SCG Meeting (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Jan

Really appreciate it thanks.

Interesting that Wilson is worth the gamble but not Reda (a proven game winner at this level)
Suggests to me that maybe Reda's attitude might be the issue not the injury record.
Unless he signs Reda as well and they hopefully get injured at different times.
Good to see he believes 5-6 need signing as it is at least that at a minimum

ashbyjan

Don - MV stated that TM is massive fan of Reda and says we are a much better team with him in it but at the moment the players contract expectations (money and length of contract) do not reflect his injury history nor fit in with budget. They would like do do something with him but at the moment there is nothing doing but they certainly haven't shut the door on him.

Esoterica

Don - MV stated that TM is massive fan of Reda and says we are a much better team with him in it but at the moment the players contract expectations (money and length of contract) do not reflect his injury history nor fit in with budget. They would like do do something with him but at the moment there is nothing doing but they certainly haven't shut the door on him.
With his record, shutting the door on him will see him injured for another 6 months.

Grendel

Jan

Really appreciate it thanks.

Interesting that Wilson is worth the gamble but not Reda (a proven game winner at this level)
Suggests to me that maybe Reda's attitude might be the issue not the injury record.
Unless he signs Reda as well and they hopefully get injured at different times.
Good to see he believes 5-6 need signing as it is at least that at a minimum

If he is fit enough Wilson is a lot better than Johnson. I am surprised we could be in the slightest bit competitive with wages.

ashbyjan

Ash - any hint on a striker coming in? Clarke was a target for Mogga but was Sordell the second choice?

When asked about targets he wouldn't be drawn on individuals but stated we needed striker, central midfielder, left and right wingbacks and another centre half in addition to Wilson). He was pleased with youngsters and hoped some of them would come through as they all showed promise but the jump from U21 to first team is often too big for some

skybluebeduff

Should MV even have to stress to the board how important the academy is?

Unsure about Maddison money, thus proving the club hasn't seen any of it?

Vincelot money would be available to him if needed? It is needed, why hasn't it been given straight away?

Honestly, what a crock of shit.

rupert_bear

I would definitely consider Reda Johnson on a years contract, I know his injury record is a concern but we know the player can perform at this level. It would give us Reda, kelvin Wilson, Willis, Ricketts, Stokes if needed and Harries, would actually buy him and youngster Leahy time to further develop. If young Kelly-Evans can grab the right back spot I think he can that would be a bonus.

ashbyjan

With Maddison money he is saying that as far as he is aware the money stayed in the club but those sorts of things didn't come under his remit but it certainly seemed that none of it went into the playing budget. The Vincelot money is there for him to use as and when the opportunity arises - so it has been given to him to use.

Grendel

wingy

Anderson confirmed last season it wasn't used on the playing budget it's old news.
Due to a heavy workload,format change on this site and a diminishing interest in affairs, could this mean Jodi Jones fee has come from this season's budget?
Potentially explaining why things seem so tight this window?

Nick

Administrator
Due to a heavy workload,format change on this site and a diminishing interest in affairs, could this mean Jodi Jones fee has come from this season's budget?
Potentially explaining why things seem so tight this window?
Can't blame me for the budget :)

robbiekeane

Jesus christ it's not rocket science is it. I can't work out whether people are stupid or are deliberately misinterpreting things just to hammer home the we hate SISU sentiment?

The club has been making losses for god knows how long. Including last year if i'm not mistaken. So of the (probably overestimated) £3m fee for Maddison, I'd assume we'd get what, 25% of that up front? So £750k? Did we not make £2m losses last year? So that would probably have gone to cover some of those losses.

That is still reinvesting in the club. What's the alternative? SISU pump more funds in as loans (as they will want it back at some point in the unlikely event that a Sheikh comes a knocking), and then people can moan about the interest they are charging on it?

Can't win. There's no hope for you lot to be happy so it's little wonder they keep things close to their chest

italiahorse

Jesus christ it's not rocket science is it. I can't work out whether people are stupid or are deliberately misinterpreting things just to hammer home the we hate SISU sentiment?

