SCG/ Garlick Stadium group to merge? (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Rumour has it that the Garlick group will be merging with the SCG. Well thats one way of diluting any dissenting voices and any quetioning of the club.

Surely with the Wasps thing hanging over our heads Mr Fisher would have been better off saying we are not going ahead with this new stadium nonsense,we are dropping the JR appeal and we are are going to put our own proposals to CCC or whoever.

Now it has been said that ideas brought up at these stadium group meetings could be incorporated at the Ricoh,not if Wasps get it and dont let them.

Tonylinc

The " Garlick", group was never anything other than a distraction. She was used as much as we as fans were used and still are. If Shitzu any sense whatsoever they would call a halt to this new stadium nonsense, call off the JR appeal and talk real money to ACL/CCFC but of course they won't.

Limey

Where did you hear that? Does have some ramifications if, as I have understood you, ideas about new ground could now be applied to Ricoh....

AndreasB

The " Garlick", group was never anything other than a distraction. She was used as much as we as fans were used and still are. If Shitzu any sense whatsoever they would call a halt to this new stadium nonsense, call off the JR appeal and talk real money to ACL/CCFC but of course they won't.

Just need Orton to join them and we would always know where all the fuckwits are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndreasB

And you of course.

Oh you are too kind. I would love to be in their esteemed company. You of course would turn up for the first meeting shouting your gob off that you were a true fan and then not go again claiming it was too expensive.

covmark

Oh you are too kind. I would love to be in their esteemed company. You of course would turn up for the first meeting shouting your gob off that you were a true fan and then not go again claiming it was too expensive.

Stop talking shite.

Tonylinc

I don't know you and would therefore have no intention of insulting you BUT you seem to me to be a rather unpleasant individual.

Rusty Trombone

This was said at the last SCG meeting:

'Stadium Forum scheduled for Wed, Sept 3rd at 6.30pm. This forum remains crucial wherever the Sky Blues call home for discussing relevant issues'.

I'm guessing it didn't happen.

J

Jack Griffin

This was said at the last SCG meeting:

'Stadium Forum scheduled for Wed, Sept 3rd at 6.30pm. This forum remains crucial wherever the Sky Blues call home for discussing relevant issues'.

I'm guessing it didn't happen.

LOL, another volte-face.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-business-leader-head-fans-6391603
A leading figure in Coventry and Warwickshire business has been appointed to head a fans’ group to help design a new stadium for the Sky Blues.

The club has announced the CCFC Stadium Forum, which will consult fans on new stadium design, will be headed by Sandra Garlick.

Why can't ARVO/SISU just admit there is & never was a new stadium.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good the less groups the better I get confused as to what each one is supposed to be doing and who is in it.

martcov

Where did you hear that? Does have some ramifications if, as I have understood you, ideas about new ground could now be applied to Ricoh....

Wasps will be pleased to hear that. Saved them having a stadium group. Maybe Garlick can carry on with them

L

limoncello

Something else to get angry about I guess.

Does anybody really give a fuck?

Monners

Some members of the London supporters club were looking to meet with Ms Garlick to discuss "progress". Not sure if anything has come of this though.

Edit: This was instigated by the CCLSC SCG member - but no particular indication of a merger. It would be worth asking TF to clarify the situation. He did travel up with fans on the train to the Yeovil game, and the "stadium" is his remit now after all

Last edited:

Matty_CCFC

Do not come on site much now but feel strongly about this, the SCG is supposed to represent the supporters, so now they are agreeing with the new Stadium concept.Till Fisher and Co openly announces the new stadium idea is rubbish the SCG should have nothing to do with Garlick, otherwise they are condoling the idea.The Wasps or others will always be on the cards till the club denounce the new stadium fantasy and go public they are keen to buy into the Ricoh. The SCG does not represent many genuine fans, as far as I recall they all supported the move to Northampton.

chiefdave

Surely it should be one of two things? Either the new stadium is happening and Garlicks group keeps doing what they are doing, or it's not happening and should be disbanded. If they want to be on the SCG shouldn't there be some process for new members or can we all just turn up and be part of the SCG if we feel like it?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I agree with chiefdave the suggested merger of the two would be more window dressing and un-necessary

I think this could be a signal if true for what we have suspected all along there is no new stadium. The merger allows the stadium committee to disappear without them coming out and saying the new stadium was fantasy.

If the SCG was to represent fans views on the match day experience to the club then what real purpose was there to the stadium committee (other than a smoke screen)

On a practical level why do they need an expanded committee if the SCG has been properly put together and doing a proper job in the first place? Even at 15 members it is cumbersome to add 10 more makes it even worse.

Does the terms of reference for the SCG actually allow for such a merger? It doesn't look like it.

I also believe there is movement to get the SCG board representation at CCFC directors meetings, it will be interesting to see how that will work with the current make up let alone an expanded group. It will be interesting to see who gets to attend and the content of such meetings

I think the Garlick group should just be disbanded it has served very little if any real purpose for the fans

Having read some of the recent SCG minutes I am left with the impression that many of those involved have not grasped what is going on between the club and the Ricoh. The club is a day renter of the stadium having it for 21 events this year 6 hours before a game and 4 hours after. The day rent contract gives some extra income (% of the F&B on the concourse) Other than that the club has no rights in or at the stadium. A "changing the curtains" is not going to be an option unless the club is willing to pay for it which I doubt they are - and anyway I would rather they spent that money on the team. It might be a far cheaper rent but with that comes far fewer options or levels of control.

Last edited:

AndreasB

Surely it should be one of two things? Either the new stadium is happening and Garlicks group keeps doing what they are doing, or it's not happening and should be disbanded. If they want to be on the SCG shouldn't there be some process for new members or can we all just turn up and be part of the SCG if we feel like it?

Problem is, the SCG is the only group SISU will have anything to do with - the key is to get the membership changed from the current crop - most of who were on Garlicks group anyway!

J

Jack Griffin

Problem is, the SCG is the only group SISU will have anything to do with - the key is to get the membership changed from the current crop - most of who were on Garlicks group anyway!

SCG isn't elected nor is is representative, it is more of an ad hoc committee of people who were in place & who are tolerated by the club.
If you remember there was an attempt to get SBT reps withdraw by making an unreasonable demand on them to apologise for some thing they were alleged to have done (by Mr Strange).. that tactic didn't work & they're still there.

Membership of the Garlick group was selected by Ms. Garlick & she was selected to head it up by Timmy (I think).

At least the SCG does produce minutes so you can see what is being discussed & there is some interesting stuff in them occasionally.

Astute

The only reason that SISU will talk to the SCG is that they always seem to go along with what they say, and if they don't they verbally attack the SCG members with threats of some kind. So we are left with most members doing and saying what SISU wants. And this is no good for us supporters.

letsallsingtogether

Some not all!!!
Funny how they tried to remove those that did not agree off the forum.
The only reason that SISU will talk to the SCG is that they always seem to go along with what they say, and if they don't they verbally attack the SCG members with threats of some kind. So we are left with most members doing and saying what SISU wants. And this is no good for us supporters.

Nick

Administrator
What threats have been made?

Users who are viewing this thread