Rumour - Stuart Mckinstry (1 Viewer)

CovLad94

Sky sports pete o rourke has linked us with Leeds winger Stuart McKinstry

CovLad94

Wanted on loan apparently, could probably play in a O'Hare role or similar to what allen does.
Stoke and Blackpool also linked with him

slowpoke

Can play 10 as well as wide. Talented boy, good dribbler. I could see some truth in this if Leeds are willing to let him go.
Has he got plenty of pace something we could do with reckon we are one of the slowest going forward in the division.

higgs

Might be time to tweak things a bit try to get crosses into the box for god and gyo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

He has in the past when we've had players he thought were up to the job

Problem isn’t really the lack of wingers as much as lack of fullbacks. Kane might be OK but I’d worry about Maatsen and possibly even the CBs in a flat back four.

steve cooper

Why not both?

Moore
Kane Rose Fadz Maatsen
Hamer Sheaf
McKinstry O’Hare Jone
Györkeres

As I say above I’d worry about the defence but I do like a 4231 formation personally.
Is it still possible Maatsen could be recalled?
In which case I assume we would have to replace him somehow, could lead to some formation flexibility with Kane, Dabo, and another

slowpoke

That could be okay personally I’d go with a fully fit JCS for balance he’s been carrying an Achilles injury for a while not ideal but with JCS there Dabo as an attacking left back might be okay, we need to try something different.

shmmeee

Is it still possible Maatsen could be recalled?
In which case I assume we would have to replace him somehow, could lead to some formation flexibility with Kane, Dabo, and another

No chance Chelsea recall him. He’s nowhere near their first team.

pusbccfc

Why not both?

Moore
Kane Rose Fadz Maatsen
Hamer Sheaf
McKinstry O’Hare Jone
Györkeres

As I say above I’d worry about the defence but I do like a 4231 formation personally.

Robins won't play 4 at the back.

shmmeee

He has before. Like I say I don’t think I we’ve got the squad for a flat back four, but he played it at points last season and in L1/2 seasons so it’s not like he’s ideologically opposed.

I think the main reason he avoids it right now is Fadz in a back two and the defensive abilities of our fullbacks.

Liquid Gold

Until we settled on a back 5 in our L1 promotion season Robins had only ever played a back 4 for us.

I think in his first spell he preferred 4231 then we started with that in L2 until Jodi got injured and we moved to 442 then we started L1 with 4231 again with Andreu. L1 promotion season we started with 433.

slowpoke

He has before. Like I say I don’t think I we’ve got the squad for a flat back four, but he played it at points last season and in L1/2 seasons so it’s not like he’s ideologically opposed.

I think the main reason he avoids it right now is Fadz in a back two and the defensive abilities of our fullbacks.
I think Todd Kane is okay defensively at right back could he play left ? not sure on Maatsen but he’s off in the summer anyway then there’s Dabo could he do a job on the left ? not sure but without him we lose his much needed attacking pace

CCFCSteve

Until we settled on a back 5 in our L1 promotion season Robins had only ever played a back 4 for us.

I think in his first spell he preferred 4231 then we started with that in L2 until Jodi got injured and we moved to 442 then we started L1 with 4231 again with Andreu. L1 promotion season we started with 433.

Yeah he’s been flexible in the past (sometimes enforced though). If the recent run has highlighted anything, it’s the need for Robins to be a bit more flexible when needed against opposition that stifle/change it up against us. Derby and Blues are two games that spring to mind where I felt it was crying out for a change of tack against teams that were set up to nick a point. To do that we need a couple of additions, ideally with some pace

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah he’s been flexible in the past (sometimes enforced though). If the recent run has highlighted anything, it’s the need for Robins to be a bit more flexible when needed against opposition that stifle/change it up against us. Derby and Blues are two games that spring to mind where I felt it was crying out for a change of tack against teams that were set up to nick a point. To do that we need a couple of additions, ideally with some pace

PNE was the most frustrating, just standing watching the midfield get overrun and Robins having seen the same thing by his own admission didn’t do anything until we’d let 2 goals in.

He is working with a skeleton crew meaning there is no margin for error

shmmeee

I think Todd Kane is okay defensively at right back could he play left ? not sure on Maatsen but he’s off in the summer anyway then there’s Dabo could he do a job on the left ? not sure but without him we lose his much needed attacking pace

Dabo is awful at fullback. I’d have the same concerns about him as Maatsen TBH. Plus as I say you’d have to drop Fadz as he doesn’t have the pace to play in a two. I just don’t think we have the squad to make it work TBH as much as I’d like to see it given a go.

Liquid Gold

I think he's reasonably flexible over the course of a season but his major weakness is being slow to make in game adjustments or deviate from his set plan.

slowpoke

Dabo is awful at fullback. I’d have the same concerns about him as Maatsen TBH. Plus as I say you’d have to drop Fadz as he doesn’t have the pace to play in a two. I just don’t think we have the squad to make it work TBH as much as I’d like to see it given a go.
I suppose it’s all about squad building and along the way there are casualties, I think Kane is the best defending full back we have who can deliver good and dangerous crosses into the box and I agree with you re. Dabo as an out and out full back is wanting. So where in the team if Kane gets the rb slot does Dabo fit in or he is now expendable.

Legia Sky Blue

I suppose it’s all about squad building and along the way there are casualties, I think Kane is the best defending full back we have who can deliver good and dangerous crosses into the box and I agree with you re. Dabo as an out and out full back is wanting. So where in the team if Kane gets the rb slot does Dabo fit in or he is now expendable.

Has anyone ever suggested Dabo to play in centre midfield?

pusbccfc

Our best successes have been with 5 at the back and we've played that way for a few years now. I can't see one player coming in changing that. Particularly a young player.

Plus, Dabo and Maatsen as full backs worries me. As does having two centre halves.

slowpoke

If we stick with five at the back I’m okay with it but we have to up the quality a good bit in midfield i don’t think the answer to that is at the club at the minute unless Eccles surprises us.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I have a friend who is a Leeds fan, he reckons that there could be something in this and that this guy can play Wing back, Central Midfield, Atacking Midfield and Winger, but says he is probably not Champo quality yet maybe league 1 but could be a good squad player for us

SBchimp

Don’t know much about him but as he’s only played 3 mins of mens football. Was in the last Scotland u21 squad, didn’t make the bench in the first game, unused sub in the second.

He’s played 14 times for Leeds 23s only 6 of which were starts.

Not saying he’s not a player but nothing to suggest he would be ready for the championship.

slowpoke

Not as experience as Josh Reid then who can’t get a sniff of our first team and is a a regular in our U/23s who are top of the U/23 division and has played over 20 games in the SPL against the likes as Celtic & Rangers

Users who are viewing this thread