SCG Minutes via Coventry City Mad (1 Viewer)

DaleM

Great news . I'm sure all CCFC fans are over the mofo moon at this truly great news. The club really do listen .

Major Breakthrough for the SCG tonight !!!

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ty-north-stand-league-one-300414-1520210.aspx

Fans raised the issue in the Supporters Consultative Group and the club has actioned the fans' wishes...

Sky Blues supporters will be able to continue to watch games from behind the goal at Sixfields next season.

The club had contacted Season Ticket holders in the North Stand to say it would not be operating for City matches next season but offered them a move to another area of the ground at no extra cost.

But the Sky Blues Supporters Consultative Group, set up to bring supporters’ views to the club, raised the issue of fans who pay on a match-by-match basis wanting the stand to remain open.

The item was discussed at the SCG meeting last week and the club has now decided to offer tickets in the North Stand for the coming campaign.

Tim Fisher, CEO of Coventry City, said the decision emphasised the important role of the SCG.

“On paper there were practical reasons for not having the stand open and when we spoke to the Season Ticket holders there before we went on sale for next season, the majority did not have a problem taking seats elsewhere in the ground.

“But Darren Davies, a member of the SCG, had canvassed supporters – Season Ticket holders and those who pay on a match-by-match basis – in the North Stand and it was very clear that there were a significant number of people who wanted to stay behind the goal.

“The SCG discussed the matter last week, we said we were only too happy to look into it, and have decided to keep the North Stand open.

“Any Season Ticket holders who have already bought tickets elsewhere will be offered the chance to return to the North Stand if they wish. We have already started informing supporters –some have taken up the offer to move back to the North Stand and some have chosen to stay in their new seats.

“It is really important there is a two-way dialogue between the club and the supporters and that is the whole point of the SCG. We are really pleased that the matter was raised and was resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.”

The SCG is made up of supporters’ representatives and meets with club staff and officials every month.

ccfcway

Great news . I'm sure all CCFC fans are over the mofo moon at this truly great news. The club really do listen .

Stayed up in league one, score board is getting sorted and now they are keeping a stand open.

Things really do come in threes !

SonOfSnoz

Moan, moan, moan....what's the big deal! We only got a few bodies in the north stand.
Though why should Cov fans not be behind the goal, away fans are?
Sisu alienating yet more fans!

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

wingy

To keep the club afloat thanks to low home attendances?
But they knew those when they told SP there would be money to spend In January before the cup run and the sale of Clarke and may I add the Injection of capital to get rid of the embargo In December.

pw362

Darren Davies member of SCG if you are on here. What about canvassing the people you work with. Your the only one of our workforce that goes to sixfields so how are you representing every day fans.

blueflint

after reading that load of bull i can't see a return to the ricoh only further doom for us fans

blueflint

Major Breakthrough for the SCG tonight !!!

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ty-north-stand-league-one-300414-1520210.aspx

Fans raised the issue in the Supporters Consultative Group and the club has actioned the fans' wishes...

Sky Blues supporters will be able to continue to watch games from behind the goal at Sixfields next season.

The club had contacted Season Ticket holders in the North Stand to say it would not be operating for City matches next season but offered them a move to another area of the ground at no extra cost.

But the Sky Blues Supporters Consultative Group, set up to bring supporters’ views to the club, raised the issue of fans who pay on a match-by-match basis wanting the stand to remain open.

The item was discussed at the SCG meeting last week and the club has now decided to offer tickets in the North Stand for the coming campaign.

Tim Fisher, CEO of Coventry City, said the decision emphasised the important role of the SCG.

“On paper there were practical reasons for not having the stand open and when we spoke to the Season Ticket holders there before we went on sale for next season, the majority did not have a problem taking seats elsewhere in the ground.

“But Darren Davies, a member of the SCG, had canvassed supporters – Season Ticket holders and those who pay on a match-by-match basis – in the North Stand and it was very clear that there were a significant number of people who wanted to stay behind the goal.

“The SCG discussed the matter last week, we said we were only too happy to look into it, and have decided to keep the North Stand open.

“Any Season Ticket holders who have already bought tickets elsewhere will be offered the chance to return to the North Stand if they wish. We have already started informing supporters –some have taken up the offer to move back to the North Stand and some have chosen to stay in their new seats.

