Sam McCallum (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Norwich one of the best clubs to be at as a young player too so his face must just not fit there

It could be he was wanted by Farke and their sporting director (who’s name escapes me) as one for the future, but is not wanted/rated by Smith?

junglej13

How did he do last season with QPR anyway?

He was good for us but if he's still the McCallum of old it's a shame to lose the attacking ability Maatsen gave us - an area Sam needed alot of improvement
Remember you used to be quite well placed for a bit of transfer knowledge @Mr Panda. Anything you have heard or did you lose contact with your source?

ccfcrob

Ffs. Please no. League 1 player.

I was delighted to have seen the back of him (with the added bonus of actually receiving a few quid) and I knew he’d never get anywhere near a top end Championship/lower Premier League starting 11. We can’t be getting dross like him in if we’re serious about play-offs
Literally Young Player of the season for a team that finished higher than us :LOL:

Happy_Martian

He suffered a few lengthy injuries last season so I'd be concerned about his long term fitness. But he was solid for the majority of his previous times with us. A bit older and hopefully a bit stronger and smarter now. And as we are now short of LWB/LBs, he'd be a guaranteed start.

Philosorapter

Got Sam McCallum finishing on, 1472 for 2020/21 season. Played most games.

baldy

giphy.gif

stupot07

I'd be happy to have him back, much better defensively than Maatsen, but not the greatest when it comes to the use of the ball. Only really looked good in 2020/21 season for us when he got his long throw out. I know he's still young, but you've got to wonder whether he has a future at Norwich, he would have literally spent all of his 3.5 years at Norwich on loan, and 2.5 years with us if he does join.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I'd be happy to have him back, much better defensively than Maatsen, but not the greatest when it comes to the use of the ball. Only really looked good in 2020/21 season for us when he got his long throw out. I know he's still young, but you've got to wonder whether he has a future at Forest, he would have literally spent all of his 3.5 years at Norwich on loan, and 2.5 years with us if he does join.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Why would he have a future at Forest?

ccfc1234

I’d have him back permanently for a cheapish fee but not sure about another loan, need something long term for left back
We signed Bidwell to fill the permanent void surely?

We have kicked the can down the road so long I would accept another if it meant we could focus funds on an ACM and top class LCB.

WestEndAgro

I posted this last night on the transfer shouts post, I've be told we are in for him.
I wonder if it's the same source or two different one's, if it is, it sounds very likely Mcallaum will be in Sky Blue this season.

mmttww

Having him around, loan or perm, can't be a bad thing. His development hasn't come to a shuddering halt and he worked well for us first time round. Really good news if this happens.

johnwillomagic

I'd have him back in a heartbeat especially where we are with the LWB role currently with Maatsen gone and Reid seemingly not deemed good enough/ready to play in Championship.

He is very underrated by many on here - only thing I'd say is if we sign him does that signify that MR is considering Bidwell for the LCB role vacated by JCS? He did not look too bad when he played there at the end of the season.

Sky Blue Harry H

I like McCallum a lot but I think Maatsen instead of him is one of the reasons we were so much improved last season.

McCallum is very good in the air and will have developed through his experience at QPR. I'll be very happy to see him back here.

Great_Expectations

Commented on this in the Transfer Shouts thread, but in short McCallum is a strange one; solid player, full of potential but big gaps offensively. One I thought we’d replace easily, but evidently not.

I appreciate Hyam/right footed LCB hinders, but it wasn’t the sole reason. His default didn’t appear to be to get forward, or be attacking - polar opposite to Maatsen.

I would be glad to see him back though, he’s had another season in the Championship and he’s hopefully pushed on further. Even if not, he more than held his own.

There’s also an element of him being a known quantity. Especially if budgets are tight, why risk an unknown (and potentially expensive) signing when we have someone MR/AV the team know, trust and like.

Plus he clearly has an affinity for the club, and they are exactly the types of players you enjoy seeing playing for our team.

Saddlebrains

Getting him back would be a fantastic signing

He knows the way we play, has an affinity with the club and will have definitely progressed since last being here

Would make us a lot more secure at the back, Maatsen was great going forward, but dog shit at defending

Defence was clearly the issue last year

Users who are viewing this thread