Round 4 : who do you want ? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

If we get Man City, who changes shirts?

mrtrench

any combination from 10 draws, whether 10 homes, 10 aways, 5 homes 5 aways, 4 homes 6 aways has exactly the same mathematical chance of being drawn though I may be wrong @mrtrench will be able to confirm!

Harry is correct and Schmmeee has explained why. The probability of each individual draw is 0.5 each time. For the next two draws the probability of two homes = 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25. Similarly for two away it is 0.25. However for one home and one away there are two combinations that work: HA = 0.25 and AH = 0.25. So you have to sum them and it's 0.5.

clint van damme

Harry is correct and Schmmeee has explained why. The probability of each individual draw is 0.5 each time. For the next two draws the probability of two homes = 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25. Similarly for two away it is 0.25. However for one home and one away there are two combinations that work: HA = 0.25 and AH = 0.25. So you have to sum them and it's 0.5.

I was working on the coin toss principle which obviously doesn't apply to this scenario as home is drawn first. Cheers MrT

Otis

They got 7000 at home???
They did.

Against Burton at home in the 3rd round. Hardly a big draw for either side.

Birmingham would undoubtedly bring at least 5,000 here. Local derby, local rivalry, one round further in the competition.

I reckon we would get 20,000. It's only 18 miles up the road.

covcity4life

had a dream last night we got yeovil at home

but hull and preston keep standing out when i think about it

man u liverpool man city spurs or yeovil or newport please!

mrtrench

It's exactly the same as a coin toss. If you specify the exact order of results then all outcomes are equal, but if you simply say 'one head and one tail' you have to sum the number of sequence combinations that can occur. There's a formula for calculating the number of permutations which I can pm you if you are interested.

Otis

It's exactly the same as a coin toss. If you specify the exact order of results then all outcomes are equal, but if you simply say 'one head and one tail' you have to sum the number of sequence combinations that can occur. There's a formula for calculating the number of permutations which I can pm you if you are interested.
Maybe later. At the moment I am watching a sparrow go in and out of a hedge.

ATB81

Extremely unlikely, but if two Exeter tickets are going spare then will collect and pay at convenience. Thanks

Modcons86

As long as we avoid a friday night away game (for my own selfish needs, night shift and no holidays left) im a happy man.
Big team at home to fill the ricoh would be top after saturdays atmostphere, other than that
Birmingham wolves west brom away
Yeovil home
Huddersfield away wouldnt be too bad, got family up there ;)

fernandopartridge

At 45% of ticket income we would be much better off with an away tie at a ground with a larger capacity than ours. Man Utd is the ideal scenario particularly with their prices.

Nick

Administrator
Wouldn't mind Man Utd away, only thing is if they put it as a Friday night for TV it means a day's holiday from work.

SkyBlueScottie

A Home tie against Baggies or Leicester, as it will sell a decent amount and be a proper atmosphere, where as a "big" team means it will sell but there will be a shit atmosphere because it will be full of randoms who have come to see the stars... Alternatively Man U at Old Trafford, lets get some cash in the bank...

SkyBlueScottie

A Home tie against Baggies or Leicester, as it will sell a decent amount and be a proper atmosphere, where as a "big" team means it will sell but there will be a shit atmosphere because it will be full of randoms who have come to see the stars... Alternatively Man U at Old Trafford, lets get some cash in the bank...

NortonSkyBlue

Working out the percentages I have come to the conclusion that we will be away or at home and our opponents will be one of the sides left in the competition.
Similar to the European cups the only club we will avoid will be from our own city and I don't mean our landlords.
Any of the Midlands sides at home would be great(or away)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ha ha! Years ago HH I was at the IoW Festival and we went into Newport to get more beers, deodorant etc. It was pissing down so I asked one of the lads to ring us a taxi back to the site. He Google’s ‘Newport taxis’ and after making his first call, he came off the phone going ‘how f*cking rude was that Welsh taxi driver. Said it was too far...it’s only a mile away’.

I had to explain that that there were two Newport’s to him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brilliant SBW! But there are 3 Newports that I know of. One here, where I live, one in Wales and one in Shropshire. Confusing for taxi drivers!!

ashbyjan

Whoever gives us the biggest payday so away at Man Utd / Liverpool / Man City etc. The club needs every penny in the coffers to put towards strengthening the squad for a promotion push - ideal scenario for me is a big payday away at one of the Premiership big guns. We are not going to win this competition so lets get a boat load of cash for MR to invest. Otherwise it will be selling to balance books and to hell with promotion - promotion is vital this season.

Skyblueweeman

Brilliant SBW! But there are 3 Newports that I know of. One here, where I live, one in Wales and one in Shropshire. Confusing for taxi drivers!!

Oh yeah...I remember cycling nearby or seeing a signpost for the one in Shropshire on the LEJOG ride...totally forgot. I remember at the time thinking that was the 3rd!

Going to the festival again this summer...first time in years and it's my birthday on the Friday. Looking forward to it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Oh yeah...I remember cycling nearby or seeing a signpost for the one in Shropshire on the LEJOG ride...totally forgot. I remember at the time thinking that was the 3rd!

Going to the festival again this summer...first time in years and it's my birthday on the Friday. Looking forward to it.
Give me a shout if you get a spare hour and we can meet in Newport somewhere for a pint!

no_loyalty

Was just thinking that Birmingham at home would tick all the right boxes.

Winnable
Would generate a lot of interest
And would produce a very healthy attendance.

Agree this would be a good draw, wouldn't mind West Brom or Leicester at home either

MatthewWallis

Liverpool at home, hopefully moved to the Sunday/Monday night I’m away on the Friday & Saturday

Otis

We are ball number 8.

Liverpool 4
Man U 15
Man City 23
Spurs 18
Norwich/Chelsea 31
Birmingham 3
Fleetwood/Leicester 20
Newcastle 27
Sheff United 1
Wolves/Swansea 25