Saudi Arabian League (2 Viewers)

napolimp

Neom are one of the companies with a stake in a club so I wouldn't be surprised to see them offering a huge wage and free penthouse in The Line (or whatever the equivalent will be).

The Line is f**kin dumb.

NortonSkyBlue

The same argument was should people live in sky scrapers, fly in planes, go to the moon?
it wouldn’t be for me as I couldn’t afford it but having seen it from its inception and the interest generated and investments made I know it will be a success.
I agree with you by the way that it’s dystopian to a degree but it’s a lifestyle choice for those that want that to live that way.

napolimp

The same argument was should people live in sky scrapers, fly in planes, go to the moon?
it wouldn’t be for me as I couldn’t afford it but having seen it from its inception and the interest generated and investments made I know it will be a success.
I agree with you by the way that it’s dystopian to a degree but it’s a lifestyle choice for those that want that to live that way.

Not saying I live in some sort of paradise, but if I want something different I can go down to Kenilworth/Leamington/Stratford, into Birmingham, to coombe abbey, hatton, etc. Where can you go if you live in the line - another part of the line?

NortonSkyBlue

Not saying I live in some sort of paradise, but if I want something different I can go down to Kenilworth/Leamington/Stratford, into Birmingham, to coombe abbey, hatton, etc. Where can you go if you live in the line - another part of the line?
You can get in a helicopter and be in Egypt/Jordan in half an hour, in Dubai in 90 minutes and in the big cities of Saudi Arabia in a hour. All relative to what floats your boat. And on that subject the Red Sea on your door step.

SkyBlueSoul

Neves about to head there from Wolves, £47m fee apparently. Only 26, has to be a financial decision. Especially with Mendes as his agent.

no_loyalty

Neves about to head there from Wolves, £47m fee apparently. Only 26, has to be a financial decision. Especially with Mendes as his agent.
Neves linked with a loan move to Newcastle from new Saudi club, Saudi club owners also own Newcastle.

BlueSky247

I think people who dismiss the Saudi League are living in the Cuckoo Land. Considering the money being thrown around there, I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a top-five league worldwide in the next decade.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can see Uefa offering them champions league spots as it will then open the opportunity of a final there then.

Travs

On one hand, it does go against the very grain to see somewhere like Saudi Arabia trying to buy their way into acceptable society via sport...

On the other hand.... The Premier League and UEFA have let big money and big clubs dictate the game for years... if they get outgunned by a region with deeper pockets, then i won't lose much sleep on their behalf.

covcity4life

On one hand, it does go against the very grain to see somewhere like Saudi Arabia trying to buy their way into acceptable society via sport...

On the other hand.... The Premier League and UEFA have let big money and big clubs dictate the game for years... if they get outgunned by a region with deeper pockets, then i won't lose much sleep on their behalf.
Yeah it's funny seeing glory fans complaining in cov

no_loyalty

Gerrard named as manager of Al Ettifaq.

SBT

I cannot believe he was seriously floated as a possible replacement for Southgate

no_loyalty

Celtic’s 24yr old Portugal international winger Jota now gone to a team in the Saudi league.

Terry Gibson's perm

Looks like Henderson might be off to fill his boots, 700k per week who decides to offer that surely they would have got him for 550k. I take it he will be retiring from international football.

no_loyalty

Mahrez and Henderson the next two joining the Saudi league.

Users who are viewing this thread