Rumour - Arsenal Interested in Maddison (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Just seen this on Facebook, it's credited it to the Daily Mail but obviously could be bollocks.

Arsenal have apparently had scouts at a couple of our games already looking at Maddison

As I say this is just something ive read and am relaying so don't shoot the messenger !

lifeskyblue

Bang bang...you're shot. Seriously...I'm not surprised clubs are watching him. I bet it's not just arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

This is laughable. Come on, Arsenal have 100 awesome midfielders already!

skyblue14

Surely there must be scouts at lots of games watching lots of players - that's what they do. I would imagine it's in the bigger clubs' interest to keep tabs on promising young players.

shmmeee

There was a post on here about an Arsenal scout at a match wasn't there?

Either confirmation or the source of this rumour depending on your out look I guess.

SlowerThanPlatt

I have now noticed he's sponsored by Nike and has the same agent as Daniel Crowley - another Cov kid who ended up at Arsenal. Nike would probably be pushing him for a move to a better club to increase his brand and his agent will be telling him all about what Crowley gets at Arsenal...

Sky Blue Harry H

1) wouldn't get a game in their first team for several years (except Carling Cup or whatever it's now called)

2) If they did want him - look at money they paid for Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlaine and Walcott from Southampton. Hold out for £10M plus (as if Arsenal really wanted him , there'll be loads of 'smaller PL clubs who do too - so you can haggle the price up, and remember Burnley are stumping up £9M for Andre Gray). Finally, have a 'we want him back for a season (minimum) to increase his exeperience (Arsenal should be happy with that, rather than getting splinters on a bench at best).

3) Don't sell him now - price will only continue upwards in this crazy football world (we cocked up already with Calum W on this) and benefit form having him in a sky blue shirt. He's on a longish contract, and enjoying playing for us.

SlowerThanPlatt

We aren't getting £10m. He's worth it in the long run potential wise but we're not getting that sort of money as a L1 club who's scraping the barrel.

Sky Blue Harry H

We aren't getting £10m. He's worth it in the long run potential wise but we're not getting that sort of money as a L1 club who's scraping the barrel.

Because?
If there's only one team after him and you're desperate...then yes, the price can be haggled down

When there are a number of clubs......that should push the price up surely (and potential ... Oxlade Chamberlaine, Chambers etc costs)

SlowerThanPlatt

Because?
If there's only one team after him and you're desperate...then yes, the price can be haggled down

When there are a number of clubs......that should push the price up surely (and potential ... Oxlade Chamberlaine, Chambers etc costs)

Them clubs didn't need the money. They have billionaire owners who are funding the club out of their own back pocket. SISU don't do this. We only got £3m for one of the best young strikers in the country, I doubt we'll be getting much more for a player who's only made 12 appearances regardless of how talented he's looked.

Rich

1) wouldn't get a game in their first team for several years (except Carling Cup or whatever it's now called)

2) If they did want him - look at money they paid for Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlaine and Walcott from Southampton. Hold out for £10M plus (as if Arsenal really wanted him , there'll be loads of 'smaller PL clubs who do too - so you can haggle the price up, and remember Burnley are stumping up £9M for Andre Gray). Finally, have a 'we want him back for a season (minimum) to increase his exeperience (Arsenal should be happy with that, rather than getting splinters on a bench at best).

3) Don't sell him now - price will only continue upwards in this crazy football world (we cocked up already with Calum W on this) and benefit form having him in a sky blue shirt. He's on a longish contract, and enjoying playing for us.

You don't get splinters sitting in the stands and looking at the Bench.

Hopefully this injury is enough to keep him from their clutches.

Otis

Them clubs didn't need the money. They have billionaire owners who are funding the club out of their own back pocket. SISU don't do this. We only got £3m for one of the best young strikers in the country, I doubt we'll be getting much more for a player who's only made 12 appearances regardless of how talented he's looked.

Bournemouth though were a Championship club. Maddison is showing more potential than Wilson did. Maddison is 18 and Wilson, 23.

Premier clubs on the whole have much more money to burn than Championship clubs.

chiefdave

Surely there must be scouts at lots of games watching lots of players - that's what they do. I would imagine it's in the bigger clubs' interest to keep tabs on promising young players.

Of course there is and I doubt they tell people who they are going to see. Clubs like Arsenal most likely have a huge number of scouts, one turning up to watch us doesn't mean anyone is about to move.

mrtrench

This has been coming for years. Alex Ferguson was aware of him more than 5 years ago. It will happen sooner or later

ccfctommy

Brian McDermott who is now Arsenals chief scout was at the Crewe game. My mate met him. Thats where its come from.

SkyBlueScottie

I have now noticed he's sponsored by Nike and has the same agent as Daniel Crowley - another Cov kid who ended up at Arsenal. Nike would probably be pushing him for a move to a better club to increase his brand and his agent will be telling him all about what Crowley gets at Arsenal...
Just because he wears Nike does not mean he is sponsored by them. Also remember Nike are no longer involved at Arsenal.

ecky

If we want to get out of this league this season then Sisu must resist to sell every time they get someone sniffing
Wilson was sold to cheaply in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread