Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Well, he was simply pointing out that these owners have a history of moving teams around. He didn't even mention Wasps fans reactions to the move but you couldn't wait to jump in and defend them. I suppose that if Wasps owners took us over and moved us to Lincoln you'd be ok with that? I also naturally assume that you were in full support of our move to Northampton, yes?
Why would I support the Sisu plan to get the Ricoh for themselves at the expense of the tax payer? We never needed to move.
Two different reasons. One survival one greed.

Grendel

Why would I support the Sisu plan to get the Ricoh for themselves at the expense of the tax payer? We never needed to move.
Two different reasons. One survival one greed.

Wasps moved out of greed oh and did the one thing that you said sisu would do - pile a shed load of debt against the stadium.

italiahorse

Wasps moved out of greed oh and did the one thing that you said sisu would do - pile a shed load of debt against the stadium.
It's there debt against a valuation on their future business plan.
Something Your mates Sisu couldn't do. Firstly no business plan and secondly incompetence.

Captain Dart

Can someone change the title and add "rumour" please, reads like a telegraph headline!
Nick needs to shorten the Transfer Rumour prefix to just Rumour.

mrtrench

Neville Chamberlain has also agreed a deal to take over for next season. Document blurred for legal confidentiality.

images

Grendel

It's there debt against a valuation on their future business plan.
Something Your mates Sisu couldn't do. Firstly no business plan and secondly incompetence.

The "future valuation plan" that was supposed to be subject to a second independent audit that never happened you mean?

Bumberclart

Just imagine the upturn in mood if this was true. Surely we can't have 2 lots of good news in one month. We're Coventry City, good news only comes every 30 years or so.

Grendel

Anyway back to the opening post - the person who made it seems not be a wum - I still can't see it happening - so very odd.

Captain Dart

The club aren't involved. It's just everybody getting things in place when Sisu give up.
That would be my take, building a relationship for the future.

NorthernWisdom

If someone's main driver is the football club itself when they make a decision, not a different business they will get my backing.
How about if their judgement on who to support has seen them throw their weight behind not one, not two, but three of the most shocking chairmanships the club has known?

Would you credit them with it being fourth time lucky?

(Edit for clarity, not talking Hoffman here)

Grendel

Not who we should be welcoming, though.

Their track record (Elliot's especially) is pretty shocking.

Indeed - it's like being told that Robert Mugawbwe has died and as the population celebrate they are bring told a nice chap called Mr Stalin will enter the hot seat.

NorthernWisdom

Indeed - it's like being told that Robert Mugawbwe has died and as the population celebrate they are bring told a nice chap called Mr Stalin will enter the hot seat.
And yes, it's a savage indictment of SISU, that we've sunk so low that such a rumour is seized upon with hope anyway.

But seriously. We might be on our knees, but we can still do better.

Maybe Fisher'd like in on the consortium too, just to set it off nicely.

dongonzalos

It would be good if things are getting agreed to cover the possibility that SISU may walk away.
Also if you are actively trying to find a buyer. It helps if you can show them a plan.

Evo1883

Why do you lot always have to argue ?
Look spoke to the bloke on the phone who put the rumour up last night at 10pm .
Simon Gilbert has been inboxing him trying to goad him into saying what he knows .
He seemed very sure about what he was saying and that's all I have to go on at this point .
I'm sure now that something has been said and it's been made public , somebody somewhere will have to confirm or deny .

Chill people lol, if nothing fruits then we are in the same situation anyway so why argue

skybluetony176

Believe it when I see it. IMO someone from within or connected the club is enjoying playing games with the fan base and leaking fake news and gossip into the general domain for personal kicks. There's been to many false dawns of late for someone not to be doing it deliberately. I cant see SISU going anywhere until at the earliest Ryton has been unloaded or at latest JR2 has been exhausted.

Evo1883

Believe it when I see it. IMO someone from within or connected the club is enjoying playing games with the fan base and leaking fake news and gossip into the general domain for personal kicks. There's been to many false dawns of late for someone not to be doing it deliberately. I cant see SISU going anywhere until at the earliest Ryton has been unloaded or at latest JR2 has been exhausted.

I agree , I also spoke to my mate who has big links with players agents and is usually the man I get info from , he says he's heard nothing concrete , although he did say by all accounts SISU are softening on what they want for the club .

