Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (22 Viewers)

skybluetony176

What I don't get is why Hoffman is being given a free pass as our potential saviour. He was front & centre for the whole mess in the first place – along with Onye, Ranson et al – and has to take some major responsibility for running up the debts and our fall from grace, surely?

For arguments sake and I'm not suggesting this will happen for one minute. What if successfully took over the club leading a consortium and then went on to successfully turn the clubs fortunes around to the point where we're back in the championship and a stable club could you then say he has taken responsibility for his original part by remedying what has happened during not only hos time but also what's happened since he left? Just a thought. Not an impossible scenario.

Joy Division

When Fisher leaves if he says "I wanted SISU to go because I hated them and I wanted to buy Adam Armstrong but they said no" will he be a hero?

Why would he be a 'hero'? who's suggested Ranson is a hero?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It's almost as if people have no other argument. Quite telling really.
I guess it's because people are so angry with SISU (which I can understand, there's a long list of things I'll never forgive them for) but surely it's reasonable and responsible to ask any potential new owners for the same plan we want from SISU; academy, ground, budget, etc.

Liquid Gold

For arguments sake and I'm not suggesting this will happen for one minute. What if successfully took over the club leading a consortium and then went on to successfully turn the clubs fortunes around to the point where we're back in the championship and a stable club could you then say he has taken responsibility for his original part by remedying what has happened during not only hos time but also what's happened since he left? Just a thought. Not an impossible scenario.
We were very nearly promoted to the championship last year with Fisher and SISU, would that have been redemption for them?

mark82

You're mental.

No-one is releasing rumours to "stir things up". What's the point? There's no massive conspiracy Nick, just an endless succession of arseholes and fuck ups.

Edit: I see the Sisu Defence Force are out today. Is there some kind of c**t signal for you guys, or a WhatsApp group, or?

Don't get this comment. Not seen anyone on here suggest they want Sisu to stay.

The fact is, Sisu own our club so until someone makes them an offer that meets their valuation, whatever that may be, they aren't going to sell. Going in with what is reported to be a 500k offer was never going to tempt them and anyone with half a brain cell knows that. The only hope is that it was a starting position and they can go much higher, or are willing to take on some of the "debt" to Sisu.

olderskyblue

It's almost as if people have no other argument. Quite telling really.

It is quite telling nick. If anyone suddenly appears on here after an absence having a go at SISU, you're all over them. Rob S turns up every so often, and not a word from you, just the opposite in fact. you try to undermine those that mention it. Even this latest post, worded as it is, could be construed once again as singing from Tim and Les's hymn sheet.

I'm surprised you havent used you're PR line on it... (i'm not really)

ajsccfc

Out of interest, how big was the biggest thread here? This one's already 70 pages long and may only just be getting started.

dongonzalos

Most importantly it's positive that talks are still ongoing.
It would've nice if people were not shooting their mouths off to the press calling offers derisory and not credible.
Come on Mr Fisher behave like a businessman do you discussions behind the scenes.
Nothing to say at this stage to Les (sorry the press)

Nick

Administrator
It is quite telling nick. If anyone suddenly appears on here after an absence having a go at SISU, you're all over them. Rob S turns up every so often, and not a word from you, just the opposite in fact. you try to undermine those that mention it. Even this latest post, worded as it is, could be construed once again as singing from Tim and Les's hymn sheet.

So what should be done is using debate, discussion and facts to disprove it and prove them wrong.

Isn't Rob S the same bloke who travels home and away to support the club? I'd hardly say he is signing up under a WUM account like the ones I point out.

The post you quoted was actually in reference to the SISU Defence post ;)

Nick

Administrator
It would've nice if people were not shooting their mouths off to the press calling offers derisory and not credible.
Come on Mr Fisher behave like a businessman do you discussions behind the scenes.

Are talks still ongoing or is it a play on words?

Sky Blue Kid

We were very nearly promoted to the championship last year with Fisher and SISU, would that have been redemption for them?

Absolute bollocks! We were never in the running from the end of November. Want to borrow my glasses and have a look at the results from November 24th to end of season?

olderskyblue

So what should be done is using debate, discussion and facts to disprove it and prove them wrong.

Isn't Rob S the same bloke who travels home and away to support the club? I'd hardly say he is signing up under a WUM account like the ones I point out.

I didn't say he does, but his agenda has always been clear.

What did Tim and Les' response to Hoffman's bid say to you? SISU don't want him involved, clearly. OSB referred to it earlier in this thread. And along comes Rob, and guess what, he starts to undermine Hoffman. Not difficult to make the link really. You've made far more tenuous ones before.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say he does, but his agenda has always been clear.

What did Tim and Les' response to Hoffman's bid say to you? SISU don't want him involved, clearly. OSB referred to it earlier in this thread. And along comes Rob, and guess what, he starts to undermine Hoffman. Not difficult to make the link really. You've made far more tenuous ones before.

Hoffman has been undermined throughout the whole thread.

So, if you don't agree you would surely prove him wrong with facts etc? Just throwing out SISU defender doesn't do anything.

If it was new accounts or duplicate accounts you may have a point ;)

Liquid Gold

Absolute bollocks! We were never in the running from the end of November. Want to borrow my glasses and have a look at the results from November 24th to end of season?
With that shite form we were still in the top 2 till something like the end of February.

Why are you always such a prick?

ajsccfc

We dropped off massively last season, but when you end up only five points short of 6th place you're never completely out of it.

Grendel

Do you believe Tim Fisher leaked the news to Italia - wow that's some accusation.

Do you have any evidence?

Grendel

Monners

I don't mind Hoffman being part of a consortium. He is tarnished by past events, but if he starts the ball rolling to get new owners then fine. The club is dying so something has to happen soon.

Nick

Administrator
The new thing is that the observer has stopped any takeover happening for making things public...

I really hope that's not going to be the official line and people fall for it.

Nick

Administrator
I don't mind Hoffman being part of a consortium. He is tarnished by past events, but if he starts the ball rolling to get new owners then fine. The club is dying so something has to happen soon.

Same really, it's just as he has history he would need to work a bit harder to get as much backing as an arab prince!

Users who are viewing this thread