Rugby World Cup (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

I think HT is the perfect opportunity for Eddie Jones to begin preparations for the next tournament in 4 yrs time.
Can only see SA nibbling away with penalties second half.
Game has gone exactly as I called it from seven days ago, albeit without the dreadful handling and passing from England.
But what defence from SA on the half hour mark.

Otis

Effective rugby but boring as buggery style. If the rest of the game pans out like this England lose and it is a poor advertisement for the game. Really want England to win, obviously - but f we are to lose, hope the 'depression; spreads to The Wasps 'support' (that's the miserable side of me coming out!)
Yeah. We need a 'Umm, let's give this Rugby a go......... Ohhh...... it's a bit crap isn't it!'

Otis

This is terrible from England. Their handling has gone to pot on the back of South Africa pressure.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We've been terrible and the early injury to Sinclair hasn't helped. The ref seems much quicker to give penalties against England than SA. That first penalty they missed he gave almost before the player was on the floor then about 10 minutes later he didn't give one to England when SA held up the ball for a good three or four seconds.

Nick

Administrator
Watching and seeing people in group chats act like rugby experts because they are watching a final.

giphy.gif

Fucking bandwagon.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've said before, not the least interested in club rugby (except the obvious anti-wasps bit) but do enjoy watching England in internationals (except today!) and no, I don't understand some of the technicalities. Come on City!

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it over with now this event has gone in way too long and all these rugby fans can disappear again.

Thankfully they lost in what sounds a drab game so hopefully no upturn in the sport and hopefully no help to London wasps which is more important than any win

Sky Blue Harry H

Everybody wants to be associated with a winning team -had to laugh at my 85 year old stepfather, when I mentioned the General Election. He said 'I don't know if I'm going to vote as I'm not sure who's going to win it' ?!?!?!

speedie87

That game summed up why rugby isn’t as popular as football worldwide. Players are too big these days not enough space.

oscillatewildly

That game summed up why rugby isn’t as popular as football worldwide. Players are too big these days not enough space.
It's become far more popular in the last 30 years - aided by certain rule changes, more of a competitive nature at club level etc but you're right about the size of the players (who've also become athletes) Even half backs and full backs are sometimes the size of forwards from thirty years ago.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Didn't watch it. Couldn't be arsed. I take it England lost? :yawn:

speedie87

It's become far more popular in the last 30 years - aided by certain rule changes, more of a competitive nature at club level etc but you're right about the size of the players (who've also become athletes) Even half backs and full backs are sometimes the size of forwards from thirty years ago.

think they are proposing to change the kicking to touch rules in future to try and force teams to keep players back to to stop the ball going out to create more space. More could easily turn into more kicking

Users who are viewing this thread