to avoid the CCFC that should have been played on Sat, it was the move to Sixfields that caused the clash, not the other way round as Andreas disingenuously suggests.

And there was no shame in attending..

AndreasB

Note the clash of times was not deliberate, the charity game was originally scheduled on Sunday to avoid the CCFC that should have been played on Sat, it was the move to Sixfields that caused the clash, not the other way round as Andreas disingenuously suggests.

And there was no shame in attending..

Except it was shamefully hi jacked as a SISU out parade and you all lapped it up.

mrbluesky87

Except it was shamefully hi jacked as a SISU out parade and you all lapped it up.

Loved every minute of it, that was my only game I went to this season with my lad and funny because he became a Huckerby fan after that.

Why not lap it up anyway, I do want SISU out and CCFC back at the Ricoh, seemed as good as place as any to make a point.

What did you do that day to make a point, everybody shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buster

Probably the people doing "worship" actions towards Joe Elliott or the people who came round asking for groups of people to sing SISU out for photos....
Oh you mean us fans. Sorry i thought he meant some dastardly third party was involved somehow.

covcity4life

Loved every minute of it, that was my only game I went to this season with my lad and funny because he became a Huckerby fan after that.

Why not lap it up anyway, I do want SISU out and CCFC back at the Ricoh, seemed as good as place as any to make a point.

What did you do that day to make a point, everybody shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

add a fuck off council and i got no issues with you hombre

Nick

Administrator
Sorry to hear that. But I hope you told her that Sky Blue Sam was taken away by naughty people but that one day he will be back:D

She liked him because every time she had been previously he had kicked a ball and she had got it (got about 3 or 4 in the garden) so she thought that happened every week.

She thinks he is on holiday at the minute, but to be honest she has got into horse riding and dancing instead :(

AndreasB

Ah yes, the old canard trotted out on here all time - better to have some misguided belief you are acting on principle than actually think for yourself and take your kids along to Sixfields.

mrbluesky87

So CCFC fans aren't people?

You were asking people to sing SISU out for photos or you were singing it?

Nick they are people but I am sure normally you would have said "asking the fans", apologies if I read in to that too much.
I was one of those singing and again I dont see where the problem is with that?

Nick

Administrator
Nick they are people but I am sure normally you would have said "asking the fans", apologies if I read in to that too much.
I was one of those singing and again I dont see where the problem is with that?

I don't see the problem if that is how people feel. No issue at all. My "dig" was at the people coming around asking for people to do it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread