Sakamoto Injury (2 Viewers)

Otis

Feel terrible for him. Especially as he’s so new to the Country. If I could find a decent place for people to drop videos (Google Drive for example) I don’t mind editing a video from the fans to wish him well. Might be a plan. 👍🏻
Nice one, Gruff. 👍

Liquicon

What was equally shocking was how slow our physio's were getting on the pitch when a group of our players and the ref were calling them on. Then the calling for the stretcher was met with an equally slow response, people stood on the touchline, looking around what is, you want us..
Problem was the ref wasn’t calling them on. Our players can wave as much as they want, but ref has to wave them on and he took far too long on both occasions. Fitting for the rest of his performance really.

Hobo

Problem was the ref wasn’t calling them on. Our players can wave as much as they want, but ref has to wave them on and he took far too long on both occasions. Fitting for the rest of his performance really.

He was waving them on and they just stood there. The incident was directly in front of me.

Hobo

I’m in 22, and saw the ref staring at the player for a long time while van ewijk was waving at the bench.

I'm in 21 and once the ref was waving them on there was still a delay.

Happy_Martian

CWR have just teased an update.

The update is the club haven't heard anything and he is expecting further tests later today. More news this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

mark82

I think this is a bit harsh. Sakamotos leap was almost gravity defying and in the speed of the moment I can’t see it a deliberate attempt to injure.

Bobby Thomas does the same thing and tries to roll the forward
It definitely wasn't. You see them multiple times each game. Is the kind of action that should maybe be looked at, but in reality it's a bit of a freak accident.

long way home

I thought the ref was poor all game, he didn't have control at any point of any minute during that game. Preston did what they wanted including having a drinks break, because they wanted to.. We have seen bad refs making bad decisions, but a ref with no control is dangerous and shameful the outcome was for all to see.

djr8369

It definitely wasn't. You see them multiple times each game. Is the kind of action that should maybe be looked at, but in reality it's a bit of a freak accident.
When a player jumps for a header they are in control of their movements and land in control. Introduce other players and there are unknowns but generally still in relative control so a player can land safely.

Last night was a deliberate attempt to send a player completely out of control while midair, while making no attempt to challenge for the ball, with the intention of the player becoming injured.

That is an accident waiting to happen, not a freak accident.

mark82

When a player jumps for a header they are in control of their movements and land in control. Introduce other players and there are unknowns but generally still in relative control so a player can land safely.

Last night was a deliberate attempt to send a player completely out of control while midair, while making no attempt to challenge for the ball, with the intention of the player becoming injured.

That is an accident waiting to happen, not a freak accident.
Maybe you're right, accident waiting to happen. You see stuff like this time & time again throughout the season (and our players do it too).

djr8369

Maybe you're right, accident waiting to happen. You see stuff like this time & time again throughout the season (and our players do it too).
Absolutely. I’ve said previously it happens every game. Some times punished, some time not. It’s dangerous and I don’t understand the lack of consistency.

Skyblueweeman

Wait I can go further: Hitler loved animals.
Fucking hell, stop exaggerating what HH is saying and comparing O'Nien to Saville and Hilter FFS.

He's not asking you to be O'Niens best mate. All he's saying is that despite being somewhat of a knob on the pitch, off the pitch that's not the case.

Chris1987

I get it can happen by accident but in this case the player stopped looking at the ball and looked at Saka, leant in and created a platform for him. Hope the player is proud of himself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Hope he's got a conscience and feels like the scum bag sack of shit he is today. Same applies to the coach who obviously instructed his players to dish out every dirty trick in the book.

napolimp

I was taking the mick, sorry

In all seriousness, the possibility (however remote) that Tats’ career with us could be over has left me completely tilted. Would go down as one of the most enigmatic cult heroes in club history. I’m refusing to even contemplate it.

I started doing some research when you said that, based on where the pain appeared to be when he fell. He does appear to be holding his pelvis, but I've heard pelvic fractures can be life threatening and require immediate surgery. To be fair, if he's having further tests and is still being looked at, maybe it's not worst case scenario.

Brighton Sky Blue

In all seriousness, the possibility (however remote) that Tats’ career with us could be over has left me completely tilted. Would go down as one of the most enigmatic cult heroes in club history. I’m refusing to even contemplate it.
Just got to hope against hope for the least possible damage. At least these shithouse managers who just instruct their players to hack the opposition's more talented players get what they wanted.

Saddlebrains

Hopefully it shouldn't come to that

The issue isnt the injury itself that will heal in a few months

Its the potential nerve damage that can be the problem, but impossible to say due to swelling etc. That will only become clearer in time

Grendel

Fucking hell, stop exaggerating what HH is saying and comparing O'Nien to Saville and Hilter FFS.

He's not asking you to be O'Niens best mate. All he's saying is that despite being somewhat of a knob on the pitch, off the pitch that's not the case.

He didn’t love animals and wasn’t a vegetarian anyway - what a dumb viewpoint that is

MalcSB

Why would we care what he’s like off the pitch? This is a football forum, not the charity commission.

Hobo

CWR have just teased an update.

The update is the club haven't heard anything and he is expecting further tests later today. More news this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

It's like the weekly Coventry Telegraph update on Callum O'Hares contract - basically nothing has changed.

Skyblueweeman

Why would we care what he’s like off the pitch? This is a football forum, not the charity commission.
Because on said forum, we talk about lots of things other than 90 minute blocks of football.

I was merely pointing out that comparing a footballer to Saville and Hitler was nonsense. Even if the player in question is hated when he's on the pitch.

Robbie Savage was a prick on the pitch but seems alright off it.

shmmeee

Calm down, I’m clearly not comparing O’Nein to Hitler and Saville 🤣

RegTheDonk

I'd echo that. I've met him a couple of times and he's come across as a decent lad. A mate of mine was a PT for him and said he's sound. Obviously has a different persona on the pitch.
That's like saying a copper is a lovely family man who does work in the local community... but when he's on duty is a right c**t. He should know right from wrong and his employers would also be accountable if he deliberately steps over a line.

Heart out to Tats he's the real concern now.

Users who are viewing this thread