Sad Article On JH (1 Viewer)

phildownunder

I have been full time carer for my wife since January this year, fortunately she still recognises me. I'm quite used to being woken at 5a/m
because we have a Dr app at 2p/m. It's not an easy life for the patient or the carer.

So sorry to hear of your situation Fred. It must be hard for both of you. I hope someone is able to offer respite for you both at times because, as you say it isn`t easy on either of you.

Best wishes to both of you.

phildownunder

This is a tragic end to an eventful and fulfilling life. Like others on here I was lucky enough to live through the era when Jimmy was manager. In that time we became one of the leading teams in the midlands attracting gates of 26,000 and more, and frequently in the news with the innovations he introduced and success on the field. He gave us pride in following City.

He brightened up the football watching part of my teenage years and provided (for me) the most exciting period of following City that I have experienced to date. The FA cup win was great of course, but JH`s time at the club extended over 5 years or so during which we were transformed from a run down backwater to a Div 1 side.

It`s so sad that he witnessed the decline of the club but is not able to see what may be a revival now.

But my greatest sympathy goes to his family. It must be heart wrenching being with someone you love who looks exactly the same, but is no longer the same person.

Esoterica

No need for those comments pal. It was Joe Elliot who arranged the statue and made a major contribution to it coming about. Politely suggest you retract your comments.

Have deleted my comment in order to keep the discussion on Jimmy and people's touching stories.

Users who are viewing this thread