“It is really important there is a two-way dialogue between the club and the supporters and that is the whole point of the SCG. We are really pleased that the matter was raised and was resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.”

The SCG is made up of supporters’ representatives and meets with club staff and officials every month.

significant number ha ha ha 60 season tickets is now significant we are doomed

mrbluesky87

What a pointless meeting that turned out to be, glad the tough questions were asked. I'm becoming less interested in the club day by day. Anyway at least the scoreboard problem is being resolved.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd still like to know how the club justifies charging fans for coach travel to and from Northampton, no matter how they try to dress it up as a 'bargain' price. Anybody care to raise it at the next SCG?

pw362

I'd still like to know how the club justifies charging fans for coach travel to and from Northampton, no matter how they try to dress it up as a 'bargain' price. Anybody care to raise it at the next SCG?

Asked Darren Davies on more than one occasion to ask this question but as far as I can tell from reading SCG meeting minutes he never has.

Brighton Sky Blue

Asked Darren Davies on more than one occasion to ask this question but as far as I can tell from reading SCG meeting minutes he never has.

The fans have already been treated like garbage courtesy of the club being taken out of the city and the powers that be now see fit to make a bit of money on the side off the back of having to go to Northampton to watch. Just looks like a way of ostensibly lowering ticket prices because they know it will cost extra for the majority to get out there to games. Ticket prices should be the same and the travel should be free.

georgehudson

it would appear from the variety of 'spouts' from messrs TF or ML, that in reality,
they have NO REGARD FOR THE FANS,
indeed the level of disdain has been highlighted by TF on many occasions,
yet, with the blessing of the parent company he (TF), gets rewarded in a suitable fashion,
Football League, or Football Association, time for you lot to sort out the mess,
that in my humble opinion, you have created, through dereliction of duty

J

Jack Griffin

What bull, they've ignored the elephant in the room.

skybluesam66

To keep the club afloat thanks to low home attendances?

do you really realise what you wrote there?????

try - "to keep the club afloat due to the mindless and neglectful ignorance of the owners - removing the club from its very loyal fans and customer base - and its home . To a place where the fans said they would not travel to"

remember Fisher being laughed at when he suggested gates of between 3000 - 7000
Remember them mentioning they didnt do proper due diligence when they bought the club

Well nor did they do proper due diligence when they moved to Northampton

So dont for a minute put the blame on the fans

AndreasB

The fans have already been treated like garbage courtesy of the club being taken out of the city and the powers that be now see fit to make a bit of money on the side off the back of having to go to Northampton to watch. Just looks like a way of ostensibly lowering ticket prices because they know it will cost extra for the majority to get out there to games. Ticket prices should be the same and the travel should be free.

It's outrageous. You should be picked up and dropped off from your house for every game AT SISUs EXPENSE. And your ticket should still be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewys33

I dont see why you couldn't get free travel from the centre to sixfields with your purchase of a season ticket. Would be a nice gesture and would be going in the right direction.

Astute

I dont see why you couldn't get free travel from the centre to sixfields with your purchase of a season ticket. Would be a nice gesture and would be going in the right direction.

Just two points.

Free travel would most probably cost them the price of a season ticket.

The right direction would be going to the Ricoh and not Northampton.

SonOfSnoz

do you really realise what you wrote there?????

try - "to keep the club afloat due to the mindless and neglectful ignorance of the owners - removing the club from its very loyal fans and customer base - and its home . To a place where the fans said they would not travel to"

remember Fisher being laughed at when he suggested gates of between 3000 - 7000
Remember them mentioning they didnt do proper due diligence when they bought the club

Well nor did they do proper due diligence when they moved to Northampton

So dont for a minute put the blame on the fans

AGREE!
All current season ticket holders should get free travel from Cov.
Least the owners should do!

Brighton Sky Blue

It's outrageous. You should be picked up and dropped off from your house for every game AT SISUs EXPENSE. And your ticket should still be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should people be charged for the inconvenience of going to watch their team 35 miles away from where it should be?

Leamington Pete

Great news that the club have listened to the season ticket holders in the North Stand and will now be keeping it open on match days. I wonder if they'll close it if neither of them can make it?

AndreasB

Why should people be charged for the inconvenience of going to watch their team 35 miles away from where it should be?

Because its their choice whether to go or not. You wont go on principle so why bother trying to pretend you might if the club rolled out the red carpet for you.

Users who are viewing this thread