SCG last night ??? (1 Viewer)

Matty_CCFC

Any one know what happened at the SCG last night?

This group is supposed to represent the fans, all the fans (not just the few who go to Northampton).

Nick

Administrator
It does represent each section of fans doesn't it? Well maybe not so much without KingHarvest :(

_brian_

If it represents every section of the fans then the minutes should have been put on here by now!!! I, for one, am very disgruntled and will be adding this to my long list of trivial things to get annoyed about with regards to Coventry City Football Club!!!

Nick

Administrator
why ? because it all seems to the rest of us, a closed shop, who are they, what do they do, or say ?

The same as every other time the same people ask in threads like this I guess.

Isn't it made up of fans from each section of fans? Trust, supporters clubs, corporate etc?

Noggin

The fans views aren't being represented at the SCG, I really don't think there is any doubt about that if you read the minutes from the last few meetings. It's just a forum for Labovich etc to spout of hate about acl, the council, weber shandwick and to try and fill the heads of those people who do want to represent the fans with lies. The people there who are there to represent the fans are between a rock and a hardplace though, they have been bullied by labovich and imo manipulated into playing nice by accusing them of some shocking things. I'm not criticizing people here (well other than the scum who run our club) their position is just impossible, but these meetings at this point in time are a complete farce and are no more than propaganda forums.

thaiskyblue

The fans views aren't being represented at the SCG, I really don't think there is any doubt about that if you read the minutes from the last few meetings. It's just a forum for Labovich etc to spout of hate about acl, the council, weber shandwick and to try and fill the heads of those people who do want to represent the fans with lies. The people there who are there to represent the fans are between a rock and a hardplace though, they have been bullied by labovich and imo manipulated into playing nice by accusing them of some shocking things. I'm not criticizing people here (well other than the scum who run our club) their position is just impossible, but these meetings at this point in time are a complete farce and are no more than propaganda forums.
Have you been Noggin ?, i'd love to hear from these mystery people .

Noggin

Have you been Noggin ?, i'd love to hear from these mystery people .

No, I just read the minutes, the last lot were horrible. They wouldn't want me there, I'd be calling out labovich everytime he said something untrue, I do wish those there would too but I completely understand why they don't.

thaiskyblue

No, I just read the minutes each week, the last lot were horrible. They wouldn't want me there, I'd be calling out labovich everytime he said something untrue, I do wish those there would too but I completely understand why they don't.
why don't they ?, whats the point if people who don't agree keep stum, surely all opinions should be aired, or what is the point ?

Matty_CCFC

Noggin
I feel I have to agree, seems the whole concept and actual meetings are an utter farce, who do these people represent or better still how can I find out who represents me on this propaganda joke?

Noggin

why don't they ?, whats the point if people who don't agree keep stum, surely all opinions should be aired, or what is the point ?

presumably they feel they have to play nice or they wouldn't be there and they are probably right on that. But as it stands there is no point, I see nothing positive in these meetings, in fact I feel they are negative atm. some of the people there do believe Labovich though but the trust representatives clearly don't. The Trust are playing 100 times nicer than I would and yet they are still attacked by labovich. the man is a disgrace.

chiefdave

The whole tone of the SCG seems to have changed in recent months and from reading the minutes it now seems less about the fans point of view being put over and more a chance for Labovich to place the blame on anyone else he can and accuse people of all sorts of things.

NortonSkyBlue

The whole tone of the SCG seems to have changed in recent months and from reading the minutes it now seems less about the fans point of view being put over and more a chance for Labovich to place the blame on anyone else he can and accuse people of all sorts of things.

minutes reflect what was said at a meeting and if Mr Labovich is questioned its his views you are going to read, its not a matter of hi taking over, its him being questioned

Brighton Sky Blue

The London Supporters' Club normally have someone there and he sends round the minutes though for whatever reason he hasn't done it yet.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know, I just know because Steve from the Trust said a couple of days ago he couldn't attend tomorrow because he was in Preston.

Noggin

The Club do the minutes now don't they? after putting their spin on them. there is no direct quoting anymore just a summation of what was said. haven't they even removed from the minutes Labvovichs accusation that Simon Gilbert had misquoted him? but yes its too soon for the minutes to be available yet, it was quick when the club weren't doing it, it's not quick now, in fact it took them a week last time.

ashbyjan

Meeting was last night so please give minutes secretary a chance to type them up and distribute them among attendees for sign off. Once they are agreed the minutes will be released on CCFC official website first then others are free to publish them but was decided last night that they would first appear on the SCG section of CCFC website.

Brighton Sky Blue

The Club do the minutes now don't they? after putting their spin on them. there is no direct quoting anymore just a summation of what was said. haven't they even removed from the minutes Labvovichs accusation that Simon Gilbert had misquoted him?

The ones I got e-mailed were the same as those posted on the club website so I assume so.

chiefdave

minutes reflect what was said at a meeting and if Mr Labovich is questioned its his views you are going to read, its not a matter of hi taking over, its him being questioned

I suggest you read the minutes from the last couple of meetings and compare them to earlier meeting, there has been a huge change in tone which coincidentally coincides with the club taking control of what is released from the meetings and published by themselves. Prior to that we used to get people who had attended coming on here the next day, or sometimes even the same night, to give a summary of what had been discussed. Now we have to wait days and it all goes through the club.

Nick

Administrator
Meeting was last night so please give minutes secretary a chance to type them up and distribute them among attendees for sign off. Once they are agreed the minutes will be released on CCFC official website first then others are free to publish them but was decided last night that they would first appear on the SCG section of CCFC website.

Jan, do you need to sign anything or agree to anything to say you can't write your own writeup of the meeting?

(This is not me saying you should as I am sure you are busy, but is there anything stopping you now like Kingharvest used to?)

J

Jack Griffin

Jan, do you need to sign anything or agree to anything to say you can't write your own writeup of the meeting?

(This is not me saying you should as I am sure you are busy, but is there anything stopping you now like Kingharvest used to?)

I was under the impression the club now insist their person should write the minutes.
I suspect if the SBT published an independent set then they would be excluded.
I think they should do their own set & see what happens. :)

shmmeee

Unless someone's signed an NDA there's no reason people can't post a factual account.

Nick

Administrator
Unless someone's signed an NDA there's no reason people can't post a factual account.

That is what I thought, surely there is nothing to stop people typing exactly what is said both ways. Don't even need to be offical "minutes".

wingy

That is what I thought, surely there is nothing to stop people typing exactly what is said both ways. Don't even need to be offical "minutes".

Thats what Kingsharvest used to do .

I think he said when getting out that the purpose of the meetings had shifted In emphasis ,what was the Initial purpose of the SCG ??

ashbyjan

Just to clarify the position with the minutes as I was mistaken and the statement about only publishing after they appeared on club website was an idea that was later changed - it was actually agreed that to stop anyone jumping the gun and publishing minutes before anyone else that there was a general agreement that no one would publish the minutes until 10.00 the morning after they were signed off. It was felt this was the fairest way to ensure even distribution among the various groups with representation on the SCG. Also the minutes are not written by the club but by the partner of one of the members.

Users who are viewing this thread