The club has been making losses for god knows how long. Including last year if i'm not mistaken. So of the (probably overestimated) £3m fee for Maddison, I'd assume we'd get what, 25% of that up front? So £750k? Did we not make £2m losses last year? So that would probably have gone to cover some of those losses.

That is still reinvesting in the club. What's the alternative? SISU pump more funds in as loans (as they will want it back at some point in the unlikely event that a Sheikh comes a knocking), and then people can moan about the interest they are charging on it?

Can't win. There's no hope for you lot to be happy so it's little wonder they keep things close to their chest

It has to be a balance.
IMHO Sisu should have taken a punt last Xmas when we were in with a good chance of promotion.

robbiekeane

It has to be a balance.
IMHO Sisu should have taken a punt last Xmas when we were in with a good chance of promotion.
How many players did we sign in January transfer window??? I'm sure it was 3 or 4?
I remember Mowbray coming out shortly beforehand saying that the owners have told me they won't say know if it's the right signing too. Surely that's extra backing? I like Mowbray but he royally f'd it up. Trying to sign old heads to come in and steady the ship when they just weren't into it.

But you don't remember that because it's not anti-SISU

italiahorse

How many players did we sign in January transfer window??? I'm sure it was 3 or 4?
I remember Mowbray coming out shortly beforehand saying that the owners have told me they won't say know if it's the right signing too. Surely that's extra backing? I like Mowbray but he royally f'd it up. Trying to sign old heads to come in and steady the ship when they just weren't into it.

But you don't remember that because it's not anti-SISU

TM could only spend what he was given, surely ? Hence the compromise on the quality of players coming in.
I'm saying Sisu should have put some extra money in once TM had placed the team in a good position at Xmas.
Just for the record .... I confirm that I believe Sisu are diabolical owners, have done nothing for this club other than take us over and we should tell them at every opportunity that they should go.

Captain Dart

I don't agree with splashing money out, but the first few years of SISU involvement were disastrous, instead of cutting costs, steadying the ship and getting the Arena lease they faffed around dabbling with a half hearted attempt at promotion to the Prem, then embarked on an ill considered strategy to scew every body else involved.

Considering the amount of cash they've spunked they could easily have been at break even and have a 100 year lease on the Ricoh by now, if only they'd been prepared to pay approx market rate to cover the ACL loan in full. That package would be worth enough for SISU to offload at a tidy profit & we would all have said well done, the future looks rosy.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

I don't agree with splashing money out, but the first few years of SISU involvement were disastrous, instead of cutting costs, steadying the ship and getting the Arena lease they faffed around dabbling with a half hearted attempt at promotion to the Prem, then an ill considered strategy to scew every body else involved.

Considering the amount of cash they've spunked they could easily have been at break even and have a 100 year lease on the Ricoh if only they'd been prepared to pay approx market rate to cover the ACL loan in full. That package would be worth enough for SISU to offload at a tidy profit & we would all have said well done, the future looks rosy.
Just to be clear, im not a fan of SISU. They have ballsed an awful lot of stuff up and IMO are at fault for a few catastrophic events, and that's unforgivable. But that doesn't make all of the fairtytales people are telling credible.

robbiekeane

TM could only spend what he was given, surely ? Hence the compromise on the quality of players coming in.
I'm saying Sisu should have put some extra money in once TM had placed the team in a good position at Xmas.
Just for the record .... I confirm that I believe Sisu are diabolical owners, have done nothing for this club other than take us over and we should tell them at every opportunity that they should go.
I doubt Steven Hunt, Peter Ramage, Henderson, and whoever else we signed (did we extend Bigi?) were cheap at all. I think we could have got some solid League 2 players for less wages, and I think they would have been better.

italiahorse

That's always worked out well for us in the past!

I'm not saying chuck money in at the start of the season. I'm saying that if we are in with a chance at Xmas, like last year, then give it a punt.
There's no point in owning a football club if you don't want to increase its value/visibility. Or is there ??

dongonzalos

If he is fit enough Wilson is a lot better than Johnson. I am surprised we could be in the slightest bit competitive with wages.

I am surprised about the wages.
I don't know enough about Wilson to be honest.
Let's hope when he plays the stats for us are the same when Johnson plays

dongonzalos

Ah that makes sense
Fair comment
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread