Sam McCallum-Future England Player...? (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Got a decent chance to get to the top flight but not just yet; championship next season (hopefully with us) and see if his development continues. I thought he would struggle to get into the team this year but once Mason got injured he has seized his chance. Playing as a wing back he is bound to get caught out of position occasionally but I like the way hyam covers and talks him through tough periods.
Still got to work on his speed (if anything this is the one area that might hold him back). He is good in the air (really improved on his few games last season) and decent in the tackle. He needs a little more confidence in taking a player on and tends to look back rather than forward when he first receives the ball. His long throw is an asset as his ability to score with a long shot.
He seems a well grounded lad keen to learn more; this is his breakthrough season and many of us thought Mason (myself included) would be our player of the year (based on the first month or so of the season). But since McCallum came into the team we can honestly say we haven’t missed Mason. Great to have two quality left backs. In robins he has a manager that clearly trusts him and I believe he is well well supported by his family. Everything is in place for him to have a successful career: how successful will be down to his application, a bit of luck and making the right move at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nail
Head

hill83

giphy.gif

better days

To be fair at 19/20 Ashley Cole was playing for arsenal in the Premier league... Its not a great comparison anyway as Ashley Cole is one of the worlds best left backs of the last 20 years
And Cole was a converted forward
He played most of his junior football up front until a far sighted coach at Arsenal switched him to left back
So did Josh Pask which is why I'm looking forward to seeing him get a run of games
Obviously not comparing Pask with Ashley Cole's level but his run and goal against Bristol Rovers bodes well I thought

Last edited:

cc84cov

@better days

Any news your end on McCallum mate ? I have a feeling Baka is on his way strange how hiwula came back in for him in Match day squad not like robins to do that after Baka made a contribution Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread