Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Green

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

tommydazzle

How are we going to gauge turnout???
Not easily! So far it's around 0.7% if we use votes cast over membership. Of course, we have no way of knowing if the membership is active, eligible etc. Several SBT members on here are clearly insane although this probably doesn't bar them from voting or indeed running for office.

SkyBlueDom26

How anyone can vote for that clown Corbyn is beyond me, mind you Boris isn’t much better. The Labour Party is just about summed up by that fool Dianne Abbott, it’s like she deliberately trips herself up every time she’s interviewed. The whole lot are a joke at the minute, and it’s going to be a case of picking the best of a bad bunch. One things for sure I will not be voting for Corbyn, if he gets in to power this country will crumble.

Spot on, Corbyn would finish this country...

shmmeee

His name is Boris Johnson, is this Alexander thing an attempt at being funny?

His name is Alexander. Boris is his middle name and the name he uses for his character acting.

Same as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon or Carl of Swindon or whatever Grant Shapps was called.

Something about right wingers wanting to hide their identity for some reason, Farage probably only kept his real name because he liked that his initials spell “NF”.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

His name is Boris Johnson, is this Alexander thing an attempt at being funny?

No, his name is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. His close friends and associates refer to him as Al, Alex, Alexander or Xander.

I've explained elsewhere why I call him by his actual name - Boris is a character I believe he created from a young age to disassociate himself from his worst, most slefish, behaviour and has also become a comedic caricature for the electorate and media. I want the actual person being made to feel responsible for their actions, not his alter ego.

shmmeee

Best get them trainers on then....

View attachment 13368
giphy.gif

rob9872

Latest poll has Labour over 30% for the first time since May. 7% gap to the Tories.

It doesn't really mean anything though, and I don't mean that anti-Labour either as it still would be meaningless if the Conservatives were polling 45%. In our first past the post system you could gain a majority on a much smaller figure, it's all about where those votes are and you could poll a huge slice without winning any seats at all.

The Lib Dems idea of yesteryear for proportional representation was ideal. It would likely mean more hung parliaments, but every vote counts wherever you are then. As a Brexit supporter, there is no way I'd vote for them as it could put the local Labour MP back in power, but I'm sure some will and we'll be stuck with a remain MP in W&L again. I have no choice but to vote Conservative to achieve what I want and that's disappointing.

Brighton Sky Blue

It doesn't really mean anything though, and I don't mean that anti-Labour either as it still would be meaningless if the Conservatives were polling 45%. In our first past the post system you could gain a majority on a much smaller figure, it's all about where those votes are and you could poll a huge slice without winning any seats at all.

The Lib Dems idea of yesteryear for proportional representation was ideal. It would likely mean more hung parliaments, but every vote counts wherever you are then. As a Brexit supporter, there is no way I'd vote for them as it could put the local Labour MP back in power, but I'm sure some will and we'll be stuck with a remain MP in W&L again. I have no choice but to vote Conservative to achieve what I want and that's disappointing.

I’m not saying it does but big leads usually translate to big majorities by seat. But your point shows the wider problem of a referendum by proxy when we could’ve had one outright.

NorthernWisdom

I’m not saying it does but big leads usually translate to big majorities by seat. But your point shows the wider problem of a referendum by proxy when we could’ve had one outright.
Yup. It's a big worry that the domestic policies of this country will, potentially, be completely at odds with the views of the country because of one issue (and that includes if Labour win, too).

CJ_covblaze

Will be voting for the Conservatives. They're the only option for me again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm amazed how many people have already decided on how they're voting when we've not had a single manifesto released.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That's why I want HoL to be PV based on vote %. Still get to keep constituency MP's but you can know your vote will count so less need to think about tactical voting, plus the HoL is no longer just a massively expensive ancient body just signing things through - it could legitimately block bills as it would be democratically elected. Downside is it would likely give some of the fringe nutters on both sides more of a say, but it would represent the country and act as a warning flag if extremist parties started getting too many seats.

It's a change I think could really shake up politics in this country.

rob9872

That's why I want HoL to be PV based on vote %. Still get to keep constituency MP's but you can know your vote will count so less need to think about tactical voting, plus the HoL is no longer just a massively expensive ancient body just signing things through - it could legitimately block bills as it would be democratically elected. Downside is it would likely give some of the fringe nutters on both sides more of a say, but it would represent the country and act as a warning flag if extremist parties started getting too many seats.

It's a change I think could really shake up politics in this country.
Agree - they're possibly only fringe parties because it's a wasted vote. It would be interesting to see how many votes a party got if every vote counted.

Users who are viewing this thread