Look il tell you what I've heard and you make your own minds up

1. SISU agree to sell in principle
2. Ryton is going no matter what with SISU , a new training facility will be built in bulkington and we will train at the Higgs in the meantime , agreed in principle with wasps .
3. We will be paying money to SISU for a good few years to come irrespective , mostly based off performance

That's as much as I have heard on this matter

martcov

They could keep Ryton and rent it to new owners on a short term lease and carry on with the JR2 anyway. We've heard rumours from relatively reliable sources before and they have come to nothing.... so let's wait and see....

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why do you lot always have to argue ?
Look spoke to the bloke on the phone who put the rumour up last night at 10pm .
Simon Gilbert has been inboxing him trying to goad him into saying what he knows .
He seemed very sure about what he was saying and that's all I have to go on at this point .
I'm sure now that something has been said and it's been made public , somebody somewhere will have to confirm or deny .

Chill people lol, if nothing fruits then we are in the same situation anyway so why argue
I should imagine that if there were any truth in this, there's not now you know what they're like for confidentiality and all that. So although I don't believe it I'm blaming your source for it not happening.

hutch1972

I agree , I also spoke to my mate who has big links with players agents and is usually the man I get info from , he says he's heard nothing concrete , although he did say by all accounts SISU are softening on what they want for the club .

2. Ryton is going no matter what with SISU , a new training facility will be built in bulkington and we will train at the Higgs in the meantime , agreed in principle with wasps .
3. We will be paying money to SISU for a good few years to come irrespective , mostly based off performance

On point 3,
Was this not put forward by Hoffman when he tried to buy it for £1 ?
Any deal that would realistically realise any return for them would be that.

dongonzalos

Point 3 is the only deal SISU are going to get really. Someone offering to tskecon the club and if they achieve promotions SISU get a pay off bit by it.
No where near what they are looking for though.

Captain Dart

On point 3,
Was this not put forward by Hoffman when he tried to buy it for £1 ?
Any deal that would realistically realise any return for them would be that.

1) The SISU deal with Robinson/McGinnity/Higgs had (as it turned out) a worthless performance clause in, £6M if promoted. It lapsed after 5 years I think.
2) If SISU are softening then I put it down to season ticket sale meltdown, so I believe all parties will wait & see what happens with that. I'm pretty sure SISU are shitting themselves in case the drop is humongous.

SkyBlueZack

Why shit themselves? They will cut the budget to reflect sales. They have said they will, unsure as why people still think it will impact SISU?

Captain Dart

Why shit themselves? They will cut the budget to reflect sales. They have said they will, unsure as why people still think it will impact SISU?
Wait and see.

Evo1883

If you think about it , leaving a club with no fans in the bottom division is as good a time to strike a deal to leave as any is it not ?
There is almost zero financial gain for them at this point , so why stay ?

SkyBlueZack

The breaking point will just be a shit team. They are not going to just up and leave as ST sales are low. They will sell players and play youngsters. They will move to a non league ground. I don't see anything that shows them selling up anytime soon.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Believe it when I see it. Not saying you are wrong Evo ..... just there have been so many false dawns

The three points in themselves worry me. Let alone that messrs Hoffman & Elliott are apparently involved. This would be the same two that have been involved in creating the mess, muddied the waters on a number of occasions, come up with "plans" that didn't make sense, and at least one of them advocated closing the Academy.

If SISU (it would be ARVO actually) are taking the Ryton site, the question I have is where is all the funding coming from to build a new site, provide working capital, buy a squad capable of promotion and also pay SISU based on performance. Why would you do the performance bit at all let alone do it long term. If you are targeting promotions then you are guaranteeing SISU payment if it happens. They would have to have substantial backers capable of funding success in L2 but also funding a push from L1 which would require several millions per year, (look at Sheff utd , Bolton, etc wage bills in L1) and then the ability to find finance in Championship probably north of £5m pa just to compete. Let alone paying SISU, there are no great income streams to do this from so that means more debt doesn't it?

Whilst we are training at Higgs where are Wasps going to be training? They have to be out of Broadstreet end of next season, cant fit both on one site surely? Inbetween now and then the new Wasps training ground has to be built with all the associated disruption etc

SISU have parked CCFC and it is costing nothing. What has been outlined at initial sight seems to hamstring the club for years to come especially if it has a little success. Which makes me doubt the drive and plan behind it, makes me ask why would you do that

Would need to know a lot more detail before I could get behind this. We need a clear clean break from the past in my opinion and that includes from Hoffman & Elliott

Just out of interest when were the pictures of Hoffman etc taken?

Last edited:

italiahorse

The "future valuation plan" that was supposed to be subject to a second independent audit that never happened you mean?
It was only done 12 months ago and the bond value would indicate any changes.
Even you must see that the plan is going in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread