• A 1-off game amongst forum users

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Join a #-a-side League

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertola

Would love to play but at the megre age of 24 I've had to retire due to a bad ankle.

If everyone promised not to tackle me or make me run I'd be fine!

ccfc2011

making a 5-a-side SBT team sounds a good idea

Marty

yeah, i thought that geeza SBsheep was sorting it out?? I'm defo up for it tho :)

Sky Blue Sheepy

I was sorting the 1 off game out!
I'm happy for a 5-a-side league. Happy to organise (with help) in return for transport assistance ;)

gouldberg

I'd be interested in playing for a 5-a-side team but would depend on the day and what venue got picked.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If we can choose a venue and a day to play on then we can sort it - haven't been involved in 5-a-side leagues before, not sure how to join one/ how often we'd play / how long the games are etc... anyone know anymore?

Marty

mentioned this about 5 times now.

Sports Centre in town, play 5-a-side 3 nights a week, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday, they have 2 pitches and 2 leagues each night. they start games at 6.30 last game is at 8.30, when i played it was £15 a team per match (so if you have 2 games in a night then you pay £30) + £5 a player a season. Which is paid at the front desk. The league on friday night was by far the best and most challenging. They are there to play football and not fight which seems the opposite at both connections and AT7 Centre. Haven't played at the powerleague yet.

Hope some of that helps. I'll find the number you need to ring and post it up later.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
mentioned this about 5 times now.

Sports Centre in town, play 5-a-side 3 nights a week, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday, they have 2 pitches and 2 leagues each night. they start games at 6.30 last game is at 8.30, when i played it was £15 a team per match (so if you have 2 games in a night then you pay £30) + £5 a player a season. Which is paid at the front desk. The league on friday night was by far the best and most challenging. They are there to play football and not fight which seems the opposite at both connections and AT7 Centre. Haven't played at the powerleague yet.

Hope some of that helps. I'll find the number you need to ring and post it up later.

Cheers, friday night footy in town is good for me if its good for everyone else.. do you know how long a game lasts for?

Marty

12 minutes a half, and they give you a minute half time, and they give you 5 minutes before a game to have a kick about as well.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
So to be clear guys who wanna play in a 5-a-side league on Friday nights in the sports centre in town are:

Me
marty
ccfc2011 ??
rich
sky blue sheepy
gouldberg ??

How soon are peeps available to play? We will take it from there and see if we can work something out? I'm itching to play some football now :D

Last edited:

gouldberg

Put a question mark next to me, as I said there's only certain days I'm free so I'll have to find out in the next few days.

Marty

i've got the geeza's mobile number. 07727 021678 so somebody can give him a ring (not me though). :p

Sky Blue Sheepy

Yeah I like Friday's. 1 issue would be transport, as my bus doesn't go after 6 -.-'

I live in Allesley Green if I could scrounge a lift off someone (obv. more than happy to pay for petrol)

Marty

Yeah I like Friday's. 1 issue would be transport, as my bus doesn't go after 6 -.-'

I live in Allesley Green if I could scrounge a lift off someone (obv. more than happy to pay for petrol)

Do you have a bike?? will only take 10-15 mins at most from Allesley.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
i've got the geeza's mobile number. 07727 021678 so somebody can give him a ring (not me though). :p

I don't mind ringing, what do I need to ask?

Also are you guys on facebook, might be worth PMing eachother our facebook link so we know names and faces before we start playing..

When can we start? I need to play football as I'm so bored of the gym right now

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I've got more timber than the New forest but casual footie is a top laugh. ;)

Put me down as a maybe pal.

Just noticed this thread. I'm up for playing too. But judging from past posts, by the time anything gets sorted I'll probably be fully reliant on a zimmer frame and 10 stone heavier!

Marty

It's in the process of being sorted now lads.

Skybluesandy
marty
ccfc2011 ??
rich
sky blue sheepy
gouldberg ??
DH-Sky Blue.

Thats should be enough players now, but can anybody play in goal??

Last edited:

Sky Blue Sheepy

Well nothing's stopping you.

Buses don't stop running at 6 - just mine (Allesley Green only has 1 bus which goes between Cov and Solihull) so a lift would be nice *hint*

If I'm honest, I only know of leagues at Alan Higgs centre. Where else does them?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well nothing's stopping you.

Buses don't stop running at 6 - just mine (Allesley Green only has 1 bus which goes between Cov and Solihull) so a lift would be nice *hint*

If I'm honest, I only know of leagues at Alan Higgs centre. Where else does them?
I used to participate in leagues at AT7 centre and at woodlands school

http://www.powerleague.co.uk/5-a-side/coventry/coventry

http://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDetails.aspx?BranchId=57

I don't want to play though just passing on some information.

Lloyd

i live in northampton but it's just a short train ride away, i don't know the cov area all to well though... and i'm a little out of shape after 3 months of partying haha.i may be interested in this though depending when it is!

ild be up for a decent big game commanding holding mid/defender who likes to shoot from the half way line (cant run all the pitch) LOL, the higgs centre has excellent pitches, can also rent just half pitches and play the width which is still decent for 7/8 a side

gouldberg

If it's at Woodlands I'd be able to play no issues at all, other places might be difficult but still up for this. Powerleague at Woodlands is pretty nice with a bar for after games, think it might be expensive though. I'll see if they have any info handy on Monday when I go up there for Basketball training.

I'm a bit of a tricky midfielder. Used to play in goal in my old side but would rather not do that again. I'd play in goal the occasional game but really wouldn't want to do it every game.

cornoccfc

Have scanned through the thread, but if a 1-off 11-a-side match was to be arranged I'd definitely be up for a game.

Couldn't commit to regular games as I live in Northants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread