Sam Mccallum (3 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Oh mate another shocker😬
Woof Woof, indeed Lap dog

giphy.gif

TM8792

My mistake, I meant Brentford. Just out of curiosity, who in our squad do you rate? Who do you think is good enough for this league.

From the players that played a part last season: Hamer, James & Ostigard are the only three I'd be happy to see in our starting line-up come the start of next season. I'd keep a few others such as Dabo and Walker and play them if we cannot improve, as I think our priorities lie elsewhere.

Our main priority should be bringing in an attacking mid who doesn't cock up every final ball and can finish the occasional chance presented to him within 12 yards of goal. If we had that this season we'd have been safe by the end of January.

Ccfcisparks

From the players that played a part last season: Hamer, James & Ostigard are the only three I'd be happy to see in our starting line-up come the start of next season. I'd keep a few others such as Dabo and Walker and play them if we cannot improve, as I think our priorities lie elsewhere.

Our main priority should be bringing in an attacking mid who doesn't cock up every final ball and can finish the occasional chance presented to him within 12 yards of goal. If we had that this season we'd have been safe by the end of January.
Wow so 10 players signed straight into the starting XI this season, a big ask.

Perryccfc

Thats a really harsh assessment.

lifeskyblue

I'm sure Norwich fans are thrilled about those points we took off Blackburn away a couple of months back.

If he's progressing season on season and is such a good player, surely he'll play in the Premier League next season? Fact is he won't, and will never, barring an injury crisis at Norwich. Thanks for a good few games Sam, but head back to League Two and find your level mate.

League 2?...what are you on. The lads 20 and has had a season in L1 and the Championship. In both seasons he has not looked out of place in the team and in fact has been one of the stronger, more consistent performers. Robins clearly has faith in him to the extent he played him right back in one of his earliest games. In both seasons he has cemented his place over Mason (L1) and Giles (championship. He is strong, pretty good positionally, good in the air for a full back and has that long throw. He has also scored more times than our other full backs combined over the period. He has an excellent work right and although not quick over first 10yds has good energy and stamina. Does he still have area he needs to work on...yes of course: pass accuracy, quick decision making (first thought is usually back and safety rather than take a risk and go forward) etc.
Personally I don’t think he is quite ready for premier league (and another season will help him develop further) and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back on loan (hopefully here) either at a championship club or Scottish Premier club. I’m sure Robins has already asked the question.
As for L2... you really haven’t a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11652

Got to love “haha I was just pretending to be a moron and you believed it” as an own.

I also said Shipley had a 100% win ratio in games he’d played 90 in. I believe the total was 1. Love that yous lot bite on it though

Grendel

😂 I'm sure Norwich fans are thrilled about those points we took off Blackburn away a couple of months back.

If he's progressing season on season and is such a good player, surely he'll play in the Premier League next season? Fact is he won't, and will never, barring an injury crisis at Norwich. Thanks for a good few games Sam, but head back to League Two and find your level mate.

How can he head back to league 2 - he’s never played in league 2

Grendel

Glad you rate James

Hertsccfc

It will be interesting to see what Norwich do with him now.
He wasnt thought experienced enough for them in the championship, so I cant see them wanting him in the premier league.
Will they loan him out again, or look to off load him?
And do they still owe us money on the deal, or did we write that off with the loan arrangement? And could we afford to re sign him?
I think there is a far chance he will be in Norwich's squad next season. I image they will have been delighted with his progress this season. They will have seen how he has performed so well in his first season in the Championship, which is outstanding given his age.

If he doesn't make their squad they will loan him out. Let's hope if it is to the Championship it is to us. I do not feel we would have any chance of re-signing him other than as a loan.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think there is a far chance he will be in Norwich's squad next season. I image they will have been delighted with his progress this season. They will have seen how he has performed so well in his first season in the Championship, which is outstanding given his age.

If he doesn't make their squad they will loan him out. Let's hope if it is to the Championship it is to us. I do not feel we would have any chance of re-signing him other than as a loan.

They have a left back currently on loan who they’ll be signing in the summer for £6m. Talk is they’re one of numerous clubs who want to take Brandon Williams on loan from Man United too

Gibbo

I just wonder if he was a bit down in the dumps and demotivated by being sent back to us, having hoped to be in a promotion chasing top team? He was below par for much of the season, and only perked up at the end - perthaps at the thought that his employers might be appraising his perfomance made him geee up a bit?

covcity4life

I just wonder if he was a bit down in the dumps and demotivated by being sent back to us, having hoped to be in a promotion chasing top team? He was below par for much of the season, and only perked up at the end - perthaps at the thought that his employers might be appraising his perfomance made him geee up a bit?
He did an interview in the athletic and seemed v happy to be back. He seems level headed and mentioned if he was good enough to play for Norwich right now he would be so must improve and that ccfc helped him so much and continue to do so. He sounded commited to both clubs tbh

TM8792

If he doesn't make their squad they will loan him out. Let's hope if it is to the Championship it is to us. I do not feel we would have any chance of re-signing him other than as a loan. I am also a little sissy.

Absolutely no chance in hell he starts for Norwich barring an injury crisis. Nowhere near good enough.

better days

He did an interview in the athletic and seemed v happy to be back. He seems level headed and mentioned if he was good enough to play for Norwich right now he would be so must improve and that ccfc helped him so much and continue to do so. He sounded commited to both clubs tbh
Have to smile sometimes at how some fans don't account for the opposition in games
If Sam was up against experienced players from the teams near the top of the league he often wasn’t as good as when he had lesser guys against him from teams more at our level
Young players like him can have lots of ability and athleticism but need to gain experience
Which is what he's been doing this season
Pretty smart move by Norwich really

Yorkshire SB

Such nonsense about McCallum - got every chance of playing PL footy at some point. In his first season in the champ at 20 years old and he's played loads, looked good, and is way above the mean when looking at defensive stats.

This season, for me, there were two players who demonstrate the physical attributes to play up a level, McCallum and Ostigard - both young and will improve massively over the next 3-4 years. Technically both need work, but without the physical attributes it isn't happening.

D

Deleted member 11652

Such nonsense about McCallum - got every chance of playing PL footy at some point. In his first season in the champ at 20 years old and he's played loads, looked good, and is way above the mean when looking at defensive stats.

This season, for me, there were two players who demonstrate the physical attributes to play up a level, McCallum and Ostigard - both young and will improve massively over the next 3-4 years. Technically both need work, but without the physical attributes it isn't happening.

I would say Mccallum is guaranteed to play premiership football, more so than anyone else in our squad

stupot07

I would say Mccallum is guaranteed to play premiership football, more so than anyone else in our squad
No one is guaranteed to play premiership football, however I agree he has the best chance, given his age, his long throw and the fact he plays for a yoyo team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 11652

No one is guaranteed to play premiership football, however I agree he has the best chance, given his age, his long throw and the fact he plays for a yoyo team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Giles is better

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread