Sakamoto Injury (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Guy in prison had a Broken pelvis undiagnosed for 3 days
The foot splayed out is a tell tale sign of a broken pelvis
Sakas are turned in on the picture with him on the ground hands over his face

Lucky to not have a serious injury from that height though if so

Rotational deformity of a lower limb I think is what it is

Hobo

I'm saying we have no idea what the damage is, and that even sending Saka home wouldn't rule out some sort of fracture. Yet people have now diagnosed a bruised coccyx! I'm glad he's not so badly hurt that he's on his feet, but that's a far cry from saying nothing's broken and he's fine.

Keeping everything crossed for him.

Even if it was a minor fracture of pelvis he would be on crutches. Walking and putting weight through his legs into his pelvis would not be recommended at this early stage.

Chris1987

Errr, yes !

Broken or fractured bones need to mend/knit. They do that by staying next to each other. It's why broken arms and legs are held together with plaster casts. Pelvis could be plastered but if it's more discreet (chipped pelvic bone or coccyx bruising), you have to grin and bear it. Movement would normally come later to ensure muscles don't seize up.
Does movement not assist in the bone healing process ? I was led to understand that the contact between the broken components generated new bone which then compacted and hardened around the affected site. Plaster is used to keep everything in s a straight line.
I had a compound fracture of tabula & fibula years ago and because the bone was shattered there were gaps between the bones . No healing resulted which necessitated a bone graft operation at a later stage.

Calista

I never even saw the injury so have no idea what his problem is. I was just responding to your comment about staying in a hospital bed having any benefit. Depends on the injury. Some are fine to be plastered and the patient released. Others are by their nature unable to be dressed and the patient needs to be kept still. And hospital beds have air filled mattresses which can help with hip/back injuries.
We're at cross-purposes. I'm just cautioning against the notion on here that because Saka is on his feet we can diagnose 'nothing broken' or 'bruised coccyx'. I didn't say bed rest is never beneficial, just that it isn't always appropriate, even for significant injuries.

Happy_Martian

We're at cross-purposes. I'm just cautioning against the notion on here that because Saka is on his feet we can diagnose 'nothing broken' or 'bruised coccyx'. I didn't say bed rest is never beneficial, just that it isn't always appropriate, even for significant injuries.

I apologise. Too used to members challenging almost every post I make.

MalcSB

Because on said forum, we talk about lots of things other than 90 minute blocks of football.

I was merely pointing out that comparing a footballer to Saville and Hitler was nonsense. Even if the player in question is hated when he's on the pitch.

Robbie Savage was a prick on the pitch but seems alright off it.
The context of this thread is violent conduct on the pitch causing serious harm to (our) players. In that context, whether a dirty bastard player raises thousands by crocheting for charity in their spare time is immaterial.

Johnnythespider

Did this on my wedding day. Photographer had a great idea of a photo of me and the best men jumping off a wall. I slipped and landed on my arse. Next day had a 10 hour flight to the states 😢
Lawyer Injury GIF by Law Brothers

Nuskyblue

If it is a broken pelvis, and it's severe, the mortality rate looks frighteningly high - some articles say around 1 in 3, depending on severity.

For a young lad who gives so much joy to suffer an injury like that is almost beyond belief. The footballing side doesn't matter right now, I just hope and pray he's okay.
Is the mortality rate so high because they are more commonly from things like car accidents which will also have a lot of other significant injuries due to the nature of the event?

Hobo

Gone from being almost dead to being back against Maidstone on Monday. Great to have a medical team of ITK’s as well.

Except nobody has said he will be back anytime soon.

Calista

Did this on my wedding day. Photographer had a great idea of a photo of me and the best men jumping off a wall. I slipped and landed on my arse. Next day had a 10 hour flight to the states 😢
And you had work to do that night too.

Nuskyblue

I think this is a bit harsh. Sakamotos leap was almost gravity defying and in the speed of the moment I can’t see it a deliberate attempt to injure.

Bobby Thomas does the same thing and tries to roll the forward
It happens all the time but probably shouldn't.

I would say it wasn't a deliberate attempt to cause injury but I am certain the defender knew he was not going to win the challenge and could have pulled out.

He was comically late.

Nuskyblue

From watching the replay, if that kind of nudge happens to someone 6 foot they probably land on their feet. I don’t think it was to intentionally injure him more to stop him getting the ball. However it should still be punished as it is dangerous
They would and they do. Kane does this to 6ft + 13st defenders regularly. If you're pushed at that point in your leap you have no control of your landing (hence why it is outlawed in rugby).

Otis

Don't think I'll ever go to the docs again, if I ever need any advice or diagnosis I will just drop into this chat..
It's brilliant. Thoroughly recommended.

They cured me of the diabetes I didn't have and fixed a potential, future ingrowing toenail.

Top bombing.

Happy_Martian

Does movement not assist in the bone healing process ? I was led to understand that the contact between the broken components generated new bone which then compacted and hardened around the affected site. Plaster is used to keep everything in s a straight line.
I had a compound fracture of tabula & fibula years ago and because the bone was shattered there were gaps between the bones . No healing resulted which necessitated a bone graft operation at a later stage.

I will bow to your better medical knowledge. As far as I know, movement doesn't improve bone knitting. Grandmother fractured her wrist and it was put in a cast from knuckle to her forearm. Movement was prevented while the bones knit. I was using knowledge obtained from Youtube, secondary Biology lessons and my Mums anecdotes, she worked at Walsgrave Hospital. Not the most impressive library of medical texts.

StrettoBoy

I just hope that he is well enough to be able to live a normal life again, although obviously I will be chuffed to bits if he is able to play for us again and be at the same level.

I wouldn't blame him if he decides he has enough of the thuggery that passes for Championship football.

🤞

Users who are viewing this thread