Sakamoto Injury (2 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

I just hope that he is well enough to be able to live a normal life again, although obviously I will be chuffed to bits if he is able to play for us again and be at the same level.

I wouldn't blame him if he decides he has enough of the thuggery that passes for Championship football.

🤞
He's more than likely earning more than he ever has before, I'd be amazed if he decided to leave that behind

Nick

Administrator
Did this on my wedding day. Photographer had a great idea of a photo of me and the best men jumping off a wall. I slipped and landed on my arse. Next day had a 10 hour flight to the states 😢

That the story you are telling???

Covcraig@bury

Could have easily aggravated the sciatic nerve which is extremely painful and debilitating. It can affect your back, hip, knee, shin, ankle and foot.
That my friend is precisely what happened to me playing football over 25 years ago and I’m still suffering with sciatica, it never goes away. I’ve even tried having the nerve end’s removed to no avail. All I can say is it your worst tooth ache x 1000 but it just won’t go !

Hobo

That my friend is precisely what happened to me playing football over 25 years ago and I’m still suffering with sciatica, it never goes away. I’ve even tried having the nerve end’s removed to no avail. All I can say is it your worst tooth ache x 1000 but it just won’t go !

Yes I have 3 prolapsed discs in my lower back. An inch shorter than I used to be. Sciatic nerve often plays up and I have nerve damage in right shin. Skin can feel like it has sunburn.

I feel for you Craig can be very debilitating

bigfatronssba

Bruised coccyx (your tailbone, situated at the bottom of your spine) is seriously fuckin' painful but does ease off after a while.

Did that at school.

Dickhead of a PE teacher got us all to gambowl on one of the gym horses and someone was supposed to catch you as you rolled off it.

My mate was supposed to catch me but thought it would be funny to let me roll straight off.

Fell about 4ft arse first onto a 40 year old gym mat.

Hurt like hell but no lasting damage. Got me out of PE for a few weeks though so not all bad

Covcraig@bury

Yes I have 3 prolapsed discs in my lower back. An inch shorter than I used to be. Sciatic nerve often plays up and I have nerve damage in right shin. Skin can feel like it has sunburn.
For me the worse part is in my job I cover the whole of the UK , so I drive a lot . Much easier with an automatic car but the pain going through my spine down my legs is excruciating. The only thing is pain killers that work now and again. ( morphine) but you can’t take them every day and your body gets immune to them just like nerve pills .
I just hope he get sorted asap with the clubs medical set up . He’s young so fingers crossed .

Sky Blue Dal

My god, just read this. Didn’t realise it was this bad of an injury. After yesterday’s defeat I just switched off and gave myself a break from the Sky Blues. Now come back here to catch up, I get hit with this bad news. Poor poor lad. Really pray if’s all just swelling and bruising and anything very serious. How true is it that he is walking?

Really feeling for Tats. 🙏🏽

StrettoBoy

He's more than likely earning more than he ever has before, I'd be amazed if he decided to leave that behind

I only said that I wouldn't blame him if he decided to walk away from the thuggery of Championship football.

Some things are more important than money. Even if he makes a full recovery he may reflect on the fact that he was probably only a whisker away from serious life-changing injuries, possibly even being paralysed. I wouldn't want to put up with the disgraceful treatment he has to in every game.

It's putting me off football. The brutal arts are triumphing over skill.

Last edited:

Hobo

For me the worse part is in my job I cover the whole of the UK , so I drive a lot . Much easier with an automatic car but the pain going through my spine down my legs is excruciating. The only thing is pain killers that work now and again. ( morphine) but you can’t take them every day and your body gets immune to them just like nerve pills .
I just hope he get sorted asap with the clubs medical set up . He’s young so fingers crossed .

Yes sitting too long or standing too long is equally bad, you just seize up. Yes, driving when you have to use the clutch too much and be very painful, even impossible.

shmmeee

Got a link m8

Use code Sky Blue Stalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Use code Sky Blue Stalk
Sex Cauldron? I thought they shut that place down?

stevefloyd

Sciatica is worse pain than childbirth a woman told me, when I had sciatica it felt like someone was pulling my nerves out the bottom of my feet gradually couldn't walk anymore and had to have an operation to shave the disc

Skybluecol

View attachment 34236
This is the Thomas one for the goal. That looks a bit naughty, tbf.
On YouTube there's highlights that cover 4mins+ that's from PNE ifollow I think and it shows this goal from behind the goal as one of the angles.
It wasn't Wilson ball to go at due to angle/height/pace. Also, Thomas was weak, if he was looking for a foul he didn't even ask for one.

Skybluecol

On YouTube there's highlights that cover 4mins+ that's from PNE ifollow I think and it shows this goal from behind the goal as one of the angles.
It wasn't Wilson ball to go at due to angle/height/pace. Also, Thomas was weak, if he was looking for a foul he didn't even ask for one.
Here is the link

andy86

I thought the bloke (Riis) just timed his jump (cleverly) to pin Thomas to be honest. There is no advantage for Thomas doing that as he is giving the bloke a free header at goal.
Thomas was trying to block their player off to give Wilson an easier catch/ punch, but Wilson never came.

In that instance, the Preston player just wanted it the most.

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

Can confirm Tats is home resting, from someone at club

Not disbelieving what you've posted but I'm waiting for the club to say officially. Too many rumours overlapping.

Otis

can also confirm it was not anything to do with pelvis
Cool.

Pelvis has left the building.

Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

Users who are viewing this thread