SBT Virtual Bookies (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

Am I the only person who thinks this is an abysmal idea?

Firstly, it is the 'thin end of the wedge', "only a bit of fun". I'll bet it doesnt stop there. (See what I did there!?)

Secondly, getting credit for 'likes', only fuels the 'look at me, like me' mentality that is the bane of society.

Plus my internet connecion seems to be very slow now. What is happening 'behind the scenes'?

Nick

Administrator

Firstly, it is the 'thin end of the wedge', "only a bit of fun". I'll bet it doesnt stop there. (See what I did there!?)

Secondly, getting credit for 'likes', only fuels the 'look at me, like me' mentality that is the bane of society.

Plus my internet connecion seems to be very slow now. What is happening 'behind the scenes'?
It isn't just for likes, it will be for generally being active on here.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I do agree with the like thing. I normally throw them out all over the place but have been having to think twice in the last hour through worry of funding others!

Liquid Gold

I think it'd be better having it all on its own tab instead of having credit in the top corner and on the little profile to the left of your comment.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Dear [enter name here]
I am instruct by my client to ask for yuor help. My clients hole family was killed in car carsh in Nigeria and before they all died, thay aksed that I get in touch with there freind at [sky Bleu talk]. His name is [Grendul]. We need him to pass us details of his bank account in the Untied Kingmod so that we can put many thousands of US Dollars into his account.
In order for us to do this trasnactoin, we need account number and PIN of his bank. Either this or any credit he makes in the new SBT Betting Exchange would suffice.
Please help myclient to carry out his dead brothers wishes.
yours sinserely,
Otungo Umbaduma (Atterny at Law, Lagos)

wingy

Thought it was just me .

covcity4life

I have found an alternative to the prediction league, a virtual bookies.

I can give every member 500 of the currency (not real, just pretend currency linked to profiles).

Then for each match we can work it like a bookies so we can have result, half time and full time results with odds so people can bet on our games like they would in the bookies.

The other thing is that people can make their own bets, for example if I say biamou will get a hat trick I can then create a custom bet where people can bet me on it (so I'd be the bookie).

Obviously it's just for a bit of fun and may need a bit of maintaining for the odds etc but I think it would be quite fun.

Anybody got any thoughts?
Good idra but its messed site up on phone. Alerts are not showing as credit has taken over and its all muddled

Alsobwhyni only got 6 pounds and some have more? We aint bet yet!

Edit-money for likes? Thats a no no. Let people like comments because they like them and for nothing else

Otis

I love this idea. Definitely will be doing even less work in the office now though...

You could hypothetically add trigger points. I.e. When Grendel says something negative about Biamou etc. -£1!
Or when he says something positive about anything!

Cranfield Sky Blue

Dear [enter name here]
I am instruct by my client to ask for yuor help. My clients hole family was killed in car carsh in Nigeria and before they all died, thay aksed that I get in touch with there freind at [sky Bleu talk]. His name is [Grendul]. We need him to pass us details of his bank account in the Untied Kingmod so that we can put many thousands of US Dollars into his account.
In order for us to do this trasnactoin, we need account number and PIN of his bank. Either this or any credit he makes in the new SBT Betting Exchange would suffice.
Please help myclient to carry out his dead brothers wishes.
yours sinserely,
Otungo Umbaduma (Atterny at Law, Lagos)

You don’t fool me! I know you’re a player we’re trying to sign aren’t you?

ccfcricoh

Like the virtual betting idea - but not sure about the gaining credit idea.

Why not make it a monthly challenge and at the end of each month whoever is top gets x points, and 2nd x points etc and just maintain a leader board.

At the end of the season you have a winner - if you run out of credit you just lose and wait till next month when they get reset

Some people won't need to bet at all and will storm to the top with posts i imagine!

Or am i missing the point and its not actually a challenge/competition!?

Otis

Can I give credit away?

I won't be using it, so anyone is welcome to it if they want.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Look Nick its took this old geezer for ever to learn how to do the prediction league still not sure I mastered it before it crashed . Along comes something new, my nurse is going to have to explain this lord help her . Think I will just sit on my £100 and then I wont be bottom or will I ?

Nick

Administrator
Look Nick its took this old geezer for ever to learn how to do the prediction league still not sure I mastered it before it crashed . Along comes something new, my nurse is going to have to explain this lord help her . Think I will just sit on my £100 and then I wont be bottom or will I ?

Once it goes live it will go by bookie earnings :)

Grendel

Can we have that for anyone? Sick of the football forum constantly being derailed by the rabid wasps haters. Keep it in the Wasps board, some of us don’t enjoy chasing eggs.

Wasps presence in the city is the biggest threat in this club’s future. The last thing we should do is hide it in a sub forum.

Users who are viewing this thread