Transfer Rumour Sam McCallum gone (1 Viewer)

luwalla

good player, great prospect... sad to see him go, but seems like we got a good fee & cant blame the lad for jumping two divisions. We are being forced to play outside of city, with reduced income of maybe a third of what it could be & despite that the manger has been backed fairly well this season. With that in mind we really had no choice either.

torchomatic

Good business for someone who has played half a season. Not sure about the loan thing, not because of form, but because we already have a ready made - and great - replacement. I think Robins should start playing Mason a little more now.

lord_garrincha

I'm not keen on the loan back thing tbh, didn't work very well with Maddison and not sure why you'd keep Mason out of the side.
Whilst I understand where you are coming from... Maddison was simply part of a team in freefall. Therefore, it's either this or:
i) unproven LB comes in on loan with no understanding of how the team plays;
ii) morning Junior, come back from Scunny... all is forgiven.

I know which option I prefer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Got to be good. Think MR will start with Mason tomorrow, as Sam will have not been fully focused on tomorrow's game (and who can blame him). He can then return for the Blues cup match. After that it's up to MR, but I would expect he will use Mason a bit more often on the run in.

stupot07

Good deal for the club, also not sure about the loan back. Hopefully we can now bring in a decent striker, and maybe a cheeky bid to sign walsh on a permanent deal.

It's a much better move for McCallum than going to somewhere like Liverpool.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I'm not keen on the loan back thing tbh, didn't work very well with Maddison and not sure why you'd keep Mason out of the side.
Many problems with Maddison’s loan though. The team was in free fall, completely packed full of loanees and Mowbray couldn’t contain his ego. I think this will be different.

Reactions: vow

Si80

£3M is great business. Glad he's back with us, he's nowhere near good enough to get into the Norwich side at the moment but is an asset for us in this league.
Hope it means Robins can strengthen up front but imagine the fee is already offsetting the losses this year so not expecting to see anyone come in.

stupot07

Those at the club during that time have said Maddison was affected by all the abuse he got from our supporters. Hopefully the same won't happen to McCallum.
I can't see that happening to McCallum.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Somebody is even moaning we don't have time to sign a replacement.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

Makes me laugh reading this. Half of the Norwich fans are in ecstasy because they’ve signed a player they’ve never heard of or seen play, the other half are outraged because they’ve signed a player who isn’t going to help them stay up.

Reactions: TTG

ccfcricoh

For a player that cost us best part of nothing, played about 20 games in League 1, and i'd argue isn't even one of the most important 5 names on the team sheet, this is good business.

Up to Robins now whether Mason gets a game or not, i trust he'll make the right decision.

torchomatic

At least it was early in the day. Today would have been doubly depressing, Brexit and McCallum at 11.01pm.

Terry Gibson's perm

A good deal for him going to a club where he can continue to develop. A wonderful deal for us a lot of money for a young and relatively unproven player.

I would be using Mason for the rest of the season though

ccfcmad1

3.5 mill being reported plus add ons can't really complain about that it's a good deal, be nice if Robins can use some of that before window shuts time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread