Transfer Rumour Sam McCallum gone (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

I get the sentiment but McCallum isnt an academy graduate. we brought him cheap and flipped him for millions withing a year.

we paid peanuts for him a while back from Hern Bay. he came through the Vardy academy I think.

not ideal but nothing about Cov is ever easy
£3m 100% sell but gamble on promotion like I said if we fail this season we will all be saying we should of drafted someone in jan

mr_monkey

£3m 100% sell but gamble on promotion like I said if we fail this season we will all be saying we should of drafted someone in jan

And look what happened last time we gambled, got proper fucked (just look at Leeds, forest, Sunderland etc...) It's not exciting but it's sensible and it's what we need to be

mr_monkey

I don’t mean blow the lot even 500k be nice

I don't think we'd get anything better than we have for 500k unfortunately (godden was 750) we are more than good enough to get at least playoffs and with a bit of luck autos, no point buying for the sake of it especially if we get promoted, I'd personally have that money towards someonr championship quality

Alkhen

You have to be pragmatic. SISU are a business. regardless of the reasons the fact is the club is haemorrhaging money. the saying goes 'bird in the hand' and all that. there is a need for cash. what if we dont go up, He has a stinker of a second half of the season or gets an ACL or something.

we have managed to get a good price for a player that we do have cover for and has only been at the club for a year AND been able to get him back for the remainder of the season. i would rather this scenario than the potential of some club coming in and taking other key members. we would

now i do get the fears and I could be wrong but I feel this is different than Maddison coming back . Sam seems less of a flash dan than madderz. more level headed. also the squad is way more balanced. if he doesnt put in a shift we have more than adequate cover with Mason

mark82

Yeah sell them fair enough we’ve took £5m what’s he had of that ? Godden came
Off Chaplin sale

It's a fair point. We've received £6 million in transfer fees if what is reported is accurate. We did spend on more than just Godden though. As everything is undisclosed we won't know for a while how much was actually put towards transfers/wages and how much was put towards plugging any shortfalls.

cc84cov

I don't think we'd get anything better than we have for 500k unfortunately (godden was 750) we are more than good enough to get at least playoffs and with a bit of luck autos, no point buying for the sake of it especially if we get promoted, I'd personally have that money towards someonr championship quality
Looking at it the league is not as strong as previous years for sure,we are well positioned at the moment the squad is good & solid if we signed someone with that X Factor we could run away with it but we will see let’s hope the goals don’t dry up again seems the striker is not needed after Godden back to back hat tricks.

cc84cov

It's a fair point. We've received £6 million in transfer fees if what is reported is accurate. We did spend on more than just Godden though. As everything is undisclosed we won't know for a while how much was actually put towards transfers/wages and how much was put towards plugging any shortfalls.
Exactly £6m and we can’t use any of the McCallum fee ? How much are the losses of moving to brum ?

shmmeee

Transfer fees, Signing on fees, wages, loan fees, keeping the club afloat because were are a league one club in a shit situation, what would you rather, be where we are or at the Ricoh under the terms wasps asked for with a sword of Damocles above our head

If it enables us to fund a competitive squad, yes?

shmmeee

Remember the last couple of seasons published accounts at the Ricoh show losses of £2.7m and £2.5m so its not just a case of how much we're losing at Brum.

We’re losing minimum £1.3m in ticket revenue extra this season. If you think we are better off in Brum when Robins is repeatedly saying we aren’t and need to return home you need to give your head a wobble.

chiefdave

We’re losing minimum £1.3m in ticket revenue extra this season. If you think we are better off in Brum when Robins is repeatedly saying we aren’t and need to return home you need to give your head a wobble.
Exactly, so if we're losing the best part of £3m before we even more to Brum, then add £1.3m in ticket revenue and whatever other additional costs or losses (advertising and sponsorship must take a hit for example).

Yet people expect that all to be covered by selling Bayliss for £2m in the summer.

Not to mention as everyone keeps reminding us you don't get all the money up front.

SlowerThanPlatt

Surely the lesson here is not to spunk millions on another established player but instead spend £50-60k a year salary for another decent scout to set up camp in non-league land and keep finding the gems

He was at the V9 academy event rather than actually being scouted for a long period of time. From what was said when he signed him, they didn’t even know who he was before the event

shmmeee

Exactly, so if we're losing the best part of £3m before we even more to Brum, then add £1.3m in ticket revenue and whatever other additional costs or losses (advertising and sponsorship must take a hit for example).

Yet people expect that all to be covered by selling Bayliss for £2m in the summer.

Not to mention as everyone keeps reminding us you don't get all the money up front.

Sorry misunderstood thought you were saying we were better off in Brum. Agree completely this money is needed.

robbiekeane

Yeh in the short term we are worse off definitely in terms of cash flow and income but when the BATNA is the Ricoh with that existence-threatening clause then "better off" becomes a debate.

shmmeee

Yes to being at the Ricoh with the indemnity clause in place? If that happened we would probably not have a club to debate about in the near future

I mean I’d assume if we were back that wouldn’t be there. Think I’ve got the wrong end of a stick here TBH

ccfcway

I mean I’d assume if we were back that wouldn’t be there. Think I’ve got the wrong end of a stick here TBH

That doesn’t really matter either. We end up renting a ground with no revenues like now. We need our own place

shmmeee

That doesn’t really matter either. We end up renting a ground with no revenues like now. We need our own place

I mean to be pedantic even with a new ground we’d be renting from a Sisu prop co. But yeah, the only way I see us affording the Ricoh is sharing with Wasps and I don’t think the relationships good enough to get the pitch sorted for that long term so a ground has to be built. Not much sign of that happening though.

shmmeee

Still maintain that we or the Trust should be lobbying the council to give some land to fans that we can own the freehold on and give a peppercorn rent to the club to build a ground on. Not seen any good arguments as to why that couldn’t work.

Sky Blue Pete

I mean to be pedantic even with a new ground we’d be renting from a Sisu prop co. But yeah, the only way I see us affording the Ricoh is sharing with Wasps and I don’t think the relationships good enough to get the pitch sorted for that long term so a ground has to be built. Not much sign of that happening though.
None

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope we some of the money to extend Michael Roses contract did he only sign for two years

win9nut

We are a league one club ffs it's what happens, also bayliss money went on godden and the signing on/loan fees for players we signed in the summer

Robins has also said he will get some of the money in the summer.... Of course we have to cover losses, what would you rather, we sign up to a deal at the Ricoh that could cause the club to not exist? The situation sucks massive balls but we couldnt have accepted what wasps asked for otherwise the whole club would be potentially fucked... hopefully we get back there next season but has to be on terms that favour us not just wasps
So long as they were Akinfenwa’s a few on here would be ok with it I’m sure... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread