Rugby World Cup (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

They did well to stem the Aussie tide after they came back from 26-8 to 26-22. Great defence, then managed to control possession for the last ten minutes. They'll probably fuck it up against Fiji though! Or Uruguay!

Frank Sidebottom

Imagine Japan and Samoa qualifying!

Kinda hope Japan do make it through, But can see them winning 3 games again and not qualifying like the last world cup. Can see Scotland waking up and getting bonus point victories against Samoa and Russia and Ireland likewise. Leaving a massive game in Japan vs Scotland. Japan will probably need the 4 tries against Samoa and to beat or stay within 7 points of Scotland to go through.

Sky Blue Harry H

They did well to stem the Aussie tide after they came back from 26-8 to 26-22. Great defence, then managed to control possession for the last ten minutes. They'll probably fuck it up against Fiji though! Or Uruguay!

Great game - did laugh at the end when the Welsh (captain?) was being interviewed and was asked if he had a message for the fans back home..
"Llanfairpwll cymru daffodil gogogoch" was the (rough) response. End of conversation!

bringbackrattles

England starting to pull away from Argentina, not pretty rugby but effective.
The Argies are tough but England should score more tries second half.

SkyblueBazza

Wales with a narrow win over Australia. Really good game.
You are the first to mention Australia on the thread. My money is on them to lift the trophy...played very well in defeat...gathering a head of steam gradually I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

scottccfc

as much as the red card was a red card, I feel for the game it should of been a yellow, this game will be nothing more than a glorified training drill now !

SkyblueBazza

England starting to pull away from Argentina, not pretty rugby but effective.
The Argies are tough but England should score more tries second half.
England aren't pushing themselves too hard imo. They're just letting Arg blow themselves out as they're having to work really hard

SkyblueBazza

Is it just me? The BBC Sport webpage commented about "...England rumble on..." into the quarter finals after a convincing victory over - yes a depleted Argentina, then on the other hand on BBC Newsnight comment that " Wales live up to thier billing by reaching..." the same! No bias there eh? Or are the BBC just guilty of extreme patronising???

I think it's the latter tbh. It's always a brave Scotland etc. England unless they win the World Cup, Six-nations & any game they happen to play - with flair! - it simply isn't enough is it???

CJ_covblaze

Game off. Probably the only sensible decision. It’s a more difficult one for the Scotland Japan game.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was amazed this event is still going on the coverage is terrible it was about the fifth story on the sports news yesterday.

SBAndy

Game off. Probably the only sensible decision. It’s a more difficult one for the Scotland Japan game.
It’s a shame but it begs the question as to why the tournament is being hosted by Japan during typhoon season (note: I know nothing about the seasonality of Japan as a whole, just seems odd).

ccfc92

It’s a shame but it begs the question as to why the tournament is being hosted by Japan during typhoon season (note: I know nothing about the seasonality of Japan as a whole, just seems odd).

June to October apparently, with July + August the most likely.

ccfc92

Ah, so almost impossible to cater for the entire tournament outside that window. Fair enough.

I thought the same as yourself tbh. I suppose it's just unlucky there is one now, as it's the end of the typhoon season. The American hurricane probably didn't help, not sure if they are linked with atmospheric pressure etc?

CJ_covblaze

bringbackrattles

England v Aussies quarter final. Going to be a cracker. I said Japan may cause some shocks. Still wide open though, but surely the All Blacks are the team to beat still ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never write off Ireland in sport. The fighting Irish !
We have the All Blacks in the quarters next Saturday. We've beaten them the last couple of times we played them. If we get past them again, then we face either Australia or England in the Semi's. Can't wait for next Saturday! Bring it on!

Gazolba

Japan vs Scotland was a fantastic game.
Every game I've watched so far though, the ref has missed forward passes.

bringbackrattles

Loving the World Cup. But get a bit irritated at some of the cards given for some tackles. Obviously head and high neck tackles are dangerous, but around the chest is fine. The refs are giving red cards for tackles that are heavy and hard, but come on this is rugby not netball.
I played for 3 seasons back in the 80's for Pinley and the Standard, and we were told to get stuck in because if you don't tackle hard and fair, you will be prone to a bad injury. Health and safety is important in a physical sport, but this tournament seems to be a bit over the top at times.

Users who are viewing this thread