Rumour - Arsenal Interested in Maddison (5 Viewers)

rupert_bear

Yes. Kids younger than that are scouted now and contracted, I.e. Some kids aren't allowed to play any amateur football cos they're signed to a pro club
Yes young 8 year old in my grandson's team just been given contract by ccfc and is restricted to just playing and training with them, absolutely unbelievable imo. but that is the way nowadays kids just out of kindergarten trapped in contracts, then many released after one or two years cress fallen, how this has been allowed to happen is a scandal and needs Government attention.

chiefdave

Yes young 8 year old in my grandson's team just been given contract by ccfc and is restricted to just playing and training with them, absolutely unbelievable imo. but that is the way nowadays kids just out of kindergarten trapped in contracts, then many released after one or two years cress fallen, how this has been allowed to happen is a scandal and needs Government attention.

Don't have a problem with clubs identifying potential talent early on and having input into their development, after all you would expect a professional club to have a better infrastructure, but it does seem some sort of regulation is need to make sure the youngsters are still enjoying their football and not being put under too much pressure.

Winny the Bish

The difference with Oxlade-Chamberlain was that he was named in the League 1 Team of the Year and was on the shortlist for Player of the Year, and he was at a club that didn't "need" the money.
If Maddison matches that level of success, the max i can see him going for is around 5-6 Million.

rupert_bear

Don't have a problem with clubs identifying potential talent early on and having input into their development, after all you would expect a professional club to have a better infrastructure, but it does seem some sort of regulation is need to make sure the youngsters are still enjoying their football and not being put under too much pressure.
There is supposedly regulation but with footballers becoming wealthy when still in their teens how can you regulate parents looking for that pot of gold for their little Johnny. What annoys me is the mass scouting that seems to happen nowadays when anyone with half an eye know most ain't good enough but they string them along.
They are too young to handle the inevitable rejection

Users who are viewing this thread