Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
It looks as if Gilbert is playing word games.

After categorically denying the hoffman and elliott he is now trying to pick out the exact words.

"are talks ongoing"
"yes"
"So talks are 100% still in progress both ways between SISU and Hoffman to buy the club? Note, both ways."

giphy.gif

Skyblueweeman

Looking/reminiscing wistfully, it was that quickfire double header of Walsall and Burton at home where the wheels fell off the season wasn't it? Felt like a real opportunity missed at the time.

Sorry about that...I've only been to two games in a row, once in many years. Burton/Walsall last season. Oops.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
On the basis of the official statement from SISU reported by Reid there never were any talks.

So what we had it seems was a bid communicated to SISU by Hoffman's syndicate that was flatly turned down. No discussion but Hoffman has not as yet given up - so most likely is writing another letter asking for a discussion, which most likely will be rejected or ignored. So Gilbert can rightly say it is not over

that's my guess anyway

As for the reporters and respective newspapers they are as bad as each other, nothing to choose between them sadly

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If rejected out of hand as derisory by Sisu.
Why then if Sisu are not interested have they asked for proof of funds and transparancy of investors?

Standard SISU lawyer practice....... the SB Trust simply asked for a meeting and were asked for proof of funds and transparency of the investors

Nick

Administrator
On the basis of the official statement from SISU reported by Reid there never were any talks.

So what we had it seems was a bid communicated to SISU by Hoffman's syndicate that was flatly turned down. No discussion but Hoffman has not as yet given up - so most likely is writing another letter asking for a discussion, which most likely will be rejected or ignored. So Gilbert can rightly say it is not over

that's my guess anyway

As for the reporters and respective newspapers they are as bad as each other, nothing to choose between them sadly
Not over is different to in talks..

This is where the word play comes in.

robbiekeane

If I was SISU I would say the exact same thing whether there was a deal to be done or not. It's either true in which case we are fucked or it's a hard ball negotiation stance in which we need to pray the buyers have the cash that SISU want to get lost.

hutch1972

They
Supporters should ask for this in reply to any correspondence regarding season ticket renewals :smuggrin:
Season tickets !!! I'd like to think that the ones they have sold already will be the last.
The last couple of days has taken my mood from 1 extreme to the other. One minute of hope for a future followed by the thoughts of another wasted season with these pirates in charge.
People must be seriously considering their position regarding putting any more money their way , I know I am.

The Penguin

Season tickets !!! I'd like to think that the ones they have sold already will be the last.
The last couple of days has taken my mood from 1 extreme to the other. One minute of hope for a future followed by the thoughts of another wasted season with these pirates in charge.
People must be seriously considering their position regarding putting any more money their way , I know I am.

It's a moot point for me, given I live on the other side of the globe, but I probably wouldn't buy one, I'll put it that way.

Nick

Administrator
There is just as much if not more word play or twisting used by Reid in his articles etc Nick I don't see the challenge to that though

I agree, there are plenty of bits in there with the repeated copy and paste of Wasps / Trust etc that aren't needed.

Is there as much misleading about the main points / headlines?

CLAIMS today that Coventry City ‘takeover talks’ are ‘ongoing’ with Gary Hoffman have been categorically dismissed as false by the club’s ‘owners’ Sisu, we can reveal – after we revealed yesterday his bid was rejected as ‘derisory’.

That is pretty certain language.

However, to say "there are talks ongoing" if there isn't then and it really means "hoffman will be back with another offer" it's a different ball game.

Whereas Gilbert is using Wordplay to get around things and keep the fire burning for the takeover traffic. The same as the chinese / australian stories.

I'm just trying to gather facts, rather than the padding / blurb of the history thats in every article.

olderskyblue

Standard SISU lawyer practice....... the SB Trust simply asked for a meeting and were asked for proof of funds and transparency of the investors

Sorry OSB, you're wrong. They made a bid. Tim said that a formal takeover offer had been made.... ;)

clint van damme

given it's now accepted that there was some truth in the initial rumours, it's worth noting that they also said that things were fairly advanced and should be concluded before the end of May - could be reid and gilbert are both wide of the mark as to exactly how far down the line this process is.

Nick

Administrator
given it's now accepted that there was some truth in the initial rumours, it's worth noting that they also said that things were fairly advanced and should be concluded before the end of May - could be reid and gilbert are both wide of the mark as to exactly how far down the line this process is.

Let's hope! ;)

Moff

So Hoffman was angry that the detail of the bid and his involvement was leaked and yet now an anonymous member of his Consortium is giving regular news updates and feeds to Simon Gilbert, only to probably be undone by SISU leaks to Les Reid.

What a bunch of Jokers.

ajsccfc

I'm starting to suspect Les and Simon are making the whole thing up and have a bet over who can get the most hits in 24 hours. The winner gets a shiny new pound coin which the Telegraph have managed to get at least 10 articles about so far.

torchomatic

The word 'exclusive' has lost all meaning with all this going on between the warring papers.

This is the kind of thing Orson Wells would have made a film about.

Users who are viewing this thread