SCG last night ??? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Just to clarify the position with the minutes as I was mistaken and the statement about only publishing after they appeared on club website was an idea that was later changed - it was actually agreed that to stop anyone jumping the gun and publishing minutes before anyone else that there was a general agreement that no one would publish the minutes until 10.00 the morning after they were signed off. It was felt this was the fairest way to ensure even distribution among the various groups with representation on the SCG. Also the minutes are not written by the club but by the partner of one of the members.

So you're not allowed to talk about it at all until the minutes are agreed?

SkyBlueScottie

Can we not merge this thread with the one from last month or the month before that or before that about who are and what was said at the SCG?

Noggin

Can we not merge this thread with the one from last month or the month before that or before that about who are and what was said at the SCG?

why? then anyone who wants to know about the recent meeting has to wade through 20 pages, they wernt very nice pages either

J

Jack Griffin

Just to clarify the position with the minutes as I was mistaken and the statement about only publishing after they appeared on club website was an idea that was later changed - it was actually agreed that to stop anyone jumping the gun and publishing minutes before anyone else that there was a general agreement that no one would publish the minutes until 10.00 the morning after they were signed off. It was felt this was the fairest way to ensure even distribution among the various groups with representation on the SCG. Also the minutes are not written by the club but by the partner of one of the members.

The last 3 sets of minutes are authored by Nick Connoll, he is noted as the Head of Communications apparently.
Are you saying he is not an employee of the club, it seems unlikely?

This page is the last set of minutes, the first 2 lines are Thu 27 Feb 2014, Author: Nick Connoll
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/scg-minutes-february-meeting-270214-1385635.aspx

This page http://www.ccfc.co.uk/club/boardroom/ lists him & his title
MARKETING, PUBLIC RELATIONS & PUBLICATIONS

Publications Editor/Graphic Designer: Carl Newell
Graphic Designer: Matt Hyde
Head of Communications: Nick Connoll
Communications Officer: Kieran Crowley
Marketing Manager: Stacie McDermott

Club Statistician: Jim Brown

Matty_CCFC

AshbyJan
Who does the minutes?
Also as a supporter I have a question I would like put to the SCG, how do I do this?
Who is my contact, who represents me?
Are you the only member of the SCG who comes on this forum?
How many members of the SCG are they, who are they, how were they selected?

Nick

Administrator
The same as the last time you asked Matty, and after every time the SCG is mentioned and you ask the same ;)

Nick

Administrator
Well if you know the Trust go, you could put it to them.
You could email it to the people at the club.
You could put it on here to get your question asked for the next one.
You could PM members of the trust who come on here with your question to ask them to ask it.
You could have put it on the threads where KingHarvest asked "What do you want me to ask?"

J

Jack Griffin

It could be he has just posted them on the website.

You don't have to make excuses, what is wrong with finding out the facts?

Jan, can you explain the apparent discrepancy between your statement & the website?

Nick

Administrator
You don't have to make excuses, what is wrong with finding out the facts?

Jan, can you explain the apparent discrepancy between your statement & the website?

I haven't made an excuse, I am just saying that it might have just been him who posted them on the website hence his name is there. I think you will find that is suggesting what it could be as in finding the facts.

If the person who writes the minutes doesn't have access to the CCFC website (probably won't if they aren't an employee) then it would need an account to login to the website back end to manage it. So as Nick looks after that sort of thing it was probably given to him to post on the website.

I am not saying it is 100%, but is a likely scenario.

Especially as it says:

Elaine Ward (Minutes Secretary)

It could be that she is the partner / wife of Peter Ward – Vice Chairman.

I could be wrong though, it could also be a massive conspiracy.

This is a joint statement from CCFC and ACL, did Nick write this too, or did he just post it on the website?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-statement-349706.aspx

J

Jack Griffin

Elaine Ward (Minutes Secretary)

It could be that she is the partner / wife of Peter Ward – Vice Chairman.
RL]http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-statement-349706.aspx[/URL]

OK that answers it then. Jeez.. I just didn’t see that bit.

shmmeee

Firstly: BUMP any news on this?

Same at a lot of organisations these days.

Secondly, random rant: When the fuck did this ever become an excuse for anything? When did people stop recognising that they are autonomous beings who can question the status quo? The level of self censorship from people these days is scary.

bigfatronssba

Firstly: BUMP any news on this?

Secondly, random rant: When the fuck did this ever become an excuse for anything? When did people stop recognising that they are autonomous beings who can question the status quo? The level of self censorship from people these days is scary.

IMO people do it to make themselves look important.

Its the "I've signed a NDA you know" brigade.

shmmeee

I get it if you've got some info from a trusted source and don't want to spoil that, but this is supposed to be an organisation representing us at a meeting designed to consult us and we're not allowed to know. It's a joke IMO and another example of people giving the club far too much respect when it would never be reciprocated.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I get it if you've got some info from a trusted source and don't want to spoil that, but this is supposed to be an organisation representing us at a meeting designed to consult us and we're not allowed to know. It's a joke IMO and another example of people giving the club far too much respect when it would never be reciprocated.

I agree with you but how many people on the SCG represent no one apart from themselves?

Users who are viewing